collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So how many members here dislike the g4 line?  (Read 9117 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So how many members here dislike the g4 line?
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 01:53:50 AM »
I can't say I hate the toyline: I like some of the ponies and I think their overall designs are really cute. However, I think Hasbro could show a little more effort with this one. For one I really don't like the fact that they still go on with the same shtick of re-releasing toys based on the Mane 6 in every wave that hits the store. I get it that they're the main characters of the show and that they're the most popular ones, but really, how many (for example) Pinkie Pie toys can we have??

They're repeating the same mistakes they did when the "Transformers" toys based on the Michael Bay film hit the stores: we got gagillion Bumblebee figures and only a few of other characters.

Also, I really don't like how they went with the same static pose on each and every one of the ponies they released. Prior to G4, nearly all the generations of ponies had a bunch of interesting, varied poses. And then G4 has like one or two. Same thing with playsets: Hasbro really went lazy with these ones. There are of course some exceptions to this like Pinkie Pie's train and Applejack's truck, but half the time, the sets, like the wedding castle and Applejack's barn look like some sort of carboard cutouts and they also feel kinda cheap.

Just take a look at the G3 playsets and how big and colorfull some of them are - and this was only a few years ago. What happened?

Again, I'm not saying that the line in it's entirety is horrible, because it's not: the brushables look cute in their own right, the pony friends (those teeny-tiny animals) look adorable and the blindbags are pretty nifty. I only wish that Hasbro took their chances and explore the potential this line holds much better.

As for the show, I really like it. I could probably say a few things about it, that I don't really like, but that's a story for another time.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 02:58:39 AM »
Right everyone reign it in please.

I completely agree, this thread was becoming a bit unstable!  I was about getting ready to hoof it, but I'm sure everyone can saw back on the reigns and return to a civil tone.   There is no need to bridle at other people's opinions, so let's not get long in the face.  I don't think there's any point in changing the original post, that would be closing the barn door after the horse has . . . yeah.

Quoting for hilarity.

Oh, thank goodness.  I was beginning to think I'd been too subtle.  :P

I dont believe in subtly...

When we are in this kind of hot tempered neigh-bourhood, its always nice for people to just hold their horses and remember we are just talking about toys here. Wild horses may not be able to drag some of us to liking certain generations but that's because we all have personal tastes. Getting off our individual high horses and appreciating we are all different and we all have different opinions is what makes this forum so calm and fun to horse around in.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 03:40:11 AM »
I wouldn't be here at all if not for G4 and I wouldn't have met any of you. That's good enough for me and that's all that I need to know. :)

I'm so glad they brought you here! :tackleglomp:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 07:49:19 AM »
Right everyone reign it in please.

I completely agree, this thread was becoming a bit unstable!  I was about getting ready to hoof it, but I'm sure everyone can saw back on the reigns and return to a civil tone.   There is no need to bridle at other people's opinions, so let's not get long in the face.  I don't think there's any point in changing the original post, that would be closing the barn door after the horse has . . . yeah.

Quoting for hilarity.

Oh, thank goodness.  I was beginning to think I'd been too subtle.  :P

I dont believe in subtly...

When we are in this kind of hot tempered neigh-bourhood, its always nice for people to just hold their horses and remember we are just talking about toys here. Wild horses may not be able to drag some of us to liking certain generations but that's because we all have personal tastes. Getting off our individual high horses and appreciating we are all different and we all have different opinions is what makes this forum so calm and fun to horse around in.
Enough horsing around, the mane idea is to not repeat the mistakes of others and drag our tails though the mud.  Learn to appreciate the differences, chose to not post something when you are feeling a bit off your stride and the whole world shall be your apple to nibble on.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »
Actually, I find this thread a huge relief. I personally hate anything related to G4 with all my heart, and I seriously seem to be the only one. Even people who don't like them say "They're cute, but..." I don't find them cute at all, I really hate them.

To be perfectly honest, negativity isn't always bad, I don't like how "hating" has become a forbidden word around here. You're allowed to hate something. If there are people here who hate G1, do you really think I will feel like you attack me personally? Come on.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Wind_Whistler

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
Actually, I find this thread a huge relief. I personally hate anything related to G4 with all my heart, and I seriously seem to be the only one. Even people who don't like them say "They're cute, but..." I don't find them cute at all, I really hate them.

To be perfectly honest, negativity isn't always bad, I don't like how "hating" has become a forbidden word around here. You're allowed to hate something. If there are people here who hate G1, do you really think I will feel like you attack me personally? Come on.

I know right, suddenly I feel like I'm in kindergarten or primary school? I'm a bad person for making a "personal dig" lol like I ever would.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »
I like the line (I owe my pony love to it!) , but I dislike what Hasbro is doing with it   :(

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
Well, everybody has their own  opinion and its good to talk about it :) To answer this thread isnt easy at all though.

I collect G4 and I like them and their TV-series (not as much as G1 though, which will always be the true MLP for me <3). But sometimes I think, its all a bit too much noise and strange stuff happening around that toyline, which sometimes takes the fun off it. People screaming things like 'If they ever stop the series, Ill kill myself!!' [edit for content] or those tons of sick, disgusting and / or vulgar G4-fanfics and pictures and more like that ... that all did not happen to this extent while the earlier generations where up-to-date. It is sometimes just making me sad what is happening with cute little toy ponies. I think, I am sometimes just very sensitive on things like that and I dont enjoy to see the ponies being involved in adult stuff and such. No offense to anybody :) Everybody has the right on their own opinion, thats for sure. But its me, and I dont like it.

On the other hand, if I just try to see all good things in it, I really enjoy the G4 and their series with all its funny jokes and the cute sense of humor. I enjoy having fun with my ponies and G4 are just ponies too. They will never ever take the place of the G1 in my heart, but I admit that I do like them. Though I sometimes ask myself, why do I like ponies that arent really looking like horses anymore at all, lol.

[content edit ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:17:55 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Wind_Whistler

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
Hm... I collect G4 and I like them and their TV-series (not as much as G1 though, which will always be the true MLP for me <3). But sometimes I think, its all a bit too much noise and strange stuff happening around that toyline, which sometimes takes the fun off it. I mean,... people screaming things like 'If they ever stop the series, Ill kill myself!!' [edit for content] or those tons of sick, disgusting and / or vulgar G4-fanfics and more like that ... that all did not happen to this extent while the earlier generations where up-to-date. It is sometimes just making me sad and I wish they havent made the G4 at all.
But on the other hand, if I just try to see the good thing in it, I really enjoy the G4 and their series with all its funny jokes and the cute sense of humor. I enjoy having fun with my ponies and G4 are just ponies too. They will never ever take the place of the G1 in my heart, but I admit that I do like them.

yeah people are twisted, I think most of that vile behaviour just comes from teenagers trolling the show, and its a sign of the times, why does everything have to have a sexual connotation these days? Especially a child's toy, it makes me soooo angry!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:26:10 PM by hathorcat »

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »
^ I don't understand this sort of complaint, mature fan content happened before, the main reason it's on a larger scale now is because there are a lot more fans making their own content. Of course it's going to pop up more often, and of course it will be more visible as a result...

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2013, 10:18:45 AM »
Hm... I collect G4 and I like them and their TV-series (not as much as G1 though, which will always be the true MLP for me <3). But sometimes I think, its all a bit too much noise and strange stuff happening around that toyline, which sometimes takes the fun off it. I mean,... people screaming things like 'If they ever stop the series, Ill kill myself!!' [edit for content] or those tons of sick, disgusting and / or vulgar G4-fanfics and more like that ... that all did not happen to this extent while the earlier generations where up-to-date. It is sometimes just making me sad and I wish they havent made the G4 at all.
But on the other hand, if I just try to see the good thing in it, I really enjoy the G4 and their series with all its funny jokes and the cute sense of humor. I enjoy having fun with my ponies and G4 are just ponies too. They will never ever take the place of the G1 in my heart, but I admit that I do like them.

yeah people are twisted, I think most of that vile behaviour just comes from teenagers trolling the show, and its a sign of the times, why does everything have to have a sexual connotation these days? Especially a child's toy, it makes me soooo angry!

Tell me about it. I just had an ID change a few days ago because the Bronies had apparently turned a word in my name into something dirty. In case people are wondering, I was GoldenClopper.

I like how my friends describe the G4s. They call them "elf ponies", and seems rightly so!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:28:30 PM by hathorcat »

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
Tell me about it. I just had an ID change a few days ago because the Bronies had apparently turned a word in my name into something dirty. In case people are wondering, I was GoldenClopper.

Now that is just sad..  :nope:
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2013, 12:33:24 PM »
*sigh*

Congratulations for stopping throwing things at one another...major fail for now starting conversations which are clearly not Arena appropriate and which also start that age old "us v them" nonsense.

This is quite simply the last warning and the only reason the thread is getting this third chance is because the warning is for something different than the first warning.

I have complete faith in us all as a collecting community that we can get this thread back on track.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2013, 12:39:20 PM »
I really would like it if the g4 line had more pose variations, speaking of a common reason to hate the line. I mean, the Cherry Berry I got today is super cute, but she feels like a palette swap of the other toys. Which, admittedly, doesn't bother me that much (I mean, I love dollmakers and that's all they are and each one feels unique), but the g1 line had such variation I could even pretend they were different breeds.

...*brushes Cherry Berry's hair*
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »

cause I love all my little pony :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal