collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35650 times)

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #870 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
I always thought it was 'glass blocks the gaze' type of thing. kind of like Cyclops from X-men, but it doesn't have to be red crystal.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #871 on: March 07, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »
I always thought it was 'glass blocks the gaze' type of thing. kind of like Cyclops from X-men, but it doesn't have to be red crystal.
Could be. And since they didn't have sunglasses in Ancient Greece, we won't know if Perseus would've been able to look at Medusa if either he or she had been wearing some. ;)

Anyway, I just thought it was kind of ironic that Cleo would be picking Deuce for best eyes when he normally hides them behind dark glasses.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 07, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
Yeah, I guess. I wonder how that works - does glass block his stone gaze? I thought it was that the subject had to not be able to see his eyes - hence the really dark shades. Either that's not the case or Mattel just got a bit inconsistent.

My guess is that glass blocks his stone gaze. So long as there is something preventing his gaze from hitting anything, people can see his eyes. That's my headcanon though. XD I don't think Mattel has explained it very well.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 07, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
If they're just glass lenses, wouldn't it magnify the gaze's strength?? But since they're shaded, I guess that blocks/cancels out his gaze from beaming through.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 07, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »
If they're just glass lenses, wouldn't it magnify the gaze's strength?? But since they're shaded, I guess that blocks/cancels out his gaze from beaming through.

We don't know. Mattel hasn't given us any explanation. At least, none that I'm aware of so I could be wrong if there is. I'm just going to stick with my headcanon. XD
-Bow Tie

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 07, 2013, 02:49:02 PM »
Yeah, we're probably reading into this Wayyy more than we really need to. :P

....I wonder if it'd be possibly to have him wear shaded contact lenses. :lol:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 07, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
Does anyone have the code for the scaris 2 pack? I've called two toys r us and all they do is look at the website where of course it's not listed yet :)

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 07, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
Does anyone have the code for the scaris 2 pack? I've called two toys r us and all they do is look at the website where of course it's not listed yet :)

The UPC is 746775240714! :)
-Bow Tie

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 07, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »

Agreed! After all, we are talking about a show where the characters change their hair color and length every thirty seconds and NO ONE seems to notice or think it odd.

"Oh Clawdeen, you shaved off half of your hair and dyed it lavender? Lovely! Now it's a short green bob? Wow, that hair grew back fast! I guess being a werewolf with regenerative powers has its perks. Oh, lookit that; now it's long again! And brown. With dark purple highlights. Where DO you get all these weaves?"

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 07, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »

Agreed! After all, we are talking about a show where the characters change their hair color and length every thirty seconds and NO ONE seems to notice or think it odd.

"Oh Clawdeen, you shaved off half of your hair and dyed it lavender? Lovely! Now it's a short green bob? Wow, that hair grew back fast! I guess being a werewolf with regenerative powers has its perks. Oh, lookit that; now it's long again! And brown. With dark purple highlights. Where DO you get all these weaves?"

Exactly!!! XD I've always wondered that too, but of course, it's just a show. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 07, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »

LOL tuney XD If only right? I would so love that..

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »

Like Escape from Skull Shores.

Ghouls before spring break still at school: Woo spring break!! Let's go get our hairs cut short and colored and styled and all that good stuff for vacation!!

Ghouls on the boat and skull shores: Woo! Our fangtastic new hair styles!! Well...except for Draculaura, lagoona and Abbey...*everyone shuns the three*

Ghouls after vacation and back at school: yay our hair grew back and is back to normal like it never happened!

Me: What the hell?!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #882 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »
Maybe it's because his glasses filter out UV radiation? Like those terrible Ray Ban commercials with the vampires from like ten years ago or something

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 07, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »

Like Escape from Skull Shores.

Ghouls before spring break still at school: Woo spring break!! Let's go get our hairs cut short and colored and styled and all that good stuff for vacation!!

Ghouls on the boat and skull shores: Woo! Our fangtastic new hair styles!! Well...except for Draculaura, lagoona and Abbey...*everyone shuns the three*

Ghouls after vacation and back at school: yay our hair grew back and is back to normal like it never happened!

Me: What the hell?!

Love it! I'm laughing over here!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #884 on: March 07, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
My birthday is tomorrow so I went a bought myself a Scaris Ghoulia on sale for $10. She is so lovely. But now I'm torn...instant gratification? Or wait until tomorrow and open her? It's just one day but...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal