collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please show me... your best de-frizzes!  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Please show me... your best de-frizzes!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
I bet Sugar Apple is just dying to get her hair recurled! ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »
I used Pantene "naturefusion" leave-in conditioner (which I got from the Pound Shop!) and a ceramic flattening iron I got from Superdrug for £9.99.

Second time round I left the conditioner in for *hours* before brushing and flattening, and then let the hair dry *with the conditioner still in* after flattening, only washing it out afterwards - that seemed to do the trick!  :lol:

AJB xx

Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »
Looks like I'll have to get more aggressive with my defrizzing; attempted a little the other day but I was so timid it looks like some of the tidier before pictures.

Can anyone offer advice on defrizzing a So Soft? I'd rather not deflock, so I'm afraid to get too close to the roots!

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2013, 01:28:04 PM »
I bet Sugar Apple is just dying to get her hair recurled! ;)

LOL! Yes, she is!!  :lol:

But, she and I are both enjoying the novelty her newfound long, straight, silky(ish!) locks for a while first!

She spent literally over a decade with that head of frizz and I plaited her tail just to tame it as I didn't know how to go about de-frizzing 'til I rejoined this site a couple of weeks ago!  :)

When I get around to trying to re-curl her mane (again, something I've never done - any tips?!) I'll post more pics  :biggrin:

AJB xx
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »
Better late than never!  :biggrin:

I'm thinking straw curls are the way to go with her. :) My fingertips are tingling to get into defrizzing and recurling my childhood Molasses. I've never seen her with curls for she came from flea market, but I'd love to redo them anyway!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2013, 04:49:53 PM »
Oh lord. I haven't made it to the defrizzing part yet, but I did spend 45 minutes detangling 3 ponies hair, lol! 

Will have to slowly but surely try to get them defrizzed.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
I'm not so sure this one will count as a "de-frizz" LOL, but this girl is my latest project and I spent over 2 hours fixing her hair. She had tons of little human/pet hairs stuck in that mess... I was so grossed out. I'm still not sure how I feel about perfume-puffs.

Before:

After:

Every time I see a perfume puff pony, I think of the movie Amadeus and the big wigs they wore. I get "Queen Of The Night" stuck in my head too.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline blonde2themax

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
How do you make their manes looks so shiny and new?  Mine don't look like that after.  I think the tangles were so bad that the hair looks all frayed at the end.  :C
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Pokestine

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »
I have got to stop looking at this topic. All the after photos look so pretty they make me itch to give some of my collection a spa day but they're all in storage at my parents place!

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
REALLY wish I'd seen this before I completely rehaired my G3 Minty. Ah well, I'll have to give it a try on a few other ponies. I didn't think you could defrizz hair this good, let alone the hair with tinsel.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »
How do you make their manes looks so shiny and new?  Mine don't look like that after.  I think the tangles were so bad that the hair looks all frayed at the end.  :C

Its just a matter of using as much conditioner as possible to be honest. Sometimes even once the hair is straight and frizz free you should condition it again [leaving the conditioner in to properly soak - keep it damp by wrapping the hair in saran wrap over night or for 24 hours - and then rinse out].
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

PandoraFox

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »

Its just a matter of using as much conditioner as possible to be honest. Sometimes even once the hair is straight and frizz free you should condition it again [leaving the conditioner in to properly soak - keep it damp by wrapping the hair in saran wrap over night or for 24 hours - and then rinse out].

Conditioner is indeed magic stuff. I also do find I always have a hint of frizz left at the ends of a ponies hair. It still tends to feel a little rough, right at the very ends of the hair when I'm done. It's just not enough to be a bother or look bad.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal