collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34582 times)

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1035 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »
I just won a wave 1 DOTD Frankie! So excited!  :biggrin:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
Nice :)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1037 on: March 11, 2013, 11:49:16 PM »
We're supposedly getting the "original favorites" rereleases (sig Frankie, Clawdeen and Lala) here in New Zealand in August. I don't want/need any of them myself, but they could be good to use for trades cos I know there are plenty of people in the States who want them, right?

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1038 on: March 11, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »
We're supposedly getting the "original favorites" rereleases (sig Frankie, Clawdeen and Lala) here in New Zealand in August. I don't want/need any of them myself, but they could be good to use for trades cos I know there are plenty of people in the States who want them, right?

RIGHT!

If we don't hear anything about getting them here. I'll definitley have to get ahold of you ^.^

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:13 AM »
Both the Ice/Blob and Mummy/Gorgon sets are at my Walmart ;)
I wanna find it in stores before going through the whole transaction process. :P But once I decide to cave as a last resort, you will be the first to go to.

And I was right. >,>; couldn't find any of what I wanted and made impulse buys with all my money gone in one fell swoop instead. -_- Came home with:

-Another Swimline Venus (That makes my 6th Venus?! :freak:) with Signature Release face which was their last one (again.) They also had a bunch of the original faced Swimline Venuses.

-The Scaris Cafe set. Honestly, I kept telling myself not to get it, but it was the last one and it was going for $19.99 at Target and the more I stared at it, picked it up, looked at it, put it down, picked it up again, put it back down...the more I wanted it, so I caved and bought it. >,>; It looked so pretty in it's box. *Shakes fist at little voice in her head going "Get it!!"*
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 12, 2013, 03:50:15 AM »
-The Scaris Cafe set. Honestly, I kept telling myself not to get it, but it was the last one and it was going for $19.99 at Target and the more I stared at it, picked it up, looked at it, put it down, picked it up again, put it back down...the more I wanted it, so I caved and bought it. >,>; It looked so pretty in it's box. *Shakes fist at little voice in her head going "Get it!!"*

I keep doing that with Cleo's vanity.  Been trying to decide for months whether to buy it.  It's just, I don't have a lot of space and it's so big.  But the details are amazing.  Haven't bought it yet, but going to have to decide soon before it's gone from the stores.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1041 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:57 AM »
I need some advice, i recently bought a 1st release Abbey used and she's in great condition except for this weird stain on her nose, i've tried using magic eraser and it faded it considerably but its still there and refuses to budge, is there anyhting else i can do to get rid of it?

Does it look soaked into the plastic? If it's not and its a surface blemish, you could try acetone. Be VERY careful if you try this, though! Acetone will remove the face up if it comes in contact with the paint!

Its hard to tell but unfortunately i think it might be soaked in :( Whats left is very faint now though. I've considered using acetone as a last resort.

Could you try sunfading it?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 12, 2013, 06:38:04 AM »
Luvly - they had both the cam sets art Walmart in Covington yesterday.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 12, 2013, 06:43:20 AM »
Oooo that's great that there's a pic of PD Lagoona in-box, means she'll probably be showing up soon or something. *changes PD Lagoona's priority on her list*

I haven't gone in a while, but I've saved $30 and I feel like I want to go on a MH Hunt. Thing is, I'm scared I'm probably gonna go and get something on impulse instead of sticking to my original priorities. >,>;

What I really need/want:
-Blob/Ice & Mummy & Gorgon CAM Starter sets
-PD Spectra to replace the one I returned

What I might end up coming back with:
-Ghoulia's Deluxe Fashion Pack
-Scaris Cafe Playset
-3rd Jinafire to open and take down her hair
-Woke up from a nap, and for some reason now, I suddenly having a crave to get Scaris Clawdeen. >,>;
-Some other ghoul to get Just to open up.
-Other MH Brik-a-Brak

My endurance for limiting myself to certain dolls...it's slowly crumbling...=_=;
This! The last sentence that is! I am incapable and completely spineless, when trying to limit myself or even just stick to my "wants", I always end up getting MH stuff that is not on my list, but then I see it and it's so pretty and alluring and.... Long story short, I now want three Clawdeens eventhough she is one of my least favorite ghouls, now she is becoming my third favorite aafter Lala and Cleo.

Frankie Stein: We have them here in Northern Europe now, which one are you interested in?

Post Merge: March 12, 2013, 06:47:11 AM

I just won a wave 1 DOTD Frankie! So excited!  :biggrin:

Awsome! She is really pretty! I totally love all the DotD dolls. Is she MIB or loose?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:47:11 AM by Nana-Rena »

faunabay

« Reply #1044 on: March 12, 2013, 08:01:17 AM »
I've been totally spineless lately too!  Mostly thought because I'm semi-new to MH and haven't know exactly which ones I liked the best.  I'm one of those people who truely can't tell how much I like something until I have it in hand and can touch it.  And not just in box.   That's why I can't do MIB.  :blush: 

I had a sig Venus I'd bought for a friend's birthday......I got it a couple of months early since I saw it and knew she wanted it but her birthday was a ways off.  I looked at it and thought "ehhh I don't need that".  Then after she opened it I realized I had to have one too.   :P  Now I adore her, but in box....not so much.

Since I've been buying like crazy I am figuring out which ones I like the best though and will probably get a bit more picky as newer dolls come out.   Plus I've also gotten a few that have become VERY special to me so other versions will have a hard time measuring up.   :nod:

I'm even starting to set a few aside to trade or sell.   ;)  There are a few I've bought that once they were out of the box I'm seeing they're not for me.  I'm just making sure before giving them up. 

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 12, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »
I felt like that too about Venus. then my friend got her and opened her and I fell in dolly love. I love the lime green and hot pink theme she has going on! They work really well together, the colours I mean.

I also felt that way about Robecca, or rather I was on the fence. The steampunk idea was cool, but the end result looked a bit boring, then the same friend opened her up and bam! dolly love again! Now I must have Robecca!

faunabay

« Reply #1046 on: March 12, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
I felt like that too about Venus. then my friend got her and opened her and I fell in dolly love. I love the lime green and hot pink theme she has going on! They work really well together, the colours I mean.

I also felt that way about Robecca, or rather I was on the fence. The steampunk idea was cool, but the end result looked a bit boring, then the same friend opened her up and bam! dolly love again! Now I must have Robecca!
Yep I did the same thing with Robecca too!  I wasn't planning on buying her but found her for $10 and thought what the heck.  Now she's just absolutely adorable and I totally fell in love!! 

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
An in-box promo pic of the Cleo and Ghoulia Lab Partners pack has been found on a German website:
http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-neu-2013-2.-hj-1pz/mattel-bbc81-laborpartner-ghoulia-cleo-boo.html?iidx=0

There's also a listing for Abbey and Heath, though there's no image just yet:
http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-neu-2013-2.-hj-1pz/mattel-bbc82-kochpartner-abbey-heath-bop.html

This is the same website that many of the releases during the holiday season first started popping up, as well as the more recent Ghouls Night Out and Picture Day Lagoona promo. I hope we'll be seeing these packs released soon! :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
An in-box promo pic of the Cleo and Ghoulia Lab Partners pack has been found on a German website:
http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-neu-2013-2.-hj-1pz/mattel-bbc81-laborpartner-ghoulia-cleo-boo.html?iidx=0

There's also a listing for Abbey and Heath, though there's no image just yet:
http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-neu-2013-2.-hj-1pz/mattel-bbc82-kochpartner-abbey-heath-bop.html

This is the same website that many of the releases during the holiday season first started popping up, as well as the more recent Ghouls Night Out and Picture Day Lagoona promo. I hope we'll be seeing these packs released soon! :)

Oh neat! They must be right around the corner!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
dose cleo have purple in her hair and no tinsel?!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal