collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This might be a silly question but...  (Read 514 times)

MissWhiteMascara

• Trade Count: (0)
This might be a silly question but...
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »
Okay so I've just turned 16, so I was thinking about selling or maybe trading some dolls that I have. Trading seems straightforward, but I'm wondering how I would go about selling them, should someone want to buy them?

I'm under 18 so I can't use PayPal to receive the money. I have a debit card and a bank account, so what would I do? I live in Australia if that's important.

I'm not planning on selling anything right away (Do you have to be active on this site for a while first?), but I'd still like some advice please. Thanks :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: This might be a silly question but...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 03:09:32 AM »
It's not a silly question  :)

The minimum age to sell is 16.  As of right now we do not have any other rules in play regarding this, such as post count or membership time. I believe this is soon to change though. 

As far as not having a Paypal account that might limit you to only trading.  I know most members prefer to use Paypal for transactions.  It offers protection for those involved if something should go wrong. And we encourage it because there is no other real secure way to send money. 

I am also not aware of any way for you to send or receive money through your bank account, most people have those linked to their Paypal account.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 03:18:45 AM »
Have a look into paypal.. I'm pretty sure you can verify a bank acount, with paypal withdrawing and refunding a small amount, say $2, a couple of times. Once that's done, you just use your paypal like everyone else!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »
You can accept bank deposit payments, but only from Australian buyers. Not sure if PayPal has age restrictions, could you ask family members to help you if that is the case?

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »
Maybe you could see if a parent would be willing to open you a paypal account (with your own bank info and card), and maybe take cash payments from within your own country - if you are comfortable and you feel safe with the Buyer.

With paypal though, I would be very careful to make certain it is your parent because of taxes and fees and so forth.  I would never have an 18-year old friend help me with it if it were me.

However, sometimes trading is far better, especially if you are still collecting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:28:36 AM by Stormy31685 »

sadako

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
you could always use money orders as a last resort. I'm in canada and only buy with money order.

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »
Thanks guys. My mum does have a paypal that she lets me use, but I think it'd be better if I stick to trading or wait two years :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal