collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 14023 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »

All the teenage scenario's I've witnessed over the years in cartoons and/or tv programs eventually deal with things like dating/boyfriends/proms/drugs/bullying/sex, etc. etc. Nothing wrong with having good stories about those subjects just saying that is the reality.

Oh, no, I'm not saying such shows are bad, just that they're not my cup of tea! I apologize if I came off as if talking down about teen dramas.

Oh no, I never meant to imply you said anything wrong, just sort of discussing what they(hasbro) mean by teen/adult. No, never thought you said anything wrong at all :) Just more wondering at they're concept and where they are going with this new program idea.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
Okay- so this is the new updated photo of the equestria girls?  So they are not in fact, human, but they have ears and wings and things (possibly tails ?)  That doesn't make a lot of sense if they were transformed to humans to come to the human world and go to human high school?  Guess it doesn't matter.  I am wondering how these will translate to dolls-  pretty disappointed with the outfits, but they might not actually look like that...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2013, 05:26:37 PM »
I don't find them really appealing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »
They don't have tails. Their hair is made long to also represent their tails. This way Hasbro gets the 'get out of jail' free card on trying to figure out how to attach a 'haired' tail to a doll body.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »
I don't really like the idea of humanizing ponies and I really hate this concept art so far. My 5 year old daughter doesn't like them either. Maybe they'll look better as dolls, time will tell. As far as competing with MH, I don't think they have a chance. MH are so detailed and edgy, these are totally boring and I don't see how they could possibly appeal to teens or even tweens. They look to me like something the younger aged girls could be interested in. 

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »
The problem that I have with this whole thing is that, it's no longer My Little Pony.  This is My Little...People.  I am, frankly, disappointed by this decision to make this line.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:33:38 PM by Pinkie21 »

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
Bleh, those human designs are really generic looking. I really dislike how they changed Pinkie, Dash, and AJ's eyes, looks like they were trying to make them "sexier" or something. Also having them all in near identical clothes (super short skirts and knee high...boots? Shoes? What even are some of those) irks me as well.

Not to mention its just a really stupid concept to revolve an entire show around. I mean, I could see just an hour long special or something, but an entire series? Part of me thinks their trying to cash in on the Monster High craze or something.

Babushka

« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »
:toot:

And now I'm going to walk away. 

:lmao:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »
Seems to me like a remake of Mew Mew Power

Now that you mention it... you're right. It's like Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, but in reverse! In stead of going from human to animals, their animals turning into humans. Now if the EG have super powers they use to save the world like the Mew Mews do... THEN I might watch it.

sailorstitch

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really indifferent to this, haha. xD I figure if it's good, it's good! I'll watch it, if i like it then yay, if I don't, then.. I don't watch it. :P It's a "spinoff" after all, which means it has no effect towards the original.. it's something else entirely.

I mean, worst case, if it's bad, we can all ignore it and go back to watching the ponies we like. c: no sense in wasting time on hating it. If it's really bad, then it'll flop, and it'll go away. xD

I guess i'm just saying I don't understand some of the "omg nooooo this is awful they ruined ponies forever" reactions. xD I mean, I'd prefer them stay ponies, but they could've done something worse - they could have taken the main show and changed it. Season 4 could have been the ponies changing into humans... now that might bother me a bit. But this thing here is just a spinoff. c:

It's like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. That was a spinoff from the original Pokemon games... and a lot of people didn't like it because "omg noooo the pokemon talk that's WRONG". But it actually wasn't that bad, and it didn't change anything about the original games. Pokemon went on with Diamond/Pearl, no bad changes there, while Pokemon Mystery Dungeon went its own separate way. I feel like this "Equestria Girls" thing will end similarly.
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2013, 08:22:11 AM »
Seems to me like a remake of Mew Mew Power

Now that you mention it... you're right. It's like Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, but in reverse! In stead of going from human to animals, their animals turning into humans. Now if the EG have super powers they use to save the world like the Mew Mews do... THEN I might watch it.

sailorstitch

^This. I love Tokyo Mew Mew! *points to avitar* lol

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
I wouldn't get too worked up about it- it won't have anything to do with the MLP cartoon or toys-  just an off-shoot.   I figure if the toys come out cute, then yay! If they look stupid- it won't be that hard to ignore them.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
I like the art. I want a doll. I'm just sad about them making humans to celebrate 30 years of ponies :(

CottonTALE

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2013, 11:03:02 AM »
I'll be happy if they go with a Blythe-style look to it (like the Neo-blythes.)

Hasbro does own the Blythe line now, so it's not a bad outlook onto it.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »
I'll be happy if they go with a Blythe-style look to it (like the Neo-blythes.)

Hasbro does own the Blythe line now, so it's not a bad outlook onto it.

That seems like a reasonable possibility!  Whatever they do- I am curious as to the outcome.  Wonder when we'll see them?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal