collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone here from France or Japan?  (Read 816 times)

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
Anyone here from France or Japan?
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
So... I'm a big foodie and I heart and I don't just mean heart... I mean I bleepin HEART, pastries!! I'm not traveling to France or Jp anytime soon but it is on my list of places to go. Guys and gals, please enlighten me with some of the yum yummie delicious, scrumptious, delectable, soft and delicate pastries you have in your countries! If I can't eat them, I can drool about them right? :9

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anyone here from France or Japan?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
I'm rather certain we have members from both. Hopefully they'll stop by soon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »
i lived in Japan for several years. and my friends frequented the Bakeries, but i can't eat wheat or gluten, so i have no first hand experience. but oh they smelled good and were super pretty.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
What kind of pasteries are we talking about?  My brothers been to Japan and his girlfrind is currently visiting us--she goes back to Japan in a few weeks.

If I had a bit more info I could always ask :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »
What kind of pasteries are we talking about?  My brothers been to Japan and his girlfrind is currently visiting us--she goes back to Japan in a few weeks.

If I had a bit more info I could always ask :)

Anything and everything! :3 Hahaha, I sound like a fat kid behind the screen. Really close to 120 though. xD

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:09:24 PM »
As a big fan of Japanese culture, I am SO MUCH IN LUUUUV with red bean paste in bakery items! It's like my favorite filling in the whoooole wide world. ^.^

Here in the US, I sometimes find them in Asian food markets. AND THEN I BUY TONS. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

berylliumpone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »
As a big fan of Japanese culture, I am SO MUCH IN LUUUUV with red bean paste in bakery items! It's like my favorite filling in the whoooole wide world. ^.^

Here in the US, I sometimes find them in Asian food markets. AND THEN I BUY TONS. XD

Anpan... *drool* http://isys100group7.wikispaces.com/file/view/anpan1.jpg/295829572/490x315/anpan1.jpg

I haven't even been to a Japan, but I went to a Japanese camp where we mostly had Japanese meals for two weeks. Occassionally we got goodies like anpan and
 melonpan. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Melonpan.jpg/300px-Melonpan.jpg

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »
Aw! Those things are like moon cakes! I think its funny how a lot of Asian cultures have the same kind of desert but in a different name. XD

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »
My fiance is French, so we visit France fairly frequently.  I have had lots of pastries and love them all.  Some good ones are: macaron, eclair (chocolate, coffee, and vanilla!), religieuse, mille feuille, profiteroles, pain au chocolat, tarte au citron, tarte aux poire, galette des rois, canele, ....

Basically, they are all wonderful!  I had a really lovely one in Paris one time.  It was a pastry filled with hazelnut creme and covered with chocolate.

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
My fiance is French, so we visit France fairly frequently.  I have had lots of pastries and love them all.  Some good ones are: macaron, eclair (chocolate, coffee, and vanilla!), religieuse, mille feuille, profiteroles, pain au chocolat, tarte au citron, tarte aux poire, galette des rois, canele, ....

Basically, they are all wonderful!  I had a really lovely one in Paris one time.  It was a pastry filled with hazelnut creme and covered with chocolate.

Sounds SO yummy! I bet your hub makes you the desserts too? :p If he does, you are a very lucky gal! Hahaha! I'll have to ask my mate about some of those desserts and pastry's! He's not French but comes from a creole background and has studied a bit about French culture.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »
I've tried pastries in both countries, and I can definitely vouch for French ones.  Holy goodness.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »
I've never been to France, but I visited Japan in 2007. :frolic:

I can't believe no one has mentioned mocchi (daifuku) yet! It's really doughy and you can put any sweet thing you want in it. Anko bean paste seems to be the most common. It sounds weird to put in desserts, but it's really common there also and makes a good change of pace if you aren't used to it.

There was also some kind of doughy thing that I got from a street vendor in Tajimi, but I can't remember what it was called. They were white, green, and pink balls of dough on a wooden skewer. Pink was sakura, green was green tea, and I forget what white was. I think they were called something like... do-dan-go?

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »

Sounds SO yummy! I bet your hub makes you the desserts too? :p If he does, you are a very lucky gal! Hahaha! I'll have to ask my mate about some of those desserts and pastry's! He's not French but comes from a creole background and has studied a bit about French culture.

Alas, my fiance doesn't cook, but I do, and he has inspired me to get into French cooking.  I now make a mean Coq au vin and a lovely salmon with Champagne sauce.  Less talented in the baking area, but we have a lovely French bakery about 45 minutes from our house which is so good that even my fiance doesn't complain that it's not as good as Paris LOL

berylliumpone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 08:33:33 AM »
There was also some kind of doughy thing that I got from a street vendor in Tajimi, but I can't remember what it was called. They were white, green, and pink balls of dough on a wooden skewer. Pink was sakura, green was green tea, and I forget what white was. I think they were called something like... do-dan-go?

Dango. :) I've never had it, but I've heard about it.
 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Hanami_Dango.jpg

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »

Dango. :) I've never had it, but I've heard about it.
 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Hanami_Dango.jpg

Yes! That's it, that's exactly it. I was there during the cherry blossom festival, so there were lots of events and lots of vendors for street food. My host family was awesome about letting me try it all. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal