collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My CAMS and some new hair possibilities... Advice?  (Read 350 times)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
My CAMS and some new hair possibilities... Advice?
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:48:09 PM »
Ok, so I need some opinions.... I have the Witch, Skeleton and Cat CAMS... and I am wanting to give them better looking hair than the cruddy wigs that come with them... Currently I only have 2 colors to use... (my mom has BJD's and makes wigs for them with this stuff..) I have no idea what type it is, But I am wondering which I should use, or if I should order something different...

The skeleton looks really good in purple and my mom gave me this one that looks like a rich violet (the following pictures do it no justice let me tell you!) So this is the one I was thinking about using on her....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The witch is green obviously as most of us know... But my mom gave me this almost turquoise like color and I think it looks really pretty, but my husband thinks its too much greens/blues... I was thinking if this didnt work, I could get a black and then possibly use the turquoise as a highlight color...

And then as far as my poor kitty... I have not a clue as to what I should do with her... So I need suggestions as to what color you all think might be the best for her... I dont think the colors I have would suit her... I was thinking possibly a maroon or possibly black... but I dont want to use too much black... and I dont want to use black and pink because that reminds me a bit too much of Lala... So any ideas would be greatly appriciated :)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My CAMS and some new hair possibilities... Advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:08 PM »
I love the way the purple looks with your skeleton but have to agree with your husband....the turquoise looks too blue for the witch by itself.  Maybe it would work if you added some green highlights with it. But I also like it best when there's highlights (or low lights) and not just a flat (one) color.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
Yup, I need to get a couple of purples... and then I know I am going to need black... but poor miss kitty... I dont have a clue what to do with her... So here she sits all bald like :)

faunabay

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »
My first CAM's are the Ice and Blob girls.  I love the wig with them for the Ice girl but it's really sparce.  I'd love to fill it in some.  And the Blob girl just needs a new wig or rehair.  I've ordered some of the Liv wigs so when they get here I'm going to try them on my Blob girl.  We'll see. 

HanaMaehata

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:19 AM »
ACTUALLY, if you don't intend to change the skin color of the kitty at all, the turquoise might work. And have it in either a lil bob or a pixie cut>

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:12 AM »
Purple on skellys is perfect <3! The purple and black wig I have from the Vamp/Sea Monster set looks just so natural on my skeleton. I agree what was said about the turquoise but I just need to point out that would work fabulously for a Sailor Neptune custom >__________>;

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
My CAMS and some new hair possibilities... Advice?
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:58 AM »
I think the cat would look utterly gorgeous in bright blue hair to match her lovely eyes.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 05:18:08 AM »
i personally love that color for the witch... im one of those people who dont like continuous colors lol. like it really bugs me when someone is just ALL one color. I think this color could have great potential for wigs that could be paired with some interesting outfits
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »
with the witch that color is awesome add a little green and black and WOW. love the purple on the skeletin. as for the cat i have a black wig on her right now.... i think if you mixed black with bright blue she would have a wow factor. but thats just me! have fun with it!

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
What about a black with blue streaks to match her eyes?

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »
I love adding more then one color to hair.
With my skeleton she is a blond. SO I could see you adding streaks of silver or even black to the rich purple.
My witch has black under two different green's. Brown would make that turquoise pop.
As for the cat I have a bald one no clue what to do with her.

If you want I can post my girls.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 09:16:28 AM »
Cat girl looks gorgeous in blue:)

(she had a funny shaped head so the regular wigs wouldn't fit)

I love the purple on the Skeleton and the turquoise with the witch (course green *is* one of my fave colors :P)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:19:11 AM by dragonlady »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal