collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you ever wish MH dolls were thicker? (for clothing sharing purposes)  (Read 810 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever wish MH dolls were thicker? (for clothing sharing purposes)
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 04:10:15 AM »
I have to wonder why Mattel didn't make MH and Barbie the same size

#1 - Barbie's chest on MH chicks would be wawawawoom! and that doesn't go well with parents *g*
#2 - It would be a threat to the MH fashion packs. Mattel wants both markets, not just one ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:17:49 AM by Zapper »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Do you ever wish MH dolls were thicker? (for clothing sharing purposes)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 04:47:24 AM »
Ohmygosh I now want a Nefera-sized Abbey SO MUCH. I'd accept a big sister!

Absolutely. I've been blabbing about this for weeks. Muahaha!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:45 AM »
I couldn't agree more - Lala and Ghoulia should be smaller (in my perfect doll-world she'd have an arched back, too), and Abbey should be bigger!! - They have the molds now.. but I guess it wasn't something they spend any thought on at the very beginning and now it's too late to change them. Very sad. :<

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »
I couldn't agree more - Lala and Ghoulia should be smaller (in my perfect doll-world she'd have an arched back, too), and Abbey should be bigger!! - They have the molds now.. but I guess it wasn't something they spend any thought on at the very beginning and now it's too late to change them. Very sad. :<

I've been thinking about that too.. It really is a shame, but they probably won't change any pre-existing characters now.  Personally I wish the most that they would give Ghoulia a total overhaul including a zombily hunched back and a new face sculpt that looks more like her artwork; they completely lost the adorable awkward nerd look in the dolls.

Anyway, more on topic, I'm ok with the body shape of MH dolls - Mattel hired some wonderful sculptors - because they have so much life and expressiveness.  Personally I don't care for the extreme arch in their backs, and I wish they were more realistically proportioned, but I don't care that they don't fit in Barbie clothes (I kinda hate most of Barbie's clothes, especially the ones that have "Barbie" all up in the fabric print, which is most of them).   I do appreciate that there *are* other doll clothes and shoes out there that fit MH, but I'm not sad that one of them isn't Barbie.

I would give an arm or a leg to see a line of dolls that included some plump characters, but that will never happen, especially with Monster High. 

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:51 AM »
I would give an arm or a leg to see a line of dolls that included some plump characters, but that will never happen, especially with Monster High.

Which is sadly ironic, since a major theme of MH is embracing diversity and being bold. They could do a whole variety of shapes and heights, if only they'd take the risk. :huh:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:11 AM »
Not at all. I love their unique bodies; the arched spine and foot, the long legs, the tiny waist and the full hips. It's very different from other lines on the market, although the majority of doll lines seem to be diversifying even within their own brands. Also, I find the majority of Bab's clothes to be a bit... pedestrian, and skewed towards pink glitter. Even the nicer, more fashion-forward pieces have a "catalog" look, while MH is a bit more editorial, in my opinion :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal