collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is Nirvana "Etiquette" W/Backcards/Acc's? Split or Keep?  (Read 495 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
What is Nirvana "Etiquette" W/Backcards/Acc's? Split or Keep?
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »
I'm not around nirvanas much...
I am still working on all "normal" collections of ponies pretty much. However, I recently got a gift of a nirvana...ish? Pony who was Dutch Sing Along. (white w/fading pink hair) She had with her most of her stuff though. Like the original ribbon in tape (unuse) , back card & booklet in...Dutch probably.

What is the Etiquette for her things?
Is it HORRIBLE to separate a mostly complete pony like that?
Are her items an average worth, or are they more than average? (Is it not worth selling or trading away)

Since I'm not a MOC collector, nor a back-card collector...the card isn't that appealing to me. The art is un-G1-like, and a photo of the brochure is fine for me, which I have on the pc. I'm also not a ribbon collector & couldn't use the ribbon anyway because its in the original tape/plastic.

If they should never be split up, I can put the card & etc away in a box.
It would be safe, it would be secure and never gotten rid of. If it's not worthwhile to trade or sell the items away, I'd still keep it in this way -- but if they should/could go to a happier home to be displayed by someone who REALLY collects and likes stuff like this...then I would rather have it be that way instead. I just wanted to ask to get it out there, as this is a first for me. Since it was a gift, it wasn't anything I would of got for myself, as I'd of kept hunting till I found something 'pony only'.  Any opinions on what to do are appriciated!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: What is Nirvana "Etiquette" W/Backcards/Acc's? Split or Keep?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »
I think it's pretty much up to you. At least you feel like you could keep the accessories organized without losing them!

I'd be intetested if you decide to sell. I already have a very minty Singalong.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »
I don't think it matters too much....someone will buy them for their Sing a Long : )
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:19:34 PM »
I agree that it's not a big deal to separate them. It's more of a personal choice than a generally agreed upon rule. I know Dutch pony combs are very sought after & sell for $15+ a piece. I'm not sure about the rest of the pieces, though. It might be best to take offers if you decide to sell.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
Agreed, there's no set etiquette on it. Personally, I like to keep things together, but that's just me. No one would villify you for splitting them up ;)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »
I do get a bit annoyed when people just lose nirvana accessories though.  I know we can do what we want with our own ponies, but com'on!  We're collectors, not just little kids!  If you don't want nirvana accessories, sell them to someone who does, or at least put them in a little bag and label it, so you'll know who they go with.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline baby_gusty

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »
Personally I would never sell accessories if I have the pony since I loove my ponies complete ;) But I don´t mind if someone else sell their accessories if they don´t have any joy from them! Better for us accessories-lovers hehe
But it´s a very good thing not to loose any parts as kellyponyfeathers say. Label it or sell them to someone who own the pony as well.
Good luck if you decide to sell!

Thank you specialk070581 for puffyavatar
My Wantlist               Looking for Spain Baby Gusty and Baby Gustys Puffysticker

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal