collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question for Canadian MH collectors  (Read 1207 times)

monstress_hi

• Trade Count: (0)
Question for Canadian MH collectors
« on: February 04, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »
Hi Folks from Canada,

I am from Ontario (Toronto) but have had troubles finding/seeing an actual Jinafire in store. I have tried several Walmarts in/out of my neighbourhood, and have seen all other Scaris City MH dolls in store EXCEPT Jinafire...

Has anyone in Canada and especially those from Toronto seen her? I'm not sure if I want her but I would really love to have a look at her in real...

I'm just wondering if Jinafire has ever come to Canada along with other Scaris City ghouls, or she's just being sold out everywhere SUPER FAST here?  :huh:
Please help out. Many thanks!

Lilac-Mint

Re: Question for Canadian MH collectors
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
Hi! I'm over in AB and I've yet to see Jinafire or Skellita yet :< The only deluxe Scaris girls I've seen are Frankie and Catrine. I'm hoping that if they didn't come they will later on.

hamsteh

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
I don't know if it'll help much, buut ~

I'm in the UK and in one particular store (Argos) as far as I know, we had the Scaris minus Jinafire in stock about mid-January. I know for a fact that Skelita was there cause my mum bought her, but I can't say for sure on the others.
My mum asked about Jinafire and was told she wasn't going to be stocked until the end of January/start of February, and it looks like she still hasn't come in yet.

Hopefully they're just releasing her later than the rest for whatever reason, maybe it's for a Chinese New Year thing? D: I dunno.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
I haven't seen Jina either, but I've seen Skelita/Clawdeen/Frankie/Rochelle a few times both before and after Christmas (last time was last week). They do go fast, but I'm pretty sure that we're only getting the assortment without Jina right now. Which is silly and hopefully it will change  >_<
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »
The Jina assortments are supposedly only just rolling out right now. Only a few places have spotted them so far, but I thinks Toys Toys Toys in Toronto was one of them!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
Yay! Excellent news! This differently-assorted assortment thing is annoying XD

Trystrid

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
I'm in Ottawa and was able to get Jinafire a little more than a week ago at Walmart. As she started rolling in in the western provinces, someone on the MH Canada Facebook group took a photo of her barcode. With that, we were able to get an employee to open up one of the boxes in the back. She was only one in a new case of scaris deluxe dolls. There were other scaris boxes and their stock said they had 11 more Jinafires in stock. Since then, I have not seen her on the shelves at all. The Walmarts here seem to be doing a toy re-set, which could explain the slowness.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:58:27 PM »
I'm in Ottawa and was able to get Jinafire a little more than a week ago at Walmart. As she started rolling in in the western provinces, someone on the MH Canada Facebook group took a photo of her barcode. With that, we were able to get an employee to open up one of the boxes in the back. She was only one in a new case of scaris deluxe dolls. There were other scaris boxes and their stock said they had 11 more Jinafires in stock. Since then, I have not seen her on the shelves at all. The Walmarts here seem to be doing a toy re-set, which could explain the slowness.

A fellow Ottawaian? Welcome to the board! What Walmart did you find Jina in?

Trystrid

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:22:44 PM »
Hello! Thanks. My husband was able to get an employee at the Baseline Walmart to open a box in the back. And she was the same employee who got us Catrine from the back as well.  :blush: I can be a little neurotic. BUT, as far as I know, Jinafire is not being put on the shelves very quickly. A woman from the FB group acquired her Jinafire from an employee who did the same for her and she lives in Orleans. I have not seen Jinafire out in the wild, as it were.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:12 PM »
Hi! I'm over in AB and I've yet to see Jinafire or Skellita yet :< The only deluxe Scaris girls I've seen are Frankie and Catrine. I'm hoping that if they didn't come they will later on.

I am also in AB and have seen all the Scaris dolls locally.  Jinafire I've only seen twice though, and Skelita I've seen about four of in the stores.  I've been stalking pretty hard the past week or two looking for Catrine, usually during the day while my husband's at work, so that might be why I've seen more of them than you.  They are here though! 

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

I am also in AB and have seen all the Scaris dolls locally.  Jinafire I've only seen twice though, and Skelita I've seen about four of in the stores.  I've been stalking pretty hard the past week or two looking for Catrine, usually during the day while my husband's at work, so that might be why I've seen more of them than you.  They are here though! 

Oh that makes me so happy to hear! I actually got Catrine at Walmart about a week ago! So she is here as well! I'm going hunting tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers I can find them! :D

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 03:59:51 AM »
I don't know if it'll help much, buut ~

I'm in the UK and in one particular store (Argos) as far as I know, we had the Scaris minus Jinafire in stock about mid-January. I know for a fact that Skelita was there cause my mum bought her, but I can't say for sure on the others.
My mum asked about Jinafire and was told she wasn't going to be stocked until the end of January/start of February, and it looks like she still hasn't come in yet.

Hopefully they're just releasing her later than the rest for whatever reason, maybe it's for a Chinese New Year thing? D: I dunno.

So weird! It seems to be like this for all of europe? At least in germany I managed to find all of the Scaris Dolls in store, even Deuce, but I never saw a single Jina! And in the webshops she's listed as pre-order only while you can already buy the others.. seems she just has a later release date than the others for the EU in general. oO

Anyways, maybe it's the same in Canada? You also get multilingual boxes, don't you?
Pretty weird none the less.. especially since she has been out in the US for a while now.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »
Yup--we get the English/French/Spanish/Portuguese boxes. Maybe there was some lag in translating just Jina into multilingual boxes? Which would be super weird, but okay, Mattel...  :lol: Hopefully she shows up soon for you guys in Europe too!

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
I'm from southern Ontario and I've yet to see a Jinafire show up in stores, though I have seen Skelita and the other Scaris dolls on shelves. I got mine from my Uncle's store, but we order through a middle supplier called  Everest Wholesale. She does have the Canadian packaging though, so hopefully she'll start showing up more. I just assumed I wasn't seeing her because she was super popular and everyone was grabbing her when they saw her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

monstress_hi

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
THANKS for everyone's input and updates!

I have never checked out Toys Toys Toys but I will from now on! Guess I (we) who haven't seen a Jinafire on shelves yet just need some more patience.

I'd really love to see a Catrine too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal