collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting money off paypal account?  (Read 596 times)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Getting money off paypal account?
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:59:14 AM »
I know this may seem like a really silly question but I'm new at PayPal so it's something that's been bugging me..
Anyways, I sold an item on ebay a couple weeks ago and have it linked to my PayPal account. Ever since the buyer paid for the item the money has been sitting in the "pending transactions" tab :huh: I've never sold anything on ebay before and when I read the FAQ it said it could take up to 21 days until I actually get my money??? I'm just confused -_- I want to sell other items on ebay but 21 days for payment is a bit much!
Also, once the money is out of the pending transactions field how do I go about actually getting it into my hands? I have my bank debit card affiliated with my account for purchasing things off PayPal so does that mean the money will be put onto my card and deposited into my bank account?

I've already tried Googling these answers, I just find it easier to actually be able to talk to real people and get answers relatively fast.
Thanks!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Getting money off paypal account?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:24:46 AM »
They're doing the same thing to me right now and it sucks because I don't have access to the funds that I need in order to ship! Apparently it's some kind of insuance policy on their behalf until we receive positive feedback. It's ridiculous how they punish the sellers and do nothing against buyers who don't pay!
I think (but don't quote me here) that you need a special card in oder to access your PayPal in real life.
I know what they're doing...they're holding the money so they can bleed every ouunce of interest off it. If they hold 20 bucks fron each of the sellers, and it adds up.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:32:01 AM »
Shannon this link should provide all the info you need on why your funds are being held.  And what you can do to have them released sooner.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability

And in order to have access to your funds you can transfer them out of your Paypal and into your bank by clicking on the withdraw tab in your Paypal account.  There is a debit card and I believe you have to apply for it.  I have one but I have had it for years and I can't remember if I applied or it automatically came because I have a business account.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »
Upload your tracking number ASAP - when it's delivered, you will have the hold released.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »
I have their ebay Credit Card , so I just send it there when the money is available, you can pay for shipping until they pay you, so you do not have to pay the shipping on the items you are selling ,they charge the shipping once they funds are released :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
Thanks you guys :)
I forgot to mention in my original post that I already shipped out the item and it was received and I got a positive feedback for it and still I have to wait -_- According to ebay the money should be available on the 12th so hopefully it will work but its just such a long time!
I really don't want any credit cards so I'm going to try and see if I'll be able to transfer it into my bank account once it's done pending :)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
The first few items that I sold, the payment was held for a while--not the full 21 days though. After a few positive sales, it was in my account for use right away. I have mine linked to my bank account now so I can transfer to it. A few years ago I would just wait until I accumulated a good amount and then request a check.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal