collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Kimono/Pattern (Now available!)  (Read 1272 times)

DGRequiem

• Trade Count: (0)
MH Kimono/Pattern (Now available!)
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »
Since I've been doing a bit more MH sewing than I'd like lately (they are so TINY!) I have been debating the lack-of-mh-patterns out there.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Monster High Kimono by RequiemArt.com, on Flickr

This is my latest project.  I adapted a pattern I made for pullips to suit MH dolls... how many people sew for their dolls?  Are interested in sewing for them?  If enough people are actually interested in using patterns I may draft some more.  Anyway, I'm going to make a blog article about patterns and to try and gauge the amount of interest in and what type of clothes people would be interested in for MH dolls. 

After I wake up.  Because the arena is telling me to go to bed.

Anyway, check in a few hours at www.requiemart.com.  If enough people are interested, I'll put together/post the pattern and instructions for the kimono and maybe put together a list of basics to get to work on.

EDIT 4/18: Got the final revision approval from the last person I sent the pattern to, so it is now on Etsy for $2 (no shipping).  Not exactly free, but still pretty darn close to free.  I spent like 15 hours on this thing.  I'll be surprised if I end up making $1/hour in the end, but if I am going to make more patterns, I would like to see SOME kind of return  ^^;
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:34:23 AM by DGRequiem »

Foxy_Ninja

Re: MH Kimono/Pattern question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:45:24 PM »
My Mio and Isabella are Ghost Queen and Princess of the Japanese Empire so kimonos are perfect.

Dorriebelle

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
Cool ! I sew, too, and finished two patterns - a dress (shown below) and a halter top - recently, and I'm
still fine-tuning a body/swim suit one. I'd love to see how you post patterns, 'cause I'd love to share mine
(for freebies, of course !) if anyone wants, but I wasn't sure how to keep them in scale for MH sewist's downloads.
Any info on that would be much appreciated.

New dress (third trial's the charm !) - >

I did a kimono pattern, too, and it came out really nice. I just don't know if I wrote down the directions or not !

MH dolls look sooo good in kimono...(happy sigh at seeing how lovely yours is, DGRequiem !)

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:06 AM »
I would be interested! I have some cute fabric swatches that are begging to be put to use. :)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
I also sew for my dolls, but not as frequently as I would like. It's a big production to set up a sewing area. It's hard to make time for it. I basically have two days to really focus on sewing, but then I have to pack everything up for the rest of the week. Hopefully rearanging the apartment this week will free up some space.

I would love the pattern though! I collect MH patterns :) I have a pattern I made for the ST Clawdeen cloak. A miniskirt. A larger more fancy cloak. I'm still working on perfecting the larger cloak though. Info on the cloak can be found here: http://maniahryu.tumblr.com/post/40172926399/i-am-currently-working-on-a-cloak-pattern-based

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:58:25 AM »
i'd love to be sewing for my dolls , but alas no machine!!  i really need to buy one.  that said,  i love your kimono!! so pretty .. I'd love to have patterns available in the future, ifi ever get time to sew and $$ for a machine.

DGRequiem

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 02:35:28 AM »
http://requiemart.com/blog/2013/02/28/monster-high-who-needs-patterns/

Dorriebelle- For the pattern I just made, I took the image of the pattern and put it into a PDF file with the instructions.  It prints out perfect scale that way.

mistic_imp- No need for a machine!  Even if you get one, due to the small, trickiness of doll clothes, you'll still spend a good amount of time hand sewing.  I spent about an hour and a half machine sewing, and then an hour and a half hand sewing  that kimono last night ^^;

PrincessKnight

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 02:50:17 AM »
That kimono is beautiful! I'd love to get around to making more MH clothes. But UGH, sewing tiny things is exhausting.

But I'd certainly welcome more MH patterns, bring 'em on!

MHgal

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
I would be thrilled to have a Kimono pattern for my MH girls. I just made 2 (Affordable Designs by Denis Bastien) for my 12 inch fashion dolls recently. I love to sew for my gals! AND guys.... :)

Please let me know how to go about getting the pattern, it would be very appreciated.

What a wonderful idea, thank you for the thought!!!

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
Wow looks much better then the one I did. :)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »
I would... I've been sewing a little for them. And any help is always helpful :)

jeapos88

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
I would welcome any patterns, I'm trying to make a skirt, but I can't get it to fit properly :huh:

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
Yes!  Patterns!  Please! :)

Ghoulia looks fantastic in that kimono, Requiem.

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »
I'd love patterns for my dolls! Could you possibly make some Howleen sized ones?

DGRequiem

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 01:51:51 PM »
Ok, it sounds like that the most useful thing right now would be basics. 

Cynosure- no, not yet.  Probably not for a while.  I generally value my time by "amount of time people spend getting use out of it vs amount of time I spend putting into it" and I think the biggest return would be on most-used patterns.  So far, Howleen's body is only on one doll, and she's only had 2 releases.  It would be like making clothes for Nefera--awesome, but really, really small amount of use. 

However, since the bodies have the same proportions, it wouldn't be very hard to scale up/down the patterns for the regular sized dolls to the XL and S sizes, once they're already made. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:53:24 PM by DGRequiem »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal