collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony photo library?  (Read 370 times)

Glitch

• Trade Count: (0)
Pony photo library?
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »
Is there such a thing? Cuz there should be. Being someone who doesn't collect MLP but would totally buy them anyways if I saw them at a thrift store a gallery would be very helpful. And if there isn't one I'm totally making one...

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: Pony photo library?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
Try strawberryreef.  :)

Glitch

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:43 PM »
I wonder if maybe they had an old site too.....cuz i swear i went to that once and i thought it sucked and was very unhelpful but thats actually awesome. Way better than any others I've found. Too bad the price guide isn't complete I'm definitely using it in the future. The more I look at ponys the more I'm worried I'll start collecting and get addicted O_O and theres so many other things I want to collect... I don't want them to take over my house or take all my money lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:46:15 PM by Glitch »

Offline Spectrum

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
I wonder if maybe they had an old site too.....cuz i swear i went to that once and i thought it sucked and was very unhelpful but thats actually awesome. Way better than any others I've found. Too bad the price guide isn't complete I'm definitely using it in the future. The more I look at ponys the more I'm worried I'll start collecting and get addicted O_O and theres so many other things I want to collect... I don't want them to take over my house or take all my money lol
Heh, they've already taken over my house! I went from a G4 only pony person, to a strict G3 and G1 only person, with a few exceptions. XD

But personally, StrawberryReef's price guide is now a teeny bit inaccurate, I don't think it's been updated in a while.

Glitch

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »

Heh, they've already taken over my house! I went from a G4 only pony person, to a strict G3 and G1 only person, with a few exceptions. XD

But personally, StrawberryReef's price guide is now a teeny bit inaccurate, I don't think it's been updated in a while.
The G1 babys are really growing on me. I wish there was an accurate up to date price guide somewhere lol but that would be alot of work for whoever was running it. I just don't really know anything about MLP collecting and don't want to get ripped off if and when I buy a couple.

Offline Spectrum

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »

The G1 babys are really growing on me. I wish there was an accurate up to date price guide somewhere lol but that would be alot of work for whoever was running it. I just don't really know anything about MLP collecting and don't want to get ripped off if and when I buy a couple.
Ended ebay auctions are a great place to start  ;) Most US babies aren't too expensive, most under the 100 dollar range. Though, completing sets are a whole different story. xD (TAF babies anyone..?  :yikes:)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:16 PM »
The arena is also a great place for advice on pricing. Its hard to keep an accurate price guide since they tend to change a lot an can vary a lot depending on the collector.

Most U.S. babies are very reasonably priced ($5 - $20). Especially the earlier sets.

Good luck starting your collection :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »
I love strawberryreef-

I agree that completed auctions are a good place to start for price checks, (particularly the "sold" auctions category they have now) since the prices for ponies seems to fluctuate so much. 

Or if you were interested in a specific pony, you could ask on the arena since there seem to be so many experts around here who seem to know what's up at any given time...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 05:52:47 AM »
Bluerose runs a G1 price guide http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/

And elish has a G3 price guide on the Wiki http://mylittlewiki.org/w/Checklist.pdf

Not to mention an ended auction search on ebay or you can always post here and ask for prices, as Galatica says plenty of people here are always happy to offer their opinions on price.

Pony prices are always up and down so keeping things up to date on every single pony is impossible unless you were doing it as a full time job but the sites mentioned above are a good starting point.

As for a photo gallery, there are so many websites out there for G1.

www.mylittlewiki.org
www.ponylandpress.com
www.mlpland.com
www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley
www.ponylandtours.com

And many more for the other generations as well as sites over and above those listed above.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal