collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What do you do for a living?

High School Student
29 (4.8%)
College Student
61 (10.1%)
Graduate Student
28 (4.6%)
Part-Time Work
80 (13.3%)
Full-Time Work
223 (37%)
Both School and Work
48 (8%)
Homemaker
62 (10.3%)
Nothing, but looking for work
49 (8.1%)
Nothing, and not looking
23 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 416

Author Topic: The occupation poll.  (Read 10164 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The occupation poll.
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 05:17:37 PM »
I work part time. And try to get at least 28 or 30 hours a week. I work in a Mental Hospital as a Mental Health Aid. That is pretty much a CNA. I did work full time for a few years and it was just to hard on my body so I went part time.
I work with pt's that regular nursing homes can not handle. So they send them to use to get beat up on............LOL

Its CRAZY were I work!!!!!!

I think that would be a very interesting job! I am sure there are some extremely stressful situations in a career like that, but I think it would also be very interesting. I would love to go into a mental health related field. I'd enjoy being a counselor. As someone who has depression problems, I'd love to be able to help others out as well.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:02 PM »
Grad student and work
Ma in military history
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:57 PM »
I work full-time as a Zookeeper. ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Full time, team lead type position

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2013, 09:04:29 PM »
I just got a full-time job!

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »
I am a full time homemaker, full time animal rescuer, part time care giver to my grandparents, and part time student! Wow, that was a mouth full! I do a little bit of everything I guess! My husband works for Dell and travels a ton! So I am usually by myself. Therefore I take care fo everything thats need doing. I dont like my husband travels so much, but he loves his job and they take very good care of us. So I deal with it. I am almost done with my associates degree (took me almost 12 long years)!!!! This semester I am doing an internship with the Homeless action committee so I will be super busy with this!

Working to rescue and rehabilitate animals takes up most of my time though, which is totally worth every second of it!!! Were trying to have our first baby, so eventually I hope to be busy with a new baby!!! I keep trying to be hopeful about this!!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:55 AM »
I work part time. And try to get at least 28 or 30 hours a week. I work in a Mental Hospital as a Mental Health Aid. That is pretty much a CNA. I did work full time for a few years and it was just to hard on my body so I went part time.
I work with pt's that regular nursing homes can not handle. So they send them to use to get beat up on............LOL

I think that would be a very interesting job! I am sure there are some extremely stressful situations in a career like that, but I think it would also be very interesting. I would love to go into a mental health related field. I'd enjoy being a counselor. As someone who has depression problems, I'd love to be able to help others out as well.

Yes my job is never boaring. It it very hard on the body though. I hurt my back two years ago and its never gotten better. I had to go part time due to it. I was sick all the time also and missing alot of work. This part time is working alot better for me know. But I am still in alot of pain everyday. These people that I work with have alzheimer's and dementia. They do not know what is going on around them anymore and fight all the time when we try to help them. It is very rewarding when I do get a smile or a hug once in a while :)

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2013, 01:18:54 AM »
I work full time a costa shop. Our assistant manager just left. I'm on the course in march and will be filling the assistant manager position. So pleased. :)

Offline keniakittykat

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:58 AM »
I graduated from art school, but I'm doing exams for a high school business degree. I'm still looking for a job, but I sell artwork (like miniature dragons, paintings and art prints and such) on the side.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:30:26 AM by keniakittykat »

Chikecion

« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2013, 03:42:56 AM »
I'm still a High School Student, I've got a pretty good idea what I wanna work with in the future though.  :)

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2013, 06:16:13 AM »
I am a homemaker, youth pastor's assistant (volunteer work helping my husband with youth group, kids club, and after-school program). These take up most of my time. We don't have kids yet, so I'm sure I am not as busy as many of you. We are thinking about adopting, though, so I am researching that now too.

Making money wise, I  have a part time job cleaning the church every week. I am also supposed to be making the whole art career thing work, but I never make enough time to actually paint. If I get my act together and start painting regularly, I hope to sell art at a local gallery. I am pretty confident in my training and abilities, my work is comparable to some of the better stuff around here. I just need to make my lazy self actually create something sellable. My goal is to paint/do some form of art 9-12 hrs a week.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2013, 06:48:14 AM »

Yes my job is never boaring. It it very hard on the body though. I hurt my back two years ago and its never gotten better. I had to go part time due to it. I was sick all the time also and missing alot of work. This part time is working alot better for me know. But I am still in alot of pain everyday. These people that I work with have alzheimer's and dementia. They do not know what is going on around them anymore and fight all the time when we try to help them. It is very rewarding when I do get a smile or a hug once in a while :)

My grandmother has dementia. She has mostly bad days now. :/ Since her husband left her to raise four children by herself (until she got remarried) she has never really trusted men. She doesn't get along with the male nurses, and sometimes she gets upset when she sees my dad, she doesn't recognize him. Dad does get some silly calls about her sometimes, like one time she smacked another patient, a man, across the face. Another time someone took her donut right out of her hand, she took it back and the person hit her! It's a crazy disease though, and I appreciate what you do. :)

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »
I work full-time as a Zookeeper. ^-^
Agh so jealous over here :P I'd love to work in a zoo.

Me, personally, I'm a stay-at-home mom. But I also have a little business I run out of my basement. I sharpen circular saw blades!
Really? That is something I never would have made a connection with you about.
Okay, also I must remember never to annoy you :P

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »

My grandmother has dementia. She has mostly bad days now. :/ Since her husband left her to raise four children by herself (until she got remarried) she has never really trusted men. She doesn't get along with the male nurses, and sometimes she gets upset when she sees my dad, she doesn't recognize him. Dad does get some silly calls about her sometimes, like one time she smacked another patient, a man, across the face. Another time someone took her donut right out of her hand, she took it back and the person hit her! It's a crazy disease though, and I appreciate what you do. :)

Well thank you LadySatine!  Yes its a crazy and sad disease.  And you will be surprised at how fast it can change someone. It can one person years to get back and another just a year. We have one guy that was totally fine two years ago and now he is not even sure who he is. Oh and crazy silly things do happen. We have to make bad things funny. You have to seem the humor in it or you can not do that job. I enjoy it most of the time and do laugh alot!!!

Offline starhopper

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:13 PM »
i was a stay at home mom for 10 years! and a full time student. 2 classes away from my ba, finacial difficulties hit. i now work ay babies r us and i LOVE it! gonna finish my degree, but stay with the company. i work part time, averaging about 20 - 24 hours a week. would love to go up in the company.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal