collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Really? To call her lifeless?  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Really? To call her lifeless?
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »

Yeah, I've also noticed that the metal community is really the one that is mostly there because it enjoys the music above everything else. And they are usually quite friendly and helpful, too !

I must admit, I don't know to what extent there are a lot of metalheads that love ponies as well, but... That is just plain awesome, isn't it? xD

Lol, thank you!

Oh, since you wanted to see my room I took pictures for ya'. xD Is Photobucket linking allowed? Like to actually link to the page the pictures are on? There's nothing else on my PB.

I think it's alright, never saw anyone having trouble with it.

OH BOY AM I CURIOUS NOW LOL

xDD

So here the pictures are... I hate my girly furniture, used to be my cousins. >_< We were supposed to repaint it but never got around to it so now I've got flowery white stuff. >____<

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/themetalheadstevie/library/My%20awesome%20metal%20room%20with%20the%20one%20odd%20pony%20corner

Just for fun I threw two pictures of me in there, one is me and the other is the back of my Led Zeppelin jacket. >_> (Hullo there my name's Nathan and I think I look mad but I'm not...) You can see my records and metal magazines on the tallest ugly girly dresser along with a collector's Pink Floyd mug, my CD collection is on the short long one. Sorry these aren't the best photos.
Oh, and spot the not-hard-to-find ponies! 8D

You can't see it but that jacket hanging on my bedpost is signed by all 9 original members of Slipknot, and that Johnny Depp picture by my window is signed by him. I have a few other signatures too from various other people. Sorry I hope I don't sound like I'm showing my stuff off. xD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:48:02 PM by Kingsly »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 04:47:06 PM »
Hahaha, awesome! i can't wait for your pony collection to grow and become more prominent amongst the blackness :P Btw, since we're all talking music, if you guys have a last.fm account, a member here made a group a while ago so join in so we can share some musics :)

http://www.last.fm/group/MLP+Arena+Noise
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »
Quote from: Kingsly link=topic=322439.msg635621#msg635621
Dude. You like Jhonen Vasquez??? I love you. O.O Especially cause I remember you mentioning you liked Clerks too! I've actually talked to Jhonen before, he's a super nice guy. Quirky, but nice and awesome. xD
Do you like Mindless Self Indulgence or the Left Rights at all? They're kind of punk-ish bands, Jhonen's directed a few music videos for them and he does art for them occasionally. The Left Rights and MSI are pretty much the same band except LynZ and Kitty are gone from The Left Rights.

I will admit, there was a briefbrief month or two where I found myself grouped in with the "goths" or "emos" for a while too, I found it way too depressing and boring and then a friend reintroduced me to rock and metal, it's where I've stayed ever since. I was a rocker before, strayed off and explored around a bit, and I'm back to it now and nothing's better. xD For me, at least.

I've heard of Mindless Self Indulgence, haven't heard of the other one. I'll have to download some of their stuff when I get a faster computer. I mostly stick to the older stuff but I do like a few newer bands, like The Birthday Massacre. "Emo" wasn't even a thing when I was first getting into all that stuff, there were about a zillion different kinds of punk but if you wore black and listened to the dark stuff you were "Goth." And there was NO metal scene where I grew up, of course it was the mid-'90s so "grunge" and "alternative" had put a pretty bad hurting on metal scenes everywhere, but metal always seems to come back around and when I moved to go to college I moved to a big metal town.

Yeah, Jhonen Vasquez's stuff is pretty awesome, I have to admit I got into Invader Zim before picking up any of the comics. That's cool that you met him, I've not been to that many Cons or places where there are opportunities like that.

I like your pics, too. My leather jacket turned 20 this year, a gift from my grandmother that is one of my most prized posessions. And my room was similarly covered in posters back at my parents' house, though I must admit for a time they were of the "hair metal" variety :blush: Still love to rock that stuff, too, though.

I think it's great that there are so many people from the "darker" scenes into ponies. It's something that my friends from those days would probably not understand, so I love that there is a friendly online community to feed my addiction... umm I mean support my hobby. :biggrin:
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
There are quite a few metalheads in the pony community, that's for sure. (I'm another one). Ponies and metal make for a great combo :D I love seeing peoples reactions who see my collections for the first time. I have ponies piled around the same rooms that have my CD collections, signed Maiden guitar and other metal paraphernalia. Most seem befuddled by the contrast. "Wait.. you like metal, AND ponies?!" (and then their minds are blown when they see my Eddie pony) XD

But on topic it is very frustrating to see people make such hateful comments. Logically I know you shouldn't be hurt by them, 'haters gonna hate' and all that, but for some people its a lot harder to slough off negativity than it is for others. No one has the right to judge someone for a harmless hobby that makes them happy.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
There are quite a few metalheads in the pony community, that's for sure. (I'm another one). Ponies and metal make for a great combo :D I love seeing peoples reactions who see my collections for the first time. I have ponies piled around the same rooms that have my CD collections, signed Maiden guitar and other metal paraphernalia. Most seem befuddled by the contrast. "Wait.. you like metal, AND ponies?!" (and then their minds are blown when they see my Eddie pony) XD

But on topic it is very frustrating to see people make such hateful comments. Logically I know you shouldn't be hurt by them, 'haters gonna hate' and all that, but for some people its a lot harder to slough off negativity than it is for others. No one has the right to judge someone for a harmless hobby that makes them happy.

You have an Eddie pony? Epic!! AND A SIGNED MAIDEN GUITAR OH MY GOD. 8O
I know there's a user on this site with a signed Alice Cooper custom.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »
There are quite a few metalheads in the pony community, that's for sure. (I'm another one).
Here's one more metalhead. :devious:
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

Yes, the guitar was  gift from my Uncle who loves metal almost as much as I do. I was blown away when I opened it! I really need to get pics of it, with ponies of course ;)

I think it's awesome that Alice Cooper was willing to sign a pony! I think it was Sarah-Bee who owns it, but I can't remember (sorry!). Here is the Eddie pony I made, now I just need Maiden to sign that too!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Crowpriest/digitalpics107-2.jpg

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:36 PM »

Yes, the guitar was  gift from my Uncle who loves metal almost as much as I do. I was blown away when I opened it! I really need to get pics of it, with ponies of course ;)

I think it's awesome that Alice Cooper was willing to sign a pony! I think it was Sarah-Bee who owns it, but I can't remember (sorry!). Here is the Eddie pony I made, now I just need Maiden to sign that too!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Crowpriest/digitalpics107-2.jpg

That pony is EPIC! 8O I'd die to see your guitar sometime.

Also is your sig a Beatles reference?

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »
DUDE that room sure clashes with the ponies you have LOL ! :D

Also... LAVA LAMP !! :frolic: (yes, of all the things xD)

And yay for more metalheads ! \m/ I used to look more like one than I do now I dressed all in black pretty much all the time), so I suppose I am one in disguise now xD Unless it's spring/summer... then I use my metal t-shirts all the time :P

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2013, 01:07:08 AM »
Yep, that's my Alice Cooper custom :biggrin: I made the custom ages ago and then when I met him I took it for him to sign. He actually sung a couple lines from the MLP theme song (his daughter used to play with ponies in the 80s)!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2013, 03:58:14 AM »
I must admit, I don't know to what extent there are a lot of metalheads that love ponies as well, but... That is just plain awesome, isn't it? xD

Over here!  :mrgreen:

*leaves thread again*

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2013, 06:47:15 AM »
There is going to be an article in Take a Break magazine on the 21st of February which will feature my toy collecting, which I'm kind of dreading! I don't know how people will react to it. I only agreed to do it because it would not be published online. All my family and friends know I love toys and love me, so they won't be bothered at all by it. The people who do have a problem with it, well, then that's their problem, not mine! And besides, the 'embarrassment' money I get from the article will be bounced right back into my hobby! :D
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
That pony is EPIC! 8O I'd die to see your guitar sometime.

Also is your sig a Beatles reference?

Yep, it is a Beatles reference, I'm a Beatles nut too. There's also quite a few of those on the Arena! The background art is from The Beatles Rockband game. I did manage to find a pic of the guitar, but it's not the greatest, it's from Christmas morning  but here it is:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Crowpriest/029_zps797efabc.jpg

Yep, that's my Alice Cooper custom :biggrin: I made the custom ages ago and then when I met him I took it for him to sign. He actually sung a couple lines from the MLP theme song (his daughter used to play with ponies in the 80s)!

Alice Cooper singing My Little Pony? That's almost to awesome to picture. I thought the custom was yours, you definitely have an amazing pony collection!

Here's one more metalhead. :devious:

There's so many of us it's a wonder the Arena doesn't have more mosh pits!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:24 AM »
My thoughts:

Many people are cruel and stupid. But many people are kind and supportive too.

If I had read someone calling a little girl stupid, I would have made him cry through the internet.

Alice Cooper rules!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »
Count me in with the hate of 90% of people too.  :P

I allways was bullied from girls because i liked Videogames since my childhood and nobody understood me and said that isn't normal for a girl, i waste my life etc. But this really makes me wonder sometimes why they do this? And why are we collectors so tollerant with other people?

I think it's because these people have nothing else to do with their lives. If you don't have a hobby, just go out, shop for clothes and watch TV - this is really borring in time! Maybe they try pulling other happier people down so that they feel better. Like your old lonely neighbour next door who allways knows the best gossip about anyone, even if it's not true - so he can give his borring live a thrill.

So these people really have nothing better to do than this.

:D awesome, seems to be a common trend. Maybe that's why were all here on the area? We're the 10% that we enjoy?

Right there with ya'll though and the dislike of people, I work with snakes as my job and I gotta say "The more I meet people the more I like rattlesnakes...."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal