collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tracking number?  (Read 364 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Tracking number?
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »
I recently ordered something from Australia. It was shipped out ten days ago, and tracking is still showing nothing for me. I was just curious if this was normal for things being shipped internationally?

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking number?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I'm in the USA and expecting a parcel from Russia that was set on the 4th of feb and it hasn't tracked over here at all, only on the sellers side while it was still in Russia.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
I don't know anything about Australia post, but it probably depends on what kind of service they sent the package from. You could always ask your seller to double check the customs number?

Although my fiance just told me a recent story about how he sent something EMS to Australia, and the day it said scanned in Chicago it actually arrived in Australia. So things can be laggy with the system.

But I do know that Russia post is pretty slow. Things take their sweet time to get through customs... (EX. It took my EMS package 10 days from actually arriving in Russia, to finally being scanned in customs... )

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »
If it has tracking, it should have updated by now on the Australia post tracking site, which will track it until it leaves Australia. Where are you checking the tracking number?
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Spectrum

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
If it has tracking, it should have updated by now on the Australia post tracking site, which will track it until it leaves Australia. Where are you checking the tracking number?

I'm checking it on http://auspost.com.au now instead of eBay. It tells me it's been accepted by the Australia Post, but other than that, nothing.

It's quite a big package, (a pj plush stuffed. it costed 50 dollars to ship it here!) would that have anything to do with it?

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:05:19 AM »
Unless they used Priority/EMS it's very common for the tracking to not update after a certain point, if at all (I order from Japan a lot and usually either get nothing after it leaves Japan or after it's entered my country. I don't even get an update when it's delivered, but ll my packages have been fine). I'm sure it's just fine, and that it's just that it's not yet been scanned :) How long did the seller say it would take to arrive?
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline garnetfirebird

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »
It's completely normal with most international shipping to get little to no updates on tracking numbers. The post offices of different countries have unlinked tracking systems and databases. Linking the systems of all those independently run offices would be insanely complicated and expensive. Many times the number you get isn't even a tracking number but rather a customs number. The tracking services you get before the package leaves the origin country will vary greatly by country and shipping service (Priority vs. Express vs. Global Express Guaranteed).

Private carriers like UPS and FedEx can offer international tracking because the same parent company manages operations in all of the countries served. They don't have the disconnect that the post office has. It's also part of why they tend to be more expensive.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 09:54:13 AM »
Have you tried tracking it with the USPS webpage instead? :) Sometimes the destination country's webpage for tracking works better.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Spectrum

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
Alright, thanks guys! It said from 9 - 18 business days, it's only been 11 so maybe I'm being a teenyyy bit impatient  ;) I'll just sit tight!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal