collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cosplay!  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplay!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 05:31:47 AM »
I cosplayed as Sollux last year, and at the Cardiff comic expo this year I'll be going as Jade and Terezi from Homestuck. My boyfriend will be going as Dave Strider, and I'm so excited as I ship Jade and Terezi with Dave, so I'm looking forward to taking some cute photos! Here's a pic of me as Sollux! I didn't get any good ones unfortunately >.<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
Love the cosplays! This is my fourth year cosplaying. Some of the cosplays I've done in the past are Sango from InuYasha, Tohru from Fruits Basket, Fluttershy both a normal dress and gala dress, Yuna from FFX, Taiga from Toradora, Draculaura and my newest cosplay is Pascal from Tales of Graces f..

I need to fix up my Draculaura some but I totally plan to rewear her again this year!

Awwwwww! You make a perfect Draculaura! :D

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
I've cosplayed a few times and had a lot of fun!
Last year for Otakon I was Misty from Pokemon, and the year before I was Accelerator from Toaru Majutsu no Index/ A Certain Magical Index.

Here's some pics!

Me and my boyfriend are going to be cosplaying Big Mac and Fluttershy at Otakon/Bronycon this year....however I'm having a hard time finding a nice yellow dress for it. :( I just want a simple, yellow, sundress that is modest and nice quality and it seems everywhere I look I can't find one!  (Probably the type of dress I could wear everyday as well as for the cosplay.)
 Anyone have any ideas? =)

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »
I've cosplayed a few times and had a lot of fun!
Last year for Otakon I was Misty from Pokemon, and the year before I was Accelerator from Toaru Majutsu no Index/ A Certain Magical Index.

Here's some pics!

Me and my boyfriend are going to be cosplaying Big Mac and Fluttershy at Otakon/Bronycon this year....however I'm having a hard time finding a nice yellow dress for it. :( I just want a simple, yellow, sundress that is modest and nice quality and it seems everywhere I look I can't find one!  (Probably the type of dress I could wear everyday as well as for the cosplay.)
 Anyone have any ideas? =)

Very cute! For the dress have you thought about secondhand/vintage? You might be able to find one on etsy or similar.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
I had been looking around online trying to find something in my price range that looked nice but I haven't found anything I really like so far.

As far as secondhand, I've checked a few goodwill stores and other thrift shops here, but most of the clothes I find are frumpy old lady clothes, clothes with pee stains (EWW!) or waaaaayyy too big for me. :(

I'm just hoping that once they start putting out Summer clothes I'll have better luck.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
so i decided to post the pic of me in my serah Outfit (from ff 13)  its  all put together. i  ended up haivng to sew lace onto the skirt.
i  pulled htis hwole look  together i think it turned out well ^^

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »
Ooh, Homestucks! Hi! :D

I cosplay a little bit but I've not been to any cons yet. I just enjoy dressing up! Particularly as animals, but I've also got a Nepeta cosplay I wore for Halloween. I've been considering doing god tier Jade for a while too, but I've not really got the money and time right now. I have the dog ears already though!

Dressing up as a pony sounds like fun too...

Apogee

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 07:53:31 AM »
As I said in my introduction I'm a COLOSSAL nerd, as such I'm a huge fan of cosplaying and my friends and I usually get costumed up for the convention season.  If you're in the UK and you've ever been to Collectormania in Milton Keynes or the London Film and Comic Con you may have seen me and my buddies there in various costumes, it's always great fun :D

There are some awesome costumes in this thread, so I thought I'd add a few of mine.  I have quite a few costumes, mostly from various sci-fi shows, and I even tried my hand at a pony costumer for a party over christmas.  I'll put my photos behind spoiler tags as there're quite a few of them ;)

First up is John Crichton from Farscape - my favourite TV show!
John Crichton
This is the one I've spent the most time and money on - though you can't see it, I have a pouch on my belt that came from the screen used costume which I managed to win in an auction AGES ago.

Next up is Cameron Mitchell from Stargate SG-1
Cameron Mitchell
Sadly, I don't have this costume any more. Interestingly though, both Mitchell and Crichton were played by the same actor Ben Browder.

Instead of the SG-1 costume, I now have a Stargate Universe costume
SGU

I have this one from Battlestar Galactica, it's supposed to be the character Sam Anders, but I also have a set of dogtags with own name on them
Sam Anders
This one is actually a screen used costume that I managed to bag at another auction a few years back. I'm also working on making another one to go with this for the Battlestar Pegasus (Rainbow Dash being my favourite pony, I thought that it would be quite fitting  hehe)

One of the simpler and cheaper one's I've put together, Chuck Bartowski from Chuck
Chuck Bartowski
Having worn this one out a few times I've come to the decision that I really hate Converse shoes, I honestly can't see why they're so popular I found them terribly uncomfortable.  The things we do in the name of being a nerd, lol.

I've done a Jack Bauer costume, from season 5 of 24
Jack Bauer
This is pretty much my day to day clothing - only with a pair of aviators and a gun

Many years ago I dressed up as Agent Smith from the Matrix for a Halloween party with my flat mates
Agent Smith

As I said, I also tried my hand at a pony costume over christmas.  Sadly, I didn't manage to get a decent photo of that one but I was going for a humanised Officer Soarin' seen very briefly dancing with Rainbow Dash at the end of A Canterlot Wedding
Spoiler

This one, for reference ;))

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
Oh cool, SG1! Awsome costumes ^  :biggrin:

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 07:06:34 AM »
I don't, but I made a huge mistake and showed Hulalei (10) some cosplays and now she is hooked! She has one for Digger from Gravity Falls, Ed from Full Metal Alchemist  and now she and all her friends have chosen different Fim characters to work on! I think hers is RD.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Glitch

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »
I think cosplaying is like one of the coolest hobbies ever! Unfortunately I have yet to have the opportunity to actually do one. I am working on a Bleach Hallibel Tier (or Harribel Tia) cosplay, the anime version because its less revealing. I like the idea of making your costume instead of buying one so its gonna be a lot of work but in the end I will be incredibly proud of the hard work I've put into it. The mask so far, not including the neck or chest pieces has taken me a couple of hours already and still isn't finished  >_< and next on my to do list is her wig, bought a cheap walmart clearance wig after halloween that I'm going to straighten, cut, add cut hair to places its needed, and style it. Buts its been fun and I have no regrets ^.^

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
I had some motivation today and came up with a super easy new cosplay for a con I'm going to in April. I'm going to be Penny from the Disney movie Bolt :D Went out to the thrift store today and got the shirt and the perfect shorts :) The most expensive part is the Bolt plush... luckily I already have a very large bolt plush to hold :D Hopefully I'll get some pictures during the con :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 08:18:43 PM »
Well, Here's me and my friend cosplaying this weekend as Roxy and Jane from homestuck.. u///u

We got some pics by the enthusiasts on saturday night that looked much better but I kinda like this one hehe..

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
I want to cosplay but I haven't got the skills to make a costume.. And buying one from someone is expensive.

roselalonde

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
Another Homestuck! The only completed cosplay I've done is my dark!Rose. I'm planning on doing Terezi and Roxy in the future, and I'm forcing my boyfriend to do a Davejade couples' cosplay.  :P

I also have a ton of non-homestuck cosplays I want to do, such as Rarity, Fluttershy, Fionna, Princess Bubblegum, Ghoulia, Cadence, Lady Rainicorn, and others that I can't think of right now heh.

Here's a really crappy webcam pic of the top half of my cosplay:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal