collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beddy-Bye Eye replacements?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Beddy-Bye Eye replacements?
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
Hola, ponypeople!

I got a cute little super-rusty Baby Frosting recently, and I got him all cleaned up - except for his eyes, which were almost (literally!) falling apart with rust. >_<  So now he's eyeless Baby Frosting, although I jammed some brightly coloured beads into his poor little eye sockets to at least put something less horrifying than that de-eyed BBE stare into place... and now I'm wondering...

Does anypony make replacements for doll's sleepy-eyed eyes?  Or just plain mini glass eyes?  Or does anypony know of something besides beads I could use for replacements?

Thanks! ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Beddy-Bye Eye replacements?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:02 PM »
Following this.  Pics of baby?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:42:14 AM »
I once customized some glass-eyed fakies by popping the eyes out and then creating a new surface with clay. Be careful to wear gloves while you are patting the clay in so as to not leave behind fingerprints. Then simply paint them and you're done!

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:16:52 AM »
Pink Kitty Winks on here does the most amazing de-beddy bye eye restorations  :)

But if you want replacement blinking eyes maybe someone in the dollhouse maybe able to help? I personally wouldn't know where to look for them x

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:30:28 AM »
Oh I know all about removing BBEs XD They are about as hard to put in as they are to take out!
I've managed to put BBEs back into BBE ponies but ran into problems doing so...

You can fill the sockets with clay as others have said... It's probably one of the easiest routs to go.
I don't think I've seen someone use glass eyes but I have seen some turn BBEs into Baby TE Ponies
I do know a site that sells BBEs for dolls but I've never personally ordered from them: Click here

If you are planning on giving her new BBEs my best advise for you is to don't go through the trouble of pushing the eyes back into the sockets... If the pony's plastic is hard you will have a harder time with it... I've read how some replace the eyes on bigger dolls by cutting a slit in the top or bottom of the eye socket but I don't know how well that will work for a BBE Pony...

Hope this helps
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 06:08:09 AM »
I say turn her into a TE pony!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
I'd make her a non-bbe. I think she'd look cute that way. Agree with others, check over on the dollhouse forum.
(If you do find something suitable to replace you can always try super hot water to soften up her head and then you may be able to slip those eyes right back in.) Maybe you can go for a corny set of (flat backed) googley eyes to slip in there...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »
I agree with making her a non bbe - here is a good tutorial for that http://www.mlptp.net/tutorials/bbetonbbe.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
I need a bbe to google eye.  Cookie Monster pony! 

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
@ everypony:  Thank you for the suggestions! ^.^  I really don't know what to do with Frosting, he's so cute and I'm so scared to mess him up...  Fortunately, I have a Half-Note in so-so condition that I can practice on, muahaha!

@ Rybett:  I'm lousy with taking photos in any sort of timeline, but I'll try and get a snap of Frosting up by the weekend?  He has these sort of lucite-looking beads with a pink-and-white firework/flower pattern in the middle for the moment - they matched his symbols! - and though I kind of do like them, I still can't help but feel that he's not seeing properly. :blush:  Silly, I know, since he's a toy and all, but it's stronger than I am. :lol:

@ sd_dreamcrystal:  Thank you for the link to the doll supply place!  I've messaged them about the eyes, and will keep everypony posted on how it pans out. ^.^  TE was another idea I'd been messing around with, but I didn't have any faceted beads big enough to hand.  (I'd actually put some - no pun intended - pony beads in, and they're almost but not quite big enough.  Otherwise he'd have irridescent rainbow-clear eyes after a fashion... oh well, more experimentation this way, yay! ^.^)

@ hathorcat:  Thank you for the NBBE tutorial!  I've got a Tiddley-Winks that I'll try this out on (a sad victim of a much earlier attempt to remove rusty eyes, back before I knew about boiling ponies to soften their plastic... >_<)  She deserves a brand-new lease on pony life... and when it gets warmer in my workspace, I will do it. *nods decisively*

@ mlp4me:  Google eyes... I love it!  The next double BBE I get is destined for this! :biggrin:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »
I just bought some BBEs to normal-eyes.  Normalize?  Whatever!  Wondering if a combo of clay and a slightly smaller gem would work.   Need to buy some google eyes as well.  Any idea how big?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
An old post with someone measuring them says the iris size is 1cm

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=71993.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »
Cool!  Multi pack of eyes purchased.  Now to see what else I can do with them.  Argus pony?

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 06:09:40 AM »
@ rybett:  You asked, and I'm infernally slow to upload photos (:blush:), but here's Frosting with her current eyewear. ^.^

Not appalling, but not optimal either.

I did get a reply from the doll's-eye place, and next month I'll be plunking down for some eyes to play with. ;)  Will keep everypony posted!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:36 AM »
Good luck Sugar, I'll be keeping tabs as I do have a childhood BBE I need to fix up XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal