collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Removing pen mark from plush  (Read 512 times)

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Removing pen mark from plush
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:56 AM »
Is it possible to remove a pen/marker spot from a MLP plush without ruining it? thanks!
*<3 <3Seeking MIB DREAM BEAUTIES! <3 <3*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Leegeta\'s Collection

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Removing pen mark from plush
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
The first thing I would say is that removing pen marks from fabric can sometimes cause more damage than leaving them - but as long as you are aware of that then you should be fine. Also make sure that the plush fur is colour fast by testing a small area. And it depends on the type of pen - permanent markers are incredibly tough to shift but a ball point pen mark may be movable - as well as how long the stain has been there as if on the surface no problem if its been allowed to soak into the material that could be an issue.

I have 2 options you can try if you are brave :) The first one is one my friend uses all the time and swears it works on her fabric sofa - hair spray. Literally spray it on the area, allow it to soak in for 15 mins, spray again and then wipe clean. Personally I have never used this trick and I would only recommend it for fabric as hair spray can be a touch aggressive on some hard plastics and actually melt it if applied in quantity and left to soak.

The second I have used on plush and I have found it to work when the stains are relatively recent.
- Pour milk or squeeze toothpaste into a mark - rub it completely into the mark and allow it to soak for 15 mins.
- Fill a basin with water [hot ideally but cold if the material is not colour fast] - mix in about a half cup of white wine vinegar and just under a quarter of a mild colourless soap. Add the item and squeeze the water mix into the milk or toothpaste covered area. Scrub with a toothbrush or nail brush - make sure you brush in all directions to get to all sides of the fur.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Removing pen mark from plush
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:16 PM »
My god you are full of knowledge!  Thank you yoda! Lol