collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35647 times)

aroa678

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1185 on: March 13, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »
I saw an awesome scorpion girl before, her name was Vesubia and she was purple:

http://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/item.php?it_id=1249033324

Post Merge: March 13, 2013, 05:24:01 PM

I saw an awesome scorpion girl before, her name was Vesubia and she was purple:

http://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/item.php?it_id=1249033324

I wish Gigi looks more dangerous...

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 13, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »
Yeah... it's interesting that they are playing it SO safe with Gigi. Yes, she has plating, but it's pretty subtle from what we can see, and the rest of her is pretty... tame to say the least. And I have nothing against pink, but can we PLEASE get some different colours? I would have loved to see a tan/sand coloured genie! Or red! Or really anything other than pale pink... again. Hell, hot pink would have been fine!

A real tail also sounds AWESOME. (Though I can understand why they might not be marketing that to kids)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 13, 2013, 06:08:18 PM »
..just imagine how awesome she'll be once you add a scorpion-tail from PlasticCurves! *totally what I'm planning* :>

Haha- me too-  I ordered one as soon as she was announced and it appeared that she was going to have a scorpion theme without a tail...

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 13, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
Galactica : HIGH FIVES!! ^^

Yeah... it's interesting that they are playing it SO safe with Gigi. Yes, she has plating, but it's pretty subtle from what we can see, and the rest of her is pretty... tame to say the least. And I have nothing against pink, but can we PLEASE get some different colours? I would have loved to see a tan/sand coloured genie! Or red! Or really anything other than pale pink... again. Hell, hot pink would have been fine!

A real tail also sounds AWESOME. (Though I can understand why they might not be marketing that to kids)

Indeed. I'd love her in sandyellow!! *v*
I've been kinda planning to add that tail to her ever since she was annonced/ confirmed to have plating&claws. So that's how she's in my head already.. If I now take that tail off my future Gigi...... I can totally see why y'all complaining. LOL.

But isn't Lala the one that sells best out of them? So it's probably the market forcing them to make more pink/tame character designs. Sigh. BIG SIGH!

Oh well.. as long as there are ghouls like Jina every once in a while.. and as long as I can mod dolls like Gigi to look more monster-y, I guess I'm fine. :|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »
Galactica : HIGH FIVES!! ^^

Indeed. I'd love her in sandyellow!! *v*
I've been kinda planning to add that tail to her ever since she was annonced/ confirmed to have plating&claws. So that's how she's in my head already.. If I now take that tail off my future Gigi...... I can totally see why y'all complaining. LOL.

But isn't Lala the one that sells best out of them? So it's probably the market forcing them to make more pink/tame character designs. Sigh. BIG SIGH!

Oh well.. as long as there are ghouls like Jina every once in a while.. and as long as I can mod dolls like Gigi to look more monster-y, I guess I'm fine. :|

I think she would have been better in any color of yellow or tan if she is supposed to be a desert scorpion-  but I am sure that you are correct in thinking that marketing dictated her color more than anything else...

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1190 on: March 13, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
I believe the two best sellers are indeed Drauclaura followed by certain Clawdeens.  I know when I see little girls looking for MH they're almost always looking for Draculaura.  It's their mums that seem to be looking for the more unique characters like Jina and Skelita.

I get that, I think Draculaura is adorable and little kids are their first and primary market. It's just as an adult collector I have enough Ulas so of course I want more variety for myself.  I'm happy that MH caters to older fans and collectors as much as they do. 

I don't mind GiGi being pink as long as it means we get new characters like Heath and Scarah.  That's a good trade-off for me although I understand that she may be a disappointment for some.  I have to say that I love her dimpled chin, she's very cute!  And I like the new CAM sets too although my blob girl may be trying on the helmet hair hats first.. :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1191 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »
I don't mind GiGi being pink as long as it means we get new characters like Heath and Scarah.  That's a good trade-off for me although I understand that she may be a disappointment for some.  I have to say that I love her dimpled chin, she's very cute!

^ THIS! Nice way to put it! We get fan favorites, and little girls get to keep their pink :)

I haven't seen a good enough photo of Gigi's skin to see her scaling that numerous people have mentioned. Does anyone have a good photo that shows this?

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
So I went to see if that German site with the pre-orders for the new two packs had a picture up of the Heath and Abbey pack yet but the page was taken down :( However, there are pre-orders for the GNO dolls with a date of this July, the CMC sets we just saw pictures in September, and PD Lagoona and Frankie in April. Not sure if this was mentioned before but the site says the Cleo and Ghoulia pack will be in August.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 13, 2013, 08:16:01 PM »
So I went to see if that German site with the pre-orders for the new two packs had a picture up of the Heath and Abbey pack yet but the page was taken down :( However, there are pre-orders for the GNO dolls with a date of this July, the CMC sets we just saw pictures in September, and PD Lagoona and Frankie in April. Not sure if this was mentioned before but the site says the Cleo and Ghoulia pack will be in August.

Ge.. german site? OvO
Would you mind PM'ing me a link? :>

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 13, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
I think the cleft chin makes Gigi a lot cuter. But she is still to pink for me. I agree a more sandy color would have fit her better. But as long as Mattel keeps mixing dolls like Jinafire, Heath and Skelita in with the pink monsters I'm fine.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 13, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »

I haven't seen a good enough photo of Gigi's skin to see her scaling that numerous people have mentioned. Does anyone have a good photo that shows this?

Here's a really close-up image of Gigi's prototype that displays her exoskeleton plates the best so far. :)
http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/images/fae530f2da43fe44102c25bf7d32bf0ffe25971f/o.jpg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 13, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »
Cobalte- here's the topic I started awhile back about Saran Ghoulia
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319692.msg584153.html#msg584153
I think we came to the general agreement that although Saran Ghoulia would possibly be more valuable there are no distinct giveaways saying that she is in fact Saran. So to sell Ghoulia as a saran haired doll you would pretty much have to just trust the seller. I believe I have a saran and normal haired Ghoulia but once again, I don't have a way to tell 100% that one of them is saran. I feel a difference in the hair and one is made in China, one in Indonesia (which I think we determined didn't mean anything lol) and there's a difference in their lips (which only tells me which ones which). Beyond that, I'm not sure. I bought one nude so I can't compare clothing either. As far as I'm aware, its just in the hair, which doesn't say too much lol.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. Kinda a PITA that there's no other differences to tell the two apart, haha! I'd love to have a Saran Ghoulia one day, as Ghoulia is the first doll I got.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1197 on: March 14, 2013, 01:02:49 AM »
Is the freaky fab doll showcase very sought after? My toys r us had a few.

No.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 14, 2013, 06:32:39 AM »
Which stores sell the new swim dolls? I'm thinking about getting Lagoona or Draculaura but I want to see them in person first. I haven't seen them at Walmart or Target, so I'm guessing they're not sold there?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 14, 2013, 06:37:05 AM »
They're being sold only in smaller chain stores like Meijer, Kohls, Aldi, etc.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal