collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Avatar Exchange, Round 4 - Partners Sent!!!  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
The Avatar Exchange, Round 4 - Partners Sent!!!
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
The Avatar Exchange!

Basically, this works much like the ATC swap, with the exception of mailing - whether your artwork is traditional or digital, it will all be delivered here!  Each round you'll get a secret partner (who you will keep secret until you reveal the avatar) and will have three weeks to deliver an avatar based on your partner's form.

Guidelines:

-You should deliver two versions of your icon: a 150x150 version for use here at the Arena (under 60k, please) and a larger, un-cropped version.  If you do pixel ponies, the second can be waived as a larger version may not exist.
-If you have a current adoptable, please do not use the lines from it to complete this trade.  On that note, you should only use original (by you) artwork only, please.
-Please deliver on time.  If you have not delivered on time for the round, your ability to participate in future exchanges will be suspended until you make up your part.
-Artwork should abide by Arena standards of content, of course. 
-Please don't use DeviantArt to link to reference pictures or host your final avatar.  Sometimes DA messes up and you can't view the image.  Try a free service somewhere instead, please.
-Your sign-up post should contain the word icebox somewhere in order to signify to me that you've read the rules.
-Do not reveal your partner before you're done!  If you have any questions, please message me and I can PM your partner. 
-Post your finished avatar to this thread when you are finished.  You may post the avatar up to three days before the deadline, but no earlier, please.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in this thread!

Dates:

Sign-ups:  now through Tuesday, February 12th, at 9:00 pm EST
Partners Sent: between sign-up close and 5 pm the next day
Working: Feb 12th through March 3rd
Final Posting Deadline: Sunday, March 3rd by 11:00 pm EST

Sign-ups go in this thread!  Please do not PM them to me.  Thanks!

Form:

Arena name:

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum):

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?)

Brief Character Description:

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.  These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

Anything you don't like?

Any other info?

Participants:
1. [strike]Eviecorn[/strike] Done!
2. Rosierjay
3. [strike]Skelletonimp[/strike] Done!
4. [strike]tsukikakushi[/strike] Done!
5. [strike]ZennaBug[/strike] Done!
6. [strike]Marigold[/strike] Done!
7. HipsterDerpy
8. [strike]Griffin[/strike] Done!
9. [strike]Corona[/strike] Done!
(more spots added if more participants want in)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:52:10 AM by Eviecorn »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: The Avatar Exchange, Round 4 - Sign-ups Open!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »
not gonna miss it this time.

Form:

Arena name: Rosierjay

drawing
Pixel Art
Ponies

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?)
people, still trying to perfect pony art. more toony. start traditional color digital. i'm made gifs but not often. had several seasons of only pixel work. very time consuming, but not impossible.

pony characters i like are
G1 baby blossom- as a boy, shy, but a trouble maker. he's a little older than the cutie mark crusaders, best friend is Baby stripes (also portrayed as a boy in my world).
G4 Rainbow wishes personality wise she's a cross between rarity and twilight sparkle
very much a lady, but loves new experiences and adventure. will get her hooves dirty if she has to, but never misses a bath. xD
G4 Twilight sky- big brother type but still a teen pony. fancies Rainbow Wishes. pretty down to earth, but not the most observant pony in town. (didn't realize that RW was a unicorn. oops)

(sorry part a fan-fic i'm writing)

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):
Baby Blossom
Rainbow wishes
Twilight Sky

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.  These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

1.dogs (cute, fluffy and blonde)
2.Foxes
3. love orange
4. super heros. spiderman's my fav.
5.fish?
6. emotion- surprise. or embarrassment.

Anything you don't like?
spiders, zombies etc. not a big cat person.

Any other info?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:15:17 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:44:50 AM »
Arena name: Skelletonimp

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz272/bcbshane13/My%20Art/

I use traditional media, I can do toony and semi-realistic.

Lady Lollipop is a bit goofy, a little clumsy, smart, playfull, emotional and cares about others.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz272/bcbshane13/newestrefsheetwithextrainformation_zpsa42691a9.jpg

1.Music
2.Nature
3.Valentine's Day (it's almost here!)
4.My rats  ( http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz272/bcbshane13/Overig/ )
5. Rainbow swirl lollipops
6. make-uping

Anything you don't like?
Gore stuff

Any other info?

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
Form:

Arena name: Eviecorn

Link to Gallery: Not Arena apropos.

What are your specialities? Anthro and pony art, more toony than realistic.  I can do both traditional and digital art, along with basic animation.

Brief Character Description: Eviecorn is a muted bluish-purplish-grey unicorn with multicolored dreadlocks.  She is very much like a fell pony in body type, and has shaggy fetlocks.  Her cutie mark is a Mario-esque star with a fire trail.  She always wears her wooden bead necklace and her pink paisley headband.  She is sweet-natured, inquisitive, mellow, highly intelligent and deep, and quietly happy.

Character Reference Pic: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/asbestos_thug/Haterade%20Pony/eviecornucopia/8e56c580.jpg

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.

1. Tacos and tequila
2. Evie and her ... ahem ... pony girlfriend, Cloudchaser
3. Glowy things
4. Monochromatic with a pensive mood

Anything you don't like? Not a fan of G3.5 art style, and not a fan of humanizations of ponies.  Not a fan of overtly girly things.

Any other info? Someone go get me a cold one out of the icebox.

Art commissions!

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
I'll play again :)
Arena name: Tsukikakushi

Link to Gallery: http://tsukikakushi.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?: I do traditional art only at this time. I can do cartoony or realistic ponies or other critters. Not so good with drawing people. I love working with chalks, but can do pencils & paintings also. Most of the stuff in my gallery is pretty old or just quick sketches. I'll definatly up the ante for this swap

Brief Character Description: Tsuki is an olive green earth pony, with fly away brown mane & bob tail. She also has brown ear tufts. Can be  pretty quiet & aloof, unless she knows you really well. Enjoys reading, animals, all manner of art, video games, & staring into space thinking of her next big project.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!): http://tsukikakushi.deviantart.com/gallery/24019354

1. Space, stars, planets etc.
2. Carfty things. ie: sewing, plush making, crochet, art
3. Fav colors-blue, silver, black, green
4. daydreaming

Anything you don't like? I don't like anything overly girly, such as pink & glitter. Though in moderation they're fine. Not a huge fan of pony anthros, unless they're super realistic looking.
Any other info?: I put ice in my icebox. What do you do with yours?
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
Arena name:  ZennaBug

Link to Gallery:  http://runeelf.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?  Mostly ponies, though I can draw other critters too.  :)  My style is probably more cartoony than anything else and I usually do traditional art.

Brief Character Description:  Vessa is a yellow unicorn with green hair and blue socks/blaze/spots.  She wears a pink tail bow and has no particular magic to speak of.  She's happy and loves animals.

Character Reference Pic:  http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/ZennaBug/MLP%20Drawings/VessaRef.png

1.  Spring
2.  St. Patrick's Day
3.  My dogs, if you feel like being super fancy.
4.  Rainbows
5.  Sparkles
6.  80's Style (lol)

Anything you don't like?  Gore freaks me out!  I'm indifferent to anthro.

Any other info?  I'm ready for spring, my feet feel like they're in an icebox!  :blink:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
Form: I like the episode of Little House where the pretty sweet Belinda gets shut in the icebox. I guess technically it was an ice house.

Arena name: Marigold

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum): I don't have one. http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318426.msg603181.html#msg603181

I like to draw G1 style ponies in ink and colored pencil or my own style of ponies like in my ref picture. Traditional art. 

Orange eyes
Spiraled unicorn horn
Hoof and legs grade from a slightly darker blush peachy pink into a pale blush peachy pink body.
Very long flowing hair in light gray, dark gray, blonde and brown.
Marigold symbol.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh519/MarigoldPony/mar_zps4efaff69.png

1. Surrounded by crystals
2. Sleeping or walking in flower field
3. Wind
4. Space and sparking stars, or sparkling snow, or just sparkles
5. In a tower
6. I'd love to see her done with all her hair and tail in a long braid. Like the hairstyle MoongazerthePony used for Gypsy in this post, but longer: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,322119.0.html

Anything you don't like?
I'm not big on anthros.  No G3.5. I don't like big heads on small bodies. Not a fan of chibis or cutesy cute.

Any other info?  I like unique styles so if you want to do her in a stylized way that is okay. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:12:17 PM by Marigold »

HipsterDerpy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 02:00:35 PM »

Arena name: HipsterDerpy

http://omgwtflols.deviantart.com/gallery/

In the past I’ve done a lot of toy customizing and some ATC trades. I’ve done anthro art in the past and want to get back into it. I can draw both realistic and toony and generally follow whatever style that the cartoon is from (if its fanart). At cons when I draw in sketchbooks, its usually toony. I’ve also dabbled in Pixel art and know how to make gifs but genereally don’t.

:muffin: Pony, as a hipster. She can be dressed up in costumes. She can be happy, as long as she has the big glasses! The more ridiculous and over the top cute, the better!

Just google :muffin: Pony hooves :3

1. Book reading
2. Being a princess
3. Television
4. Crayons
5. Dress up
6. Sleeping

Anything you don't like?

Nope!

Any other info?

I like cheese.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
One more day for sign-ups!  :cheer:

Art commissions!

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 02:28:26 PM »
Last minute sign-ups again  :lol: I want to play! But I'm lazy and can't think outside the icebox so I'll just copy and paste my form from the previous thread... just changing the themes, of course!

Arena name: Griffin

http://haawan.deviantart.com

What are your specialities? Ponies and semi-realistic animals. I can draw humans, too, but I prefer not to draw anthro art. Human version of a pony would be fine, and clothed ponies too, of course! I mainly work in traditional media, but I can do simple digital art. Cannot do pixels, vectors or animation.

Brief Character Description: Aithne is a sand brown unicorn with dark legs and a white blaze, striped hair in autumn colours, and a symbol that features a black cat curled around a Celtic triquetra knot. She's calm and caring and gets well along with most animals. She loves learning and reading and enjoys autumn and winter time in particular.

Character Reference Pic: http://haawan.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d2ljrie

List three to six possible themes for your avatar. These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

(I'm stealing one from Zenna... ;) )
1. St. Patrick's Day or anything Celtic inspired
2. Cats
3. Drawing/painting/any artistic activity
4. Medieval
5. Chocolate

Anything you don't like? Anthropomorphic, G3.5 style, heavily animated (looks too busy to me... small animated effects like blinking, falling snowflakes etc. are ok, though.)

:happy:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »
Almost out of the icebox with my big paper, I can make time for another round! Just the same form as last time with a little edit.

Form:

Arena name: Corona

Link to Gallery: My DeviantART

What are your specialities?: G4-ish ponies. I do lineless or lined artwork and a variety of different chading techniques. All my work is 100% digital.

Brief Character Description: Freebird is loyal and will take the reins when a friend or her family needs a helping hoof. She likes small groups of friends but needs her alone time to work on her creative projects as well. Though sometimes she can come off as argumentative and sarcastic, she's warm, talkative, and easygoing with her friends.

Character Reference Pic: Ref of Freebird

List three to six possible themes for your avatar: Tea, Japan, video games, 1920's/American history, bugs

Anything you don't like?: No 3.5 style please! Otherwise go nuts!

Any other info?: Have fun with it! I'm not picky at all. c:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:09:07 PM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Exchange, Round 4 - Partners Sent!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 02:30:22 PM »
Partners have been sent!  Let me know if you need anything!

Art commissions!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Got my partner!  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »
I am on a roll.  I am done!

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 07:08:47 AM »
I've got my final sketch done, just need to color.
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal