collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have any random pony couplings/groupings?  (Read 2698 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Do you have any random pony couplings/groupings?
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:34 AM »
I would like to know if anyone else has fallen "victim" to the random pony coupling or grouping syndrome that I have!!  :biggrin:

What I mean by that is, do you have any ponies that just "go together" in your mind, either by some quirk of the order you collected them, or by colour/style/age/theme etc...., *other* than the groupings Hasbro intended? Do you have any ponies that you consider to be inseparable for no other reason than they just *are*, in your mind, and what for reason have you coupled or grouped them?

To explain further I've included pics of examples of this phenomenon! For eg. in my mind, Applejack and Sunlight "go together" and are inseparable because they were my first two ponies as a child, despite them being from different sets. Honeycombe and Fifi "go together" simply because they were my first two ponies as a collector and they are both white with bright hair  (see? Random!)...

Or, does your "collectors" mind forbid such things? Are you obsessed by having them displayed in the "correct" order they were released and in their correct sets? Do you shudder at the thought of displaying, say, a G1 pegasus with a G3 earth pony simply because...?

So, if you have any random, self imposed pony couplings or grouplings, then pls send me your pics! Here are mine:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Can't wait to see if anyone else has this peculiar habit!  :biggrin:

AJB xx
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
Re: Do you have any random pony couplings/groupings?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:48:01 AM »
For some reason my G4 Snowcatcher and Dewdrop Dazzle seem like friends to me. I have to have them on the shelve together.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:00 AM »
I have tons of pair-ups. but I keep it to my most favorites rather then spam up the board with tons of pics. XD

Barnacle and waterfire are always together. Waterfire looks like Barnacle's little sister.

Crystal lace and Sweet Celebrations are a couple in my herd. I bought them around the same time and put them on he sink to clean them and noticed they looked so cute when they are next to each other. crystal lace looks like he's giving celebrations a kiss on the cheek.

My custom pony Pavolva and Rarity are always side my side too on my shelf. Two classy white unicorns with purple manes. I bet they would have a lot to talk about together.

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:21 AM »
Exactly! That's the idea....

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering what the bands are on my girl's legs....I give them all "bracelets"!  :biggrin:

(am I insane?)  :lookround:

AJB x
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline akutenshi7

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Copper Gear <3's Silver Streak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 07:14:48 AM »
I paired up my ponies too!  X3

Though I don't have pictures right now, Barnacle and Tropical Breeze are siblings along with Honeysuckle and Peach BlossomBaby Quackers and Baby Fifi were always together.  Up until I was in college, I didn't own the latter two; my best friend owned them and I would always ask to play with them.  X3  Then I had a very nice boyfriend who gave them to me after he found them on ebay.  ^-^

Speaking of Peach Blossom, was I the only one who turned that pony into a boy?  >.>;

Post Merge: February 20, 2013, 07:19:39 AM

I have tons of pair-ups. but I keep it to my most favorites rather then spam up the board with tons of pics. XD

Barnacle and waterfire are always together. Waterfire looks like Barnacle's little sister.

Oh, nice!  Now I'll have to be on the lookout for her to add her to my "family."  X3  Along with the G4 Snowcatcher
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:19:39 AM by akutenshi7 »
 | Want Listvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shenanigans, January Joy, and BTD for the super cute adoptables!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:59:27 AM »
well i tend to  just group mine together. but i got  Aj and twinkleshine together as a pairing. (the g4 one looks liek a boy XD) and the steamer i recently got   is particulerly  fond of a purple cabbage patch  pony i have. 
and  my  diamond rose prototype  likes to hang out with my loose zecora. they've been inseprable sicne i got them.

i also have cherilee and  lyra hanging out together. and  then twilight sparkle  and skywisehs.

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 08:17:33 AM »
I've always paired up my rainbow dash and firefly... Since rainbow dash's personality was based on firefly's, I think they'd be a good pair.. n__n

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:43 AM »

Crystal lace and Sweet Celebrations are a couple in my herd. I bought them around the same time and put them on he sink to clean them and noticed they looked so cute when they are next to each other. crystal lace looks like he's giving celebrations a kiss on the cheek.

This is so flipping cute! Ha ha I love the smooch face!

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »
I like to keep my Bubbles and Seashell together, just sittin' chillin'. I want to find a couple of miniature beer can's/glasses so they can chillax together properly  :lol:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:50:33 AM »
I like to keep my Bubbles and Seashell together, just sittin' chillin'. I want to find a couple of miniature beer can's/glasses so they can chillax together properly  :lol:

XD mine are bookends!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
I'll post pics later but for now, I have:

Wigwam and Windwhistler because I found them together and Windwhistler was in her wedding dress.  :)
Salty and SS Bouncy
Daddy Sweet Celebrations and Medley

And, most recently, ice Crystal and Cupcake.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
Medley was my boy as a kid growing up. I called him Louie or Singer. And when Tiffany came a long he was just crazy about it. She was more into Steamer but Steamer is very shy and not good with girls. So Medley sang a song for Tiffany and well that was that. I just annouced around V-Day they will have a pony wedding someday:)

Celebrations and Moondancer have been caught cuddling but not for sure yet.

Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »
I tend to pair up ponies that share the same pose as friends, even if they don't come from the same set.

In my herd, Masquerade and North Star are best friends and so are Whizzer and Wind Whistler  :lol:

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »
Apple"jack" was my boy pony!! I didn't realise other people did the same thing! Applejack was the boy and Sunlight was the girl...

It was almost 20 years before I realised Applejack was a girl!!!  :shocked:

AJB xx

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
Apple"jack" was my boy pony!! I didn't realise other people did the same thing! Applejack was the boy and Sunlight was the girl...

It was almost 20 years before I realised Applejack was a girl!!!  :shocked:

AJB xx

Sparkler  was always my boy. lol  i called  him diamond. in my herd and  Kingsley was Paw (my other boy) its so funny  what we  deicde is male and  female in our herds and then later find out  there mostly all girls!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:31:47 AM by Kiwi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal