collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The hunt for caterine and the scalpers in my town :(  (Read 1452 times)

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
The hunt for caterine and the scalpers in my town :(
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »
I've checked every walmart in town, even some out of town and I cannot find her, and what really irritates the heck out of me is that a person that we (a friend and I) have found to be a scalper that lives in our town, has about 10 of them listed on ebay... so either some stores haven't gotten any, or this idiot has managed to snag them all... I cant stand people sometimes.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The hunt for caterine and the scalpers in my town :(
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:32:14 PM »
Where in California are you?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »
Ugh, what a jerk...After finding mine, I haven't seen anymore ever since, but if you'd like, I can try looking for one for you! (Unless someone else here has one at their disposal ready to help you!)
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

faunabay

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
Scalpers are horrible!!  I went by the Walmart I found mine in and they still have 2 left.....at least they did yesterday.  I didn't look very closely at them so don't know how good of shape they're in but I can pick one up for you if you'd like.

Rainsong

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:12:35 AM »
I don't have an easily accessible Walmart... mejohnson posted about having extras and me an Wrenn jumped on the chance, because otherwise we might never SEE one, let alone get one. Sometimes I swear people are just awful. I'd never manage to scalp 10 of a doll, unless it was 2 at a time from different stores... and even then, I'd never have the money spare!

Who ARE these people o.o

Good luck finding one, hon!

Feyona

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 12:49:42 AM »
We don't have any Walmarts in NYC. So the only way for me to get Catrine is on ebay. Waiting for the perfect price. I guess in a week we'll be able to buy a doll for 20+shipping.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:40:00 AM »
That happened to me. Bergamot let me know they were in the Walmart near her. My mom was heading up that way the next day and stopped in only to find a lady with the last four in her cart:(

I hope it was a one time thing as we normally don't have this problem (usually it's getting the item in in the first place! )

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »
Dont give in to ebay! There are quite a few members here who are finding her and are willing to resell cheaper than ebay here, or trade, or even sell at cost. Just check out the sales section :)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »
I even get annoyed when I see posts from members here proudly stating that they bought ALL the dolls. Don't do that. It's a butt move. Even if you're selling at retail it still knocks everyone in your area out of accessible dolls, and then they turn to eBay and support scalpers. I'm still seeing Catrine regularly on the shelves here. I think she'll be all over the shelves as soon as this crazy doll hoarding stops.  I hope you get her, Nova.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 06:21:38 AM »
Bleh. I checked my Walmart to see if they had one for you. They did have one, but she was so messed up that even the scalpers here didn't buy her :( Scuffed mouth and nose and fuzzy eyes.

Novavelle

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »
well I am guilty of picking up lots of extras, but I always offer them here... but this person has them marked up on ebay... that's not cool... And my friend needs one too so I'm trying to find them reasonable for both of us. It just ticks me off..

And I'm in the central valley

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »
Maniah I need one for customizing if you want to pick her up for me.
I don't need her box. :)
Let me know hun I can't find her.

Novavelle I hope you find her.

DGRequiem

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »
If it makes you feel better, I've been going to at least one walmart  (but up to 3 or 4) a day for almost three weeks now since she was first sited.  And I'm pretty sure I don't have any scalpers to compete with!

Darned exclusives.  I'd give up, except I have two other people I'm trying to find her for who don't have walmarts near them >.<

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »
I know that for Target- it helps to go first thing in the morning when they first open- (I've decided that the scalpers in my area get there between 7:40-8 a.m.)

... but isn't Walmart open 24/7?   I guess it might be helpful to know when your Walmart generally does the stocking.

I will grab an extra of something rare if I see it for my sister or someone on the board if they want it- but I've never grabbed the entire row of dolls- which is what the scalper in my area does...

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »
I even get annoyed when I see posts from members here proudly stating that they bought ALL the dolls. Don't do that. It's a butt move. Even if you're selling at retail it still knocks everyone in your area out of accessible dolls, and then they turn to eBay and support scalpers. I'm still seeing Catrine regularly on the shelves here. I think she'll be all over the shelves as soon as this crazy doll hoarding stops.  I hope you get her, Nova.

Well, why not? I picked up all 6 Catrines from my Walmart and sent them to friends on here and to friends and family overseas. Are you saying I should leave some just to be nice to strangers, while my friends don't get any?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal