collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34575 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1050 on: March 12, 2013, 09:12:55 AM »
dose cleo have purple in her hair and no tinsel?!

I spy teal streaks of some kind very faintly.. love the outfits though and Cleo's golden lippy.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 12, 2013, 09:20:22 AM »
dose cleo have purple in her hair and no tinsel?!

I thought she had no tinsel in her hair initially, but if you squint, there's some teal streaks there that's either tinsel or thinly rooted pieces of teal hair. I hope it's the latter because I like to keep my dolls stock and I hate sorting that stuff out, lol. If it's tinsel, it's probably the thinner stuff that they used in her Dawn of The Dance release, which was a little bit easier to tame than the standard gold they like to use on most of her dolls.

Edit: Actually, in the angled image of their box it looks like it's hair, not tinsel. :) ::crosses fingers::

I really like the pinkish purple Cleo has in her hair, as well as her gold lips. Ghoulia is also gorgeous, this may be the first one since her signature release that has really caught my eye. Her dress with a periodic table print is just perfect, so cute!

I'm not a huge fan of extra characters unless it's something really special, but I'm definitely going to be getting these. I love that they're putting out a set to acknowledge the friendship between these two, it's something I've been wanting from the very beginning. <3
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:22:52 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 12, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »
I absolutely adore Cleo's subtle streaks and Ghoulia's outfit is really cute (that periodic table dress!)
I find Cleo's to be really tacky, though. Maybe because of the dumb snake goggles and lab coat. Ancient Egyptian elements on a scientist outfit? Doesn't work for me XD

They also have Ghouls Night Out Spectra listed for being available, but there is no pre-order option. There is one for  GNO Rochelle and Lagoona, though. Weird :/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:30:47 PM by Zapper »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »
I see purple in her bangs... o.O

Love it... cant wait... my wallet says otherwise... but I cant wait... Lol

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »
An in-box promo pic of the Cleo and Ghoulia Lab Partners pack has been found on a German website:
http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-neu-2013-2.-hj-1pz/mattel-bbc81-laborpartner-ghoulia-cleo-boo.html?iidx=0

Oh my goodness oh my goodness.  Why do all of these awesome Cleos come about when I'm trying to limit my collection and NOT buy repeats of characters I already have??  This is so wrong.  I might not be able to resist this one.

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1055 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »

Post Merge: March 12, 2013, 06:47:11 AM

I just won a wave 1 DOTD Frankie! So excited!  :biggrin:

Awsome! She is really pretty! I totally love all the DotD dolls. Is she MIB or loose?
[/quote]

Yes, she is MIB! And I think I got her for a pretty decent price. $41 USD with $10 shipping. Is that good for this particular doll? I'm still new to collecting so I don't really know but I didn't think it was that bad and that's all that matters right?

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »
I love that Cleo!  Like so much! And I agree with Mandy that that Ghoulia is the nicest one since her signature. Altough I do think Scaris Ghoulia is very nice too. She doesn't look it in her promos, but I have seen pics of her out of the box and she is quite nice. (We don't seem to have her here for some reason).

WildLace

« Reply #1057 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
Oh my RAH!!! no way!!! I need that set!!!

animal_lover

« Reply #1058 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:46 AM »
I am IN LOVE with that lab partners ghoulia! I feel like I say this for every ghoulia though.  :lol: I can't help it! I just love her. She's so GORGEOUS! It's making me want to get doubles of some of her. I promised myself I would only do 1 double of each of my favorite characters! Curse you Mattel!!! I think I'm actually starting to like ghoulia a little more than Frankie.  :shocked:

Offline LadyPhoenixFlight

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Monster High Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 12, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »
Oh dear, I'm going to need those labcoats... X3 And Cleos' fantastic safety goggles! <3
Can't wait 'til we get a better look at the Abbey/Heath pack too, though I'm already pretty sure I'm going to need it no matter what haha

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Luvly - they had both the cam sets art Walmart in Covington yesterday.
Ooo thanks! I was gonna ask if anyone in WA spotted them anywhere yet. :P The next time I get money, I'll make a trip to that Walmart! Unless by then, they've spread out towards other parts of WA.

This! The last sentence that is! I am incapable and completely spineless, when trying to limit myself or even just stick to my "wants", I always end up getting MH stuff that is not on my list, but then I see it and it's so pretty and alluring and.... Long story short, I now want three Clawdeens eventhough she is one of my least favorite ghouls, now she is becoming my third favorite aafter Lala and Cleo.
By the time these new releases come out, I'll probably build up my endurance for duplicates ghouls and just stick to getting just new characters again...Although, after getting the Scaris Cafe set...I've been itching to get the other Deluxe Scaris ghouls too...*Looks at Ghoulia/Cleo 2-pack* .....DANGIT!!  -_-....I want'em too...
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

WildLace

« Reply #1061 on: March 12, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »
I thought I would post the pic so that everyone can see  :biggrin:

Cleo and Ghoulia ghoulia lab partners by Berry_Dolls, on Flickr

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 12, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
This is a totally vicious cycle! So many lovely dolls and too few meh ones! Well, I guess I'll have to grow some self restraint.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
I FINALLY found Catrine in New Mexico, what was a bad day just got great!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1064 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:59 AM »
Ghoouuulliiiaaaa. Her periodic table dress is SO CUTE.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal