collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Troll collectors here?  (Read 345 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Any Troll collectors here?
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:59 PM »
(I'm super sorry if The Dollhouse isn't the right spot for this. Not sure if Trolls count as dolls around here. :P )

I was out looking for a birthday present today and happened upon two old looking Troll dolls. One was nearly the size of my head, and the other was baby-sized. Both had short, pale hair, and no clothes. But they were marked "Made in Denmark" and the big one had an indent on the bottom of her foot and on her back which said that she was a Dam doll. Looked it up, he was the start of Troll dolls.

I have no idea what year they're from, I couldn't see it anywhere. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to go back and buy them for $45. I have no idea how popular they would be among collectors, though, and I can't find the two dolls I saw online.

Does anyone know anything about Troll dolls, or think it's worth it to grab them..?

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Any Troll collectors here?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
I dunno... If it were the Troll Horse, I'd def. be interested as it's pretty hard to find. I have a lot of Applause treasure trolls that I have up for trade, but I doubt I can ever be rid of them all as they seem pretty common found on eBay and rubbish sales.  :blush:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »
I thought Dam trolls were the more expensive trolls.  I know there's a cool elephant that can go for quite a bit (random).

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:19:47 AM »
Depending on when they were made, Dam trolls are sought after :)  They were the original 60s trolls, so if you find one with the glass eyes and mohair still in good condition, could be worth it to pick it up.  Was there a year marked on the troll? I think some of the originals are stamped '63 or '64. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal