collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you use for hair ties?  (Read 397 times)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you use for hair ties?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
I have some clips as well. I find them to work all right, but sometimes I really need a band for a nice tight ponytail. Unfortunately I find that removing almost any type of band results in the removal of some hair strands as well, so I avoid using them. Either I need to find better bands or I need to work more carefully!

Have you tried cutting them off if they are those little clear elastics... I know it seems like a waste, but I got a pack of like 500 for $2-$3 at walmart...  ^.^

Ah, now that I hadn't thought of. I'll be stopping by the supermarket today and I'll check the hair accessories to see if I can find any. Customers will no doubt be wondering what a man is doing looking as such things, but I'll be discreet!

My husband goes into the accessory aisle all the time... although he does have 2 daughters as an excuse...  :P  Lol

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »
I have some clips as well. I find them to work all right, but sometimes I really need a band for a nice tight ponytail. Unfortunately I find that removing almost any type of band results in the removal of some hair strands as well, so I avoid using them. Either I need to find better bands or I need to work more carefully!

Have you tried cutting them off if they are those little clear elastics... I know it seems like a waste, but I got a pack of like 500 for $2-$3 at walmart...  ^.^

Ah, now that I hadn't thought of. I'll be stopping by the supermarket today and I'll check the hair accessories to see if I can find any. Customers will no doubt be wondering what a man is doing looking as such things, but I'll be discreet!

My husband goes into the accessory aisle all the time... although he does have 2 daughters as an excuse...  :P  Lol

I can use that excuse too! Only I have about sixty daughters, and they're all under a foot high. Imagine what people would say when I told them THAT!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 08:59:41 AM »

I can use that excuse too! Only I have about sixty daughters, and they're all under a foot high. Imagine what people would say when I told them THAT!

I can only imagine!! Oh to be a fly on the wall in that conversation :) The look on their face... PRICELESS!!

I carried a child for another couple after I had my own 2 children (ended up with my youngest by freak accident... so I have a total of 3)... I was at walmart and she saw how exhausted I was because I was approximately 6-7 months pregnant with my surro kiddo... And my 2 were NOT making it easy on me... So once I got them in the cart this is how our conversation went...

Me: Thanks! I get so tired these days...

Lady: Oh it gets better, I have 5

Me: Ah, well I think I will stick with my 2....

Lady: Isnt it a little late for that?

Me: Oh this? (points to bulging tummy) She's not mine...

Lady: .........

Me: Its ok, its not my husbands either

Lady: ..............(practically sprints in the other direction)

Me: Im a surrogate....  (as she is walking off completely ignoring me)

Her face was priceless... it was a mixture of WTF? and This lady is crazy!!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
OMG, that's too funny. Although she was quite rude about it! Some people are so close-minded and don't have an ounce of curiosity in them!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
What do you use for hair ties?
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
ETA: I picked up a bunch of plastic hair ties in neon colors at the supermarket. They come in three sizes and are wonderfully easy to use!

Cleo is wearing the smallest size and holding the largest. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
Claire's has a section for little kids that has a ton of little barrettes and things for babies/small children:)

I've made hair ties with skinny beaded elastic: slide on two beads and knot the ends. Make a knot in the middle making sure a bead is on each end. Voila, looks like those old hairbobs from when I was a kid! I use them for dolls with really long hair.

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
I made it to a Dollar Tree today and came away with two packages of little clippies, one package of 500 clear plastic rubberbands, and one package of little barrett type things similar to the bat clip that comes with the vampire CAM.  LOL  I think I'm set now.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal