collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PUDDLE Convention Custom--Input?  (Read 338 times)

DGRequiem

• Trade Count: (0)
PUDDLE Convention Custom--Input?
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Great Customizing Challenge! by RequiemArt.com, on Flickr

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of PUDDLE, but it's an annual Pullip convention in the Chicago area.  I did a custom to donate the year before last, and I'm doing one this year, too.  And since I'm going to be snowed in for quite some time, I decided to work on it this weekend!

Now, I'm not sure what heads it will become. I know one of them is going to be a zombie. Both might be zombies. Not sure, honestly. Which is where you guys all come in.

So the following rules apply:
1. I must have the supplies on hand. There is a state emergency declared and stores everywhere are shut down. Can't leave the house, gotta work with what I've got. Which is a lot, because I stockpile art supplies, but still.

2. Cheaper is better. As much fun as I had making PUDDLES, she didn't raise as much as a raffle doll as she would have if I had just sold her and donated the money to PUDDLE. So I will be using bait head, donated body from Birdie, etc.  This is basically a MacGuyver'd doll (but that doesn't mean they don't come out well--this was the last one I did)

3. People have to want it when it's done. So it can be more of a niche appeal, but it still has to have appeal. People have to want to buy tickets so that it will raise money for PUDDLE.

So far, we've got a tree doll idea. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

tree by RequiemArt.com, on Flickr
It's a really cool concept, but I'm not sure if people will actually want it, instead of just to look at it and go "wow that's cool" before moving on to the next standard lolita type doll, y'know?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:18:24 PM by DGRequiem »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: PUDDLE Convention Custom--Input?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »
Whats PUDDLE's theme this year?

DGRequiem

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
Owls.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
I think the tree could be cute then. Especially if she had nice big golden eyes like an owl.

Rosse

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
God I love your Duela, I can't wait to see what you come up with this year! I'm afraid I don't have any ideas right now though, so tired...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal