collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Really? To call her lifeless?  (Read 4976 times)

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Really? To call her lifeless?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »
So, let me get this straight.
I work hard for six hour shifts twice every week shelving books and odd jobs around a library and can't treat myself to a pony to brush and play with once in a while? Sickening. It's these people who are rude and vulgar that are lifeless. I think that as long as you have something that makes you happy, an income to fund this interest and a means of keeping said interest from being a danger to ones self, that is the meaning of living.

That's sad... I'd seen on TRU facebook some little girl wrote "I like twilight I think she's pretty with wings" and someone commented "Typical Stupid little girl"
This is disgusting. How dare anyone be so rude to a KID! this is so offensive.

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 08:16:52 AM »
I love this collection, I've never had a collection like this before... it just clicked I guess. and I love to share with my "Brony" friends any extras I come across lol they are building a collection off of me :D they are just exciting!

One of the things I love the most is getting the ponies that need a little TLC I clean them up clean their hair, I'm learning how to rehair so hopefully I can do some rehairs on my babies :D

I will say I'm soo glad to find this site and find you all!!! So let the ponies trample our minds and clear out our bank accounts (not literally lol)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: February 11, 2013, 08:19:36 AM

I was gonna say something along the lines don't let people spoil your happiness because they don't understand you, but I rambled and said something totally different lol.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:19:36 AM by disturbed-rainbow »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 09:28:23 AM »
My mom didn't like me collecting ponies at first, but I convinced her that it's a lot like her buying shoes. She doesn't need 50 pairs of shoes, but it's fun to buy them and wear them. Now she's more tolerant about it. :)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
I remember that article about your collection Sarah, my friend at work saved me the clipping from the newspaper!
The pictures of your pony room made me super jelly! I think there was one picture where you were buried in ponies, that looked like so much fun.  :happy:

All the people I have told about my collection have been very interested at best and bemused at worst so I guess I'm lucky.

I think it's rich when people online take the time to leave a comment like "they should do something better with their life".  :rolleyes:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »
So, let me get this straight.
I work hard for six hour shifts twice every week shelving books and odd jobs around a library and can't treat myself to a pony to brush and play with once in a while? Sickening. It's these people who are rude and vulgar that are lifeless. I think that as long as you have something that makes you happy, an income to fund this interest and a means of keeping said interest from being a danger to ones self, that is the meaning of living.

That's sad... I'd seen on TRU facebook some little girl wrote "I like twilight I think she's pretty with wings" and someone commented "Typical Stupid little girl"
This is disgusting. How dare anyone be so rude to a KID! this is so offensive.

Ahh, I like this reply! Everything you said is spot on!
I'm surprised by the comment on the TRU site, though. Usually it's bronies commenting, but do-- pardon my lack of descriptive words for this type of person so I must resort to clichés-- have the occasional "hater" or troll who just can't stand the idea of someone going outside the "norm" and enjoying candy-colored horses.

And I know I'm late to the game, but something that's helped me a lot whenever people try to bring me down for my hobbies (it doesn't happen often, but I'm a very sensitive person, so when it does, it hits me hard!).

I usually ask or think: "well, what hobbies do YOU have?" 99% of the time, I get stutters, stammers, or people going "UHhhHh... well have facebook, where I talk to people. I have a LIFE!" or something eerily similar.

LOL, so I have several hobbies I adore, that do not require staring at a glowering screen 24/7, make me happy, and I'm the lifeless one? :P

Also I'll still defend pony collectors as being the nicest hobbyists I've met. (Before bronies. That said, at least bronies helped me feel more assured about my gender/gender expression. Even if they disappoint me sometimes... ^^; )
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 07:34:12 AM »
Zest -I agree with you this fandom is the nicest fandom, and I know that feel about the Bronies they claim this whole "Love and Tolerate" conundrum but most don't live up to it.  I have a guy friend who is considered a "Brony" but he certainly doesn't bring down anyone or whatever.. He's pretty cool lol and he defends my pony-craze! lol

And since you said "Candy-colored" ponies makes me want to find a pony coated in sugar and candy stuffs lol :)

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »
I agree with you guys so much ^^ and I definitely agree that MLP collectors have one of the nicest communities ever, so does metal which might be surprising enough, that's why I've stayed with both for so many years and I can guarantee you I will forever. Of course there are the few annoying people in every fandom, metal has those people too and here we have the "Bronies" xDD

I love that on this site I can talk freely about my herd to people and don't have to feel awkward or super judged for it. Ya' guys are awesome.

Edit: That reminds me, I should show you guys my room sometime, it's hilarious. My walls are wallpapered with posters, I have my guitars/CDs/records/metal magazines everywhere, skulls on everything, and in one corner of my room I have three shelves full of ponies xD REALLY throws people for a loop when they come over. Ah I'm rambling off topic now... >_>
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:16:36 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »
I agree with you guys so much ^^ and I definitely agree that MLP collectors have one of the nicest communities ever, so does metal which might be surprising enough, that's why I've stayed with both for so many years and I can guarantee you I will forever. Of course there are the few annoying people in every fandom, metal has those people too and here we have the "Bronies" xDD

I love that on this site I can talk freely about my herd to people and don't have to feel awkward or super judged for it. Ya' guys are awesome.

Edit: That reminds me, I should show you guys my room sometime, it's hilarious. My walls are wallpapered with posters, I have my guitars/CDs/records/metal magazines everywhere, skulls on everything, and in one corner of my room I have three shelves full of ponies xD REALLY throws people for a loop when they come over. Ah I'm rambling off topic now... >_>

Oh, I REALLY wanna see your room now OvO

...pretty please?

...pretty please with sugar on top? *_*

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »

Oh, I REALLY wanna see your room now OvO

...pretty please?

...pretty please with sugar on top? *_*

xDDD Sure! I'll post pictures here in a bit if you want.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

I'll have to agree with you. I put in some serious years "in the scene" going around to see bands and clubs and stuff, and of the punk, goth, metal, and etc., I found the metal scene to be the least-pretentious, least-fashion oriented, and just about the music. True, there are always some jerks but I really liked the sense of community at a show or a party. Guess that's why that scene is still going strong while some of the others (including the aforementioned) seem to have burned out or become just another t-shirt wall at Hot Topic (worked there in college, too).

Being a former "goth girl," I think it's funny too. I have my black cat decor, my bookshelves full of Jhonen Vasquez and Neil Gaiman, etc., zombie and voodoo posters on the walls, but then in my office and my spare room it's all ponies and Uglydolls and Jem and plushies. I've decided that I don't really have to justify it. They are both parts of who I am and what I enjoy, and anyone who rejects getting to know me based on either one of them is someone who I don't need in my life anyway because they can't appreciate ALL parts of who I am :) 
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »

I'll have to agree with you. I put in some serious years "in the scene" going around to see bands and clubs and stuff, and of the punk, goth, metal, and etc., I found the metal scene to be the least-pretentious, least-fashion oriented, and just about the music. True, there are always some jerks but I really liked the sense of community at a show or a party. Guess that's why that scene is still going strong while some of the others (including the aforementioned) seem to have burned out or become just another t-shirt wall at Hot Topic (worked there in college, too).

Being a former "goth girl," I think it's funny too. I have my black cat decor, my bookshelves full of Jhonen Vasquez and Neil Gaiman, etc., zombie and voodoo posters on the walls, but then in my office and my spare room it's all ponies and Uglydolls and Jem and plushies. I've decided that I don't really have to justify it. They are both parts of who I am and what I enjoy, and anyone who rejects getting to know me based on either one of them is someone who I don't need in my life anyway because they can't appreciate ALL parts of who I am :) 

Dude. You like Jhonen Vasquez??? I love you. O.O Especially cause I remember you mentioning you liked Clerks too! I've actually talked to Jhonen before, he's a super nice guy. Quirky, but nice and awesome. xD
Do you like Mindless Self Indulgence or the Left Rights at all? They're kind of punk-ish bands, Jhonen's directed a few music videos for them and he does art for them occasionally. The Left Rights and MSI are pretty much the same band except LynZ and Kitty are gone from The Left Rights.

I will admit, there was a briefbrief month or two where I found myself grouped in with the "goths" or "emos" for a while too, I found it way too depressing and boring and then a friend reintroduced me to rock and metal, it's where I've stayed ever since. I was a rocker before, strayed off and explored around a bit, and I'm back to it now and nothing's better. xD For me, at least.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:01:54 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »

Yeah, I've also noticed that the metal community is really the one that is mostly there because it enjoys the music above everything else. And they are usually quite friendly and helpful, too !

I must admit, I don't know to what extent there are a lot of metalheads that love ponies as well, but... That is just plain awesome, isn't it? xD

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »

Yeah, I've also noticed that the metal community is really the one that is mostly there because it enjoys the music above everything else. And they are usually quite friendly and helpful, too !

I must admit, I don't know to what extent there are a lot of metalheads that love ponies as well, but... That is just plain awesome, isn't it? xD

Lol, thank you!

Oh, since you wanted to see my room I took pictures for ya'. xD Is Photobucket linking allowed? Like to actually link to the page the pictures are on? There's nothing else on my PB.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 04:22:02 PM »

Lol, thank you!

Oh, since you wanted to see my room I took pictures for ya'. xD Is Photobucket linking allowed? Like to actually link to the page the pictures are on? There's nothing else on my PB.

I think it's alright, never saw anyone having trouble with it.

OH BOY AM I CURIOUS NOW LOL

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »
I want to see the room too!!! :D
and i have to adree with all of you guys, when it comes to music communities, metal seems to be the friendliest and least pretentious one, and i've been in a few alternative and underground communities - most of which I eventually left with disgust. So yes, hooray for metal and hooray for ponies :) especially together :D
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal