collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What generations do you collect?  (Read 883 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What generations do you collect?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 09:53:21 PM »
all of them  :biggrin:

:cry: that sad about G3.5, how disturbing,  i love them all, it took me years to like g2 and now i love them, i took me years to like g3 now i have 2 dozen of them. i love new born cuties too but my big fave are vintage then the new-bees  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i think its awesome to see them through the ages...................... and stages

*grabby hands at deflocked Cupcake* :dribble: I love your Sky Skimmer too, she's the next G2 I'm after! :lovey:

I collect all but G3.5 :) Well, I only have one G2 at the moment, but I do want some more :biggrin:
My Wish List

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »
I'm a g4 collector but I do have 2 g3's and 1 g1. I do love g1 ponies but I'm fighting the urge to collect them  :lol:

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 10:33:35 PM »
I mainly collect g1 and g3.  The majority of my collection is g1 and those are what I get most excited about but I have a decent g3 collection.  :)

I collect g4s as well but if the g4 line stopped tomorrow, I wouldn't be heartbroken.

I have 1 g2 ( Princess Twinkle Star) but they're starting to grow on me.  Would love to own all of the winged ones; I think they're lovely.  :)

I do not collect g3.5.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »
G1's only - had to draw the looking G2's and while G3's are great I could never get over the fact the symbol was only on one side and G4's look like deer to me.  So I will stay dedicated to my G1's forever!
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 02:15:42 AM »
Currently G1, G2 and G3.
I actually didn't like G2, then I found one at a fleamarket and took her home despite being a G2, and now I suddenly find them on my want list. I'm not sure how that happened.  :blink:

I've tried going for G4, but I bought one Fluttershy, and now I just, can't get myself excited to get any more. I think they're cute but, I simply like the older generation toys better. There's also the fact that a single loose G4 still tends to go for 8 or so euros, over 10 dollars, over here. A price I find hard to justify for such a small toy, since I'm on a tight budget currently.

I'd much rather allow myself a visit to the charity shop on occasion, to pick up some older gen ponies for 1 or 2 euro a piece. My collection is still very small, so if they have ponies, there's usually one I don't have yet, and I don't at all mind having to give a new addition a bit of tlc.

StarberryTart

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 02:25:44 AM »
I started my adult collection with G4 and had forgotten that I owned G1s until I was going through the wiki and saw Skydancer and Starshine and the nostalgia hit me like a truck. When I went looking for Starshine on ebay, I saw she had a plushie and I remembered that I had a Parasol and Firefly plushie as a kid.

But as for collecting I collect G1, G3, and G4. I'm almost done with my G4 brushable collection and only getting started on my G1 and G3 collection, though I've found that it's quite easy to get started, what with the arena and ebay and all that. ;)

It might take me a bit to get used to G2 and G3.5, though. G3.5 reminds me of frogs or something. Ducks, maybe? I dunno. I just can't really like it.  >_<

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:52 AM »
I collect all four. I also always move on to the next gen when it gets released.
Good thing i'm not a completist.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 02:32:33 AM »
G1 and G4, though I mostly focus on Rarity and stallions (I also collect G2 for this since it had boy ponies). I dabbled in collecting G3 but I just don't have the space. I have kept a few of my favourites and will buy them if I really fancy them. That said, I do collect art/con ponies, which are mostly G3 style!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 05:30:50 AM »
I only really collect G1 and G3. I only keep some G2s from my childhood and that I find pretty, otherwise they find their way in my trade/sale list.
I absolutely do not like G3.5 and G4, they are on the same level of ugliness and un-ponyness to me although I would probably keep the G4s if I found them at a thrift store, unlike G3.5 so I guess I do like them marginally more.

Also, shameless promo, I have cheap G2s for sale or trade on my page, so check them out if you're interested :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 05:55:37 AM »
G1 and G4 here, at the moment more leaning towards G1.
I like diversity and vintage charm of G1, and due to bigger size they look better on the shelf. Also - childhood nostalgia.

As for G4, I see them mostly in context of FiM. I'm mainly interested in show characters, and those, that are somewhat "rare" i.e. EU/US exclusives. I think, the look of G4 is good, but as far as toys are concerned they somehow lack the "soul" and their quality is often poor. If it wasn't for the show, I would probably be disappointed with G4 ponies.
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline bluemoon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 06:22:55 AM »
G1 mainly but I rescue others :)
Creator of Bluemoon PonyBeads!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 06:32:56 AM »
Also, shameless promo, I have cheap G2s for sale or trade on my page, so check them out if you're interested

Ha Ha!  Shameless promo worked as I just sent you a PM!

I will always be a G1 collector at heart, anytime I can pick up something G1 that takes priority.  I also actively collect G3, G4 (only the ones I like) and though they are not my favorite I own most of the G3.5 line since I bought them when they were in stores.  I recently have decided I like G2's and am starting to add those to my collection as well.  I am a completist collector so I will be collecting for a loooooonnngggg time!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 06:33:08 AM »
I'll take any ponies into my herd! I started with G4 and quickly started to love G1. Right now though I'm kinda in this pony lull where I haven't bought any in a while (save for my fiance surprising me with a darling Creamsicle for Christmas <3), but I wanna lean more towards getting more G1s, some G2s and a few G3s. I'm sorry G4s, I have my Mane Six already. Though I do want my pretty princesses...

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 06:52:23 AM »
I collect ALL, although G4s are a lot more interesting as customs. I buy a lot of replicates for customs, and while the Mane 6 idea is bad, I love that Hasbro keeps Rarity in constant supply because seriously, white unicorn bodies are SO GREAT for EVERYTHING!

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2013, 07:01:29 AM »
I collect G2's mainly, they are beautiful and my favourite generation. I also have some G3's from thrift stores and some G4's, but G2's will always be my number one generation :lovey:
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal