collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what are good dolls to use for trade?  (Read 1133 times)

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
what are good dolls to use for trade?
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »
What are some dolls that are good for trades? Other than guy dolls. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

edit to move -- Jupi
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:27:14 AM by jupiternwndrlnd »

faunabay

Re: Good dolls for trade.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
I don't know what others will say but for me personally that's a hard question.  Because I like different dolls for different reasons!  And truthfully never know exactly which ones will catch my eye!   :lookround:  :lol:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Good dolls for trade.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Any of the earlier released dolls or the SDCC ones.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

animal_lover

Re: what are good dolls to use for trade?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »
Are people still looking for wave 2 dead tired, Cleo's vanity, abbeys bed, scary tales clawdeen, pd Cleo, or ss draculaura?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »
Are people still looking for wave 2 dead tired, Cleo's vanity, abbeys bed, scary tales clawdeen, pd Cleo, or ss draculaura?

do you have all those in hand? if so, you might get some interest if you make (or edit your current) thread in the MH sales area. You will get better interest in trades or sales if you have photos of the dolls you have in hand :)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »
Pretty much whatever dolls you have that you want to part with, those are the best trades.  It's risky to try and trade with dolls you haven't purchased yet.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »
Pretty much whatever dolls you have that you want to part with, those are the best trades.  It's risky to try and trade with dolls you haven't purchased yet.
I agree. I wouldn't buy dolls just to try to trade them. Only buy the ones you want unless you have someone who has already agreed to buy or trade for the other dolls.

animal_lover

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:23:09 PM »
I went to a walmart, target, kohls, and walgreens that I haven't checked for MH yet. I'll admit I went a little crazy! Especially since I am jobless right now and using my savings to pay for things. Anyway, at target I bought PD Cleo and scary tales clawdeen. I only got them because they were the last ones and I had never seen them yet. I thought someone might want them. Although I do kind of like that clawdeen!  :lol:

At walgreens all they had were 2 sets of the wave 2 dead tired but I didn't buy any of them because I wasn't sure if people are looking for them. I do sort of like them, but I'd rather get frankie and ghoulia. I did buy a little metal lunchbox type container thing that's MH.I was thinking of maybe using it for the dolls clothes and what not but I'm not sure yet. It was only $4 so I figured why not. Lol

Kohls had a few swim class draculaura's among some DT and others. She's cute but they're so expensive there. $20 for the thin box dolls. So I opted out.

Walmart had a lot more stuff than the other walmarts i've been to so I got really excited and went a little crazy. Bought Skelita (yay! finally), a beat up ss draculaura (was on sale for $10 and I got it for 5 cuz I asked for some off because of the condition. I was excited!) I also bought frankies, ghoulia's, and operetta's deluxe fashion packs, AND frankie and operetta's single outfit fashion pack. I also saw cleo's vanity, and abbey's bed. I was torn whether or not I should buy them in case someone is looking for them. There were 2 vanity's and 1 bed left. But I also saw abbey's bed at kmart. I ended up leaving without them though.

I guess my question is if I see something that I haven't seen before and there's only a few left, should I get it in case someone here is looking for it? And if that's the case are there sets that are more desireible than others and which are they? I guess my point is I just don't want to buy something just for the purpose of thinking someone might be looking for it only to find out no one really cares. Lol

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
the really really really new stuff is sought after and the really really old stuff (ie: first releases, second releases, Dawn of the Dance)....generally things you don't find in stores.

Things like Scary Tales, Picture Day, Scaris (aside from Deuce), and signature dolls like Robecca, Venus, Rochelle,...even the swim line dolls are wide spread enough that most people have already tracked them down.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 02:36:47 PM »
Wow, that sure is a lot of money to drop in one day. I hope you have success selling or trading the ones you don't want to keep.

Even with a steady income I don't have money to be spending on dolls that aren't for my own collection. As a rule I tend not to buy dolls unless I want them or know there is a demand for them. It doesn't make sense to just buy up everything I see - I'd be stuck with tons of dolls that no one else wanted and would be out a lot of money.

There's not really an easy rule to what is worth getting and what's not. Just because something is the last item on the shelf doesn't mean it's worth getting. The only way to really know those kind of things is to be active and read a lot around this forum and other MH sites. I notice that you tend to post a lot of new threads rather than joining in the main monster high discussion thread, and I think you're probably missing out on a lot that way. Keeping up with what other people are discussing is the best way to know what's new, what's hard to find, and what other people are looking for.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:38:38 PM by NoDivision »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
i only have one doll that i got as an "investment", and that was catrine.
but by investment it means i haven't stripped her face and repainted it. XD

faunabay

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
I've only bought 2 dolls because I hadn't seen them anywhere else, wasn't sure I wanted them but thought what the heck I'll go for it.  LOL  Mostly I bought them because I don't know these dolls very well yet.....am still pretty new to them.  So I'm getting any of them I semi-think I might want.   :blush:   
One was DT Cleo...which I didn't know was as hard to find as it is  :P  and a Wave 2 Clawdeen which I did know was a little hard to find but a few were still out there.  Out of those 2 I know I want to keep Cleo....Love her!   :biggrin:  But I am thinking very seriously about trading away the wave 2 Clawdeen....not sure yet.
So I'm not buying things for other people but in buying for myself I know there will be things I'll trade away eventually.   ;)

Post Merge: March 05, 2013, 03:15:10 PM

i only have one doll that i got as an "investment", and that was catrine.
but by investment it means i haven't stripped her face and repainted it. XD
I did get a swim class Venus with the sig face.  She's the only one I have left in the box.   :lol:  I thought I'd get her before they all disappear and only have the green eyes version out. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:15:10 PM by faunabay »

animal_lover

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate it.

@faunabay I still have yet to find either version and it's getting really frustrating! In fact today was the first time I saw any of the SC dolls...

faunabay

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate it.

@faunabay I still have yet to find either version and it's getting really frustrating! In fact today was the first time I saw any of the SC dolls...
If you have any Barnes and Noble bookstores near you check there.  I went into one sunday and they had a bunch of swim class dolls.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »
I went a little crazy in the beginning too... Although my purchases were a bit more substantial... I ended up buying the whole s1600 set on eBay because I thought they were no longer out as I hadnt seen them... lo and behold they showed up at Walmart a couple of days later (sans Clawd, who I happened to get in the lot)... I could have saved some money... but hey... they were for me and at that point I didnt care... Shortly after I was a little mad because I saw the HTF label on in and jumped... Now that I know which ones are the more sought after... I tend to focus on those if I can find them for trade... Right now I am kicking myself for not bidding on a MH lot that had DotD Deuce and Gil in it... no one bid on it and the auction ended at $30!!!!!!!! with $10 for shipping... if only! Lol Secretly I am hoping they relist it... its still sitting on my watch list and hasnt yet... but hey... a girl can dream...  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal