collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else collect Tammy?  (Read 386 times)

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
Does anyone else collect Tammy?
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:23 PM »
I was just wondering if there were any other Tammy collectors or appreciators around here? I discovered her via some Barbie collecting friends on Flickr and fell in love. Tammy was made by Ideal Toys from 1962-1966 as an answer to Barbie. Tammy is described as more 'wholesome' than Barbie solely based on her less busty appearance and more 'realistic' teenage figure.

To be fair, Barbie is meant to be around 18 or 19 and Tammy is 15 or so. But apparently a lot of parents preferred dolls like Tammy. I love them both equally! And I like to think that Barbie and Tammy (despite their many differences including age and the size of their heads) would get along well instead of viewing each other as competition. Tammy is also the basis for the original Sindy doll - apparently children in the UK were surveyed and found the original Barbie a bit off-putting (I personally like her no-nonsense expression) and preferred Tammy so Ideal licensed Pedigree to make Sindy and that's where she started.

...sorry for the history lesson! This is my Tammy collection so far:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tammy & friends by Andi B. Goode, on Flickr
At the back we have a brunette Tammy wearing an original Tammy outfit, 3 of her best friend Misty (who was a bit more glamorous like Barbie), and a blonde Pos'n Tammy (she has wire in her arms and legs). At the front are my two Peppers, Tammy's little sister. She also had a brother and a mum and dad, but I don't have any of those, yet.

And I've even got a few Tammy (or possibly Sindy) clones wearing dresses from yet another clone doll (Calico Lassie, a mail-order doll from Kellogs)

Tammy Clones by Andi B. Goode, on Flickr

Also, I had a look for another thread about Tammy and couldn't find one - hopefully I didn't miss it. You can see more of my Tammy photos at my Flickr
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else collect Tammy?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
I keep meaning to get a Tammy doll, many at the next doll show. Lovely collection by the way.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline daydreamwinn

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:16:29 AM »
I love Tammy!  I've sold most of the ones that have come through my hands, but I still have a few of the clones.  I'll have to see if I can dig up any pictures later on.

*Edit for Pics*

Here are some pictures I was able to dig up from photobucket.

This one is a hybrid Tammy/Tressy clone, with a working grow-hair mechanism.

I think this one may be one of the Calico Lass dolls, though I can't remember for sure.

And another.  I have more, but they're packed away at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:21:17 PM by daydreamwinn »

Offline andibgoode

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:14 PM »
ember86 - I hope you get one! She's a real sweetie. And thank-you :D

daydreamwinn - Ahhh, I love your clones. They're so cute. I think you may be right about the second one being a Calico Lassie - the face looks similar. I love the last clone's lovely dark hair, too.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:01:22 AM »
I am a Pedigree Sindy collector but I love Tammy dolls too! I just have not found one for sale on UK eBay.... Most Tammy auctions are based in the US and some of the shipping quotes are shocking so I refuse to bid :crazy:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
What a lovely doll! I have never seen these gals before.  That blond Pos'n tammy is AMAZING!

Offline andibgoode

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:52 PM »
I am a Pedigree Sindy collector but I love Tammy dolls too! I just have not found one for sale on UK eBay.... Most Tammy auctions are based in the US and some of the shipping quotes are shocking so I refuse to bid :crazy:

Yes, shipping from the US is a lot (it doesn't help that Paypal makes it difficult for sellers to offer cheaper non-tracked shipping options) and I guess Tammy may not have had a very wide release overseas? I don't know really. I know there were some exclusive Japanese outfits for her but I haven't been able to afford the collectors guide on her to know more. Hopefully you find one one day. I think she's a must have ;)

What a lovely doll! I have never seen these gals before.  That blond Pos'n tammy is AMAZING!

Thank-you. Yes I adore her as a blonde!!! I'm glad to have introduced you to her. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal