collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Ebay policies  (Read 513 times)

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
New Ebay policies
« on: February 24, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »
I got an email from ebay regarding an updates to their user agreement, privacy policy and buyer protection policy (there is NO seller protection policy included!) Thought you'd all would be interested in reading this. Any bolding below is mine.

Key updates to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy:
Communications between buyers and sellers. We are making changes to allow buyers and sellers to communicate more efficiently about transaction issues. A buyer must first contact a seller via the Resolution Center and wait a reasonable amount of time as specified in the Resolution Center before asking eBay to review and resolve the issue. Communications from buyers for item not received and significantly not as described transactions will be centralized and presented in the Resolution Center to help facilitate an efficient resolution.

Updates relating to seller's performance ratings. Opened cases will no longer count against a seller's performance rating. Only unresolved eligible cases that are escalated to eBay for a decision may count against a seller's performance rating.

Provisions relating to PayPal accounts. We have updated the Policy to reflect our ability to remove funds from a seller's PayPal account in a currency other than the currency of the transaction at issue where the seller does not have sufficient funds available in the transaction currency.

I found the last one interesting, as it means if you have, for example, both US Dollars AND British Pounds in your account, and you don't have enough US money in your account for a refund, they're going to take it out of your British pounds total.

Thoughts? I thought things were supposed to get better in February on Ebay, not worse!
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: New Ebay policies
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
I just got one yesterday too.  I have not had a great deal of time to go over it yet.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, didn't get any mail (never do?!) regarding this.

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
A buyer must first contact a seller via the Resolution Center and wait a reasonable amount of time as specified in the Resolution Center before asking eBay to review and resolve the issue. Communications from buyers for item not received and significantly not as described transactions will be centralized and presented in the Resolution Center to help facilitate an efficient resolution.

don't you have to wait 4 days anyways? As a seller you have to wait 4 days before opeing up a dispute and then you have to give the buyer 4 days before you can close the dispute.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the eBay postage calculator doesn't work for Standard Mail USPS?

Also, apparently sellers cannot list the word "new" in auction titles, even when the context is clearly not "new" as in "mint".  ("Vintage and newer He-Man figures" will not equal "brand new item" in anyone's mind, eBay!  Gah!)

Everything is so MICROMANAGED there.  I pray that an eBay competitor emerges.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »
WOW!!! Ebay is going to be my last place to sell things. :(

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the eBay postage calculator doesn't work for Standard Mail USPS?

Also, apparently sellers cannot list the word "new" in auction titles, even when the context is clearly not "new" as in "mint".  ("Vintage and newer He-Man figures" will not equal "brand new item" in anyone's mind, eBay!  Gah!)

Everything is so MICROMANAGED there.  I pray that an eBay competitor emerges.

Been waiting for this for years! But I guess since people won't stop selling there and seem to enjoy being treated like trash, I guess one will not be forthcoming!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 02:01:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, didn't get any mail (never do?!) regarding this.

Sometimes we dont get our updates at the same time as US ebayers - that could be the case with this, or sometimes things work a bit differently on other international ebay sites.  I'll go take a look on mine and see if there's anything about new policy updates  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal