collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Skelita's hair  (Read 458 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Skelita's hair
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
I checked Ravie's MH Hair thread, but I didn't notice Skelita listed. I was wondering if anyone knows if her hair will take a boil perm at all?

Thanks!! :D

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Skelita's hair
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
No one knows? I may have to bite the bullet and just give it a try

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
I've boiled her side curls (where the orange is) and I boiled the back piece straight. The curls on the side didn't hold as well as I had hoped, but I also removed my curlers earlier than I normally would. The back piece would most likely curl with a boil perm, since it feels like saran; it took beautifully to straightening when I did it. But it's really thick and heavy, which sometimes tends to pull a curl down over time. I use a light mousse in Lagoona's curls, which helps it keep, but I know some people don't like using product in their doll's hair.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »
Thanks for the info :) I have never been able to get Saran to hold a boil perm. It always falls within hours of taking the pins out. If the orange and black are both Saran, I'll just have to be happy with it as it is, I guess.

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »
Really? How long do you leave the pins in for? I find that saran does come undone over time (without product), but I've gone several weeks before it starts to fall. I usually leave the pins in for a few days. I also toss my dolls in the freezer for a bit, while the hair is still wet.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 02:27:27 AM »
My method in the past was to bring water to a boil in the microwave, in a mug, and dunk the hair in it (already wrapped and pinned) for a minute or two, then let it dry for 24 hours. I take the pins and straws out.. and the curls just come out limp, then go away. It just can't compare to nylon :( I have even tried to simply get the saran to lie flat for bangs, but I boil permed the bangs flat at least three times before giving up. It would dry, and within a few hours, the hair would start to pop up again.

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:46:24 AM »
Oh, it needs more than a day to properly set the curl. I usually leave mine in three days or so. I've never had much issue with the bangs popping up; but try to dunk, comb down and then rubber band a paper towel around her head while it drys. Also, do you use ice water after the boiling water treatment? That will help set it too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal