collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34554 times)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
Has anyone ever had this happen to them where your heart skips a beat because you think you see what you're looking for on the shelf, but it turns out it isn't? It happens to me more often than it should. XD I get way too excited when it comes to doll hunting and set myself up for disappointment. :lol:
That's happened SEVERAL Times to me. lol Always ends with me dropping a huge F bomb in my head. >,>;

What do you mean in your head... Mine actually sometimes come out depending on who is there...  :blush: but I normally go really early in the morning... sooooo no ones around... I did it today while I was at Walmart... went to go see if the scaris dolls had come in and they did and someone had come in late last night and snagged him... so I was cursing while in the MH aisle... Ugh! I was sooo mad.... :mad: thank god no one was there...  :shocked:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
For me: When I walk towards the MH section in the Aisle and I see a box that LOOKS like it's someone I'm looking for (Like for example: Looking Jinafire and see's a bunch of Scaris boxes) I get excited and speed up towards them and when I get there it isn't who I was hoping it'd be (Scaris Frankie or Clawdeen) either one of few things will happen:

-I make a moan/groan sound out loud but in my head I've dropped the F bomb.

-I mouth it like with emotion like I would be saying it out loud, without actually saying it.

-I let out a "Aww, Damn" Sigh.

When it's a bad day hunting and the shelves were wiped clean, I let out a "Are you *Bleep*ing kidding me?!" Of course I don't do it when there are little kids and their mommies and daddies are with them.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »
I mostly just groan say, "Come on!" I'm sure my boyfriend would say otherwise. :rolleyes:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
Ack bought that 2nd Jinafire and I finally got to opening her after contemplating if I should or not, and I LOVE HER So much!! I want to keep her hair the way it is and not take it down, if I were to straighten it, could I still pour hot water over her head like it is and brush the straight part straight without ruining anything??

Ahhh I think I AM Turning into one of those people who have to buy a 2nd just open up!! :freak: (Not that there's anything wrong with it) I'm slowly being dragged deeper and deeper into the abyss than I already am and my resistance is slowly weakening!! >,<;

Expect some pictures later maybe. :P

Has anyone ever had this happen to them where your heart skips a beat because you think you see what you're looking for on the shelf, but it turns out it isn't? It happens to me more often than it should. XD I get way too excited when it comes to doll hunting and set myself up for disappointment. :lol:
That's happened SEVERAL Times to me. lol Always ends with me dropping a huge F bomb in my head. >,>;

As long as it isn't a real mess, I sometimes use a doll comb and a cup of  very hot water to straighten hair. I did it with my Jin; I took the hair ornament out while I was doing it, but I just kept combing hot water through her hair until I straightened out the crimps. Then I take a piece of paper towel and slowly squeeze out the water. Sometimes it takes several runs, but it's usually successful. I did the same thing with my Venus too, since I didn't want to get her flocking wet.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
I'll try it that way and hopefully it'll straighten the back of her hair, and maybe her bang too, debating if I should take that rubber tie off it or not.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #485 on: March 02, 2013, 12:15:27 AM »
Seems mattel has updated their parts store to include scaris Deuce's arms with wrists!! Is anyone ordering from them soon who would be willing to get me his arms? My DOTD Deuce needs his wrist joints! Also looking for a kind US person to get me some kaiser stands, the seller i used to get them from on ebay has put the postage price waaaay up and i'll have to pay massive import fees :(

Please order me a set of duece's arms also pretty please

I'm happy to help, and a PM has been sent to you both.

Does anyone else need any help in ordering something from the Mattel parts store? The website puts a limit on how many of each item you can order, but I can call them up by phone to place an order instead. And as long as they are willing to fill it, I'd be happy to place a group order. The original shipping costs from mattel to me would be divided between all involved. Just send me a PM :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 02, 2013, 12:55:40 AM »
Just straightened Jinafire's back hair and it went smoothly! I also noticed after undressing her...Her boobs really are bigger than the other ghouls. O_O I know everyone was talking about it and seeing pictures when she first came out, but wow, I seeing them in person, they're BIG...XD
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #487 on: March 02, 2013, 01:26:12 AM »
 :haha:

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »
I'm happy to help, and a PM has been sent to you both.

Does anyone else need any help in ordering something from the Mattel parts store? The website puts a limit on how many of each item you can order, but I can call them up by phone to place an order instead. And as long as they are willing to fill it, I'd be happy to place a group order. The original shipping costs from mattel to me would be divided between all involved. Just send me a PM :)

I could use a set of Howleen arms.  I'll pm you as well, thanks for organizing this Maniah!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »
Sorry gang that I havnt really posted much about the Scaris Twin pack.
Just some quick info that I felt was good, but if you would like to know anything, just ask.

I noticed that all the issues with the packs I have seen are with Goona.
The issues with Goona are eyewonk (not massive wonk) and wide set eyes.

Not one Cleo I saw was flawed. Which was brilliant.

None of them had paint issues like the Cat Twins or Catrine.

Their heads dont have glue in that I can see or feel.
I took Goona's off to have a look.

Got to say that this pack is brilliant, I am very impressed with the QC on these. Very, Very, HAPPY!

Also if you havnt seen the MH Pic Spam thread, go to my flickr and you will see what I have done with Goona's top.

Scaris Duo.2 by Picklepud, on Flickr

Sigh.. another exclusive set I need to get someone to pick up for me :(

Adoptable made by me

picklepud

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »
Was I right in thinking that Tea Tree oil is good at getting rid of glue out of hair?

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »
Was I right in thinking that Tea Tree oil is good at getting rid of glue out of hair?

Yep! Worked great for me :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
Catlein was the one to discover and share it, and after that, there have been praise for the tree oil in removing the glue.

Tomorrow on Nick, there'll be a MH Special Marathon starting at 2 Including the Scaris Spcial. I honestly wanted this one to come out on DVD so I could buy it and watch it. (then let it open the flood gates and make me buy the other Special DVD's XD)
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
I have  a question about MH clothes. I had  a doll sitting for awhile and now the dress is all wrinkled around the front of the waist...How would I go about making it smooth again... >_> I don't think an iron would be safe >.<

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #494 on: March 02, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »
I have  a question about MH clothes. I had  a doll sitting for awhile and now the dress is all wrinkled around the front of the waist...How would I go about making it smooth again... >_> I don't think an iron would be safe >.<

I use an iron on low heat. You can also cover it with a towel first so you don't iron directly on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal