collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: share your stories!  (Read 705 times)

glitter the unicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
share your stories!
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:02:57 PM »
we have all heard of people getting pony gifts from parents/friends, so this thread is to find out whose parents/friends have the best pony luck. I wanna see if you guys can outdo each other! :biggrin: tell your stories of outrageous finds!

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: share your stories!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:01:11 PM »
I have two! The first one isn't super exciting, more sentimental. My dad has always been my collecting buddy so he finds ponies for me occasionally. On my 12th birthday I came downstairs and there was the dream castle carrying case PACKED with ponies and accessories on the table he found for me at a local flea market! I remember being so mad he had gone without me but it's a good thing he did! None of the ponies were really rare but they were the first pony gift I ever got. Since then he's given me Diamond Dreams and TAF Buttons too :)

This one is more impressive haha. I have some friends I've made at my nearby goodwill outlet who are all professional eBay sellers. One woman in particular always gave me the ponies she thought were too ratty to sell. Her standards were super high though so I pretty much got all of them. One day she gave me a small bag of ponies containing Tex, pearly Baby Firefly and.....MIMIC! I was shocked! Definitely one of my top pony gifts!

glitter the unicorn

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:20:01 PM »
wow, that's going to be hard to beat! not only tex but mimic too! score!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
What an awesome story :D

My friend is always on the lookout for ponies for me :) She found a a bunch of G1s (64 I think) at the flea market for $15! TAF Yum Yum, Baby Sea Ponies with floats, Flower Fantasy Sweet Blossom, and some LLL Pixietails were among them ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »
My mom and dad go to a lot of auctions and garage sales in the summer and are always keeping a lookout for me. They have probably found me twenty or so g1. I think the best pony my mom found was hollywood for ten cents. Not a mark on her and perfect symbold. I wish it would have been your diamond dreams or mimic Munchy. What great finds. Anyway I was very happy with Hollywood as she is so pretty and I definately didn't think I would find a MO thrifting. Thanks mom and Dad : ) Thanks for buying toys for your 33 year old daughter lol. :blush:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:38:39 PM by bbassel »

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:12:47 PM »
Those are amazing stories.  My mother and family really don't do much flea markets or anything.  Mommy just watches craigslist and garage sale's sometimes.  I think she found a lot of ponies which I ended up buying.  I got three ponies MOC. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »
Awesome thread!  :)

My mom and I usually hit the same thrift store together every week but last summer I was working, so she went without me every week.  One day, I came home and she told me he'd foubd me g1s and to chek the bag.  Imagine my huge surprise when I opened the bag to find, besides Tootsie and Milky Way. . .

MO Mommy Pony.  :frolic:

My mom has better awesome pony luck sometimes.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:01:37 AM »
I don't have much to say...

My mom has been giving me ponies for my birthday and/or Christmas since... well, forever, really. Last Christmas, she told me she had to search everywhere to find a pony for me. She got me Glimmer Wings Rarity, which was never on my wishlist, but I was so touched that she went through all the trouble of searching for one AND sending it to me since I live in a different country... I was so happy :') She is now a special pony, in a special shelf and all :D

PandoraFox

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 06:12:09 AM »
My fathers girlfriend seems to have good pony luck.

She'd already been very, very kind to me by giving me her own childhood ponies.
She mentioned them when she saw my own, and managed to locate them only a few weeks later, after which she gave them all to me.

A few months later, she went to our local charity store to buy me a present for babysitting my baby brother a lot.
Until very recently I've never seen anything but G3 ponies and fakies at that store. Yet she managed to come home with a Nurse Loveheart, and a Cherry Treats. Bonus being that Cherry treats is a bit grimy, but for as far as I can tell, not showing the yellowing that is so typical for her. I've been a bit wary of washing her, since she still smells of cherries, but once I do she should go back to being pristine white.

glitter the unicorn

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 07:53:46 AM »
 :whoa: these stories are incredible! One time my sister came to a yard sale with me, and she stopped me from leaving a pile of ponies I missed! I'm so glad she was there! On another occasion my dad pointed out a yard sale full of g3 ponies just across the street! Those are my best stories though. These stories definitely top mine!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »
Wow amazing stories! Alas all I and my mum seem to manage to find is Baby Stella and a collectors pose AJ...but as I didnt have the latter at the time she was an awesome find!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

glitter the unicorn

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »
sorry for my ignorance, but who is baby stella?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »
sorry for my ignorance, but who is baby stella?

She is wrongly named on this site as Nightsong but this picture is Baby Stella. http://mlpland.com/?l=2&p=bekijk_pony&id=388
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

glitter the unicorn

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
 Oh wow,  baby stella is really cute!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal