collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I didn't know these were going to be in the UK?!  (Read 442 times)

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
I didn't know these were going to be in the UK?!
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »
Okay, maybe I missed something somewhere - it happens a lot - but look what I found in Tesco today (excuse the quality :P)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was super excited as I haven't seen them in any of my usual Pony haunts. They didn't have the Applejack family set though :yikes:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't know about this?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't know these were going to be in the UK?!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »
I didn't know either!! Awesome! :squee:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

hamsteh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:08:22 AM »
YAY! My boyfriend said he saw a set with a Zecora figure in but couldn't remember what. |: That was also in Tesco.
Glad he's not just going insane! I was confused too, since the blindbag packs seemed unlikely and it definitely wasn't gonna be brushie Zecora. xD

Offline PitterPatter

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I was totally stoked when I saw them. They had the tinsel hair ponies and Walking Talking Pinkie Pie too.

:sunny: Hurray for pony diversity in the UK! :sunny:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »
Oooh, maybe that means the Aple Family set will be kicking around as well! Will have to keep an eye out at Tesco :) How much were they?

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline PitterPatter

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »
Oooh, maybe that means the Aple Family set will be kicking around as well! Will have to keep an eye out at Tesco :) How much were they?

I was so sad they didn't have the Apple family. I'm going to be monitoring the toy aisle until I find it lol

They were £6.00 each. Which I guess at around £2 for the BBs is pretty normal. And clubcard points :biggrin:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »
Oh that's not too bad price-wise, and I never say no to clubcard points ;) Fingers crossed for a Granny Smith!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »
They were a confirmed worldwide release but its taken ages for them to get here and with the fickleness of some Hasbro subsidiaries sometimes you never know if you will actually get them or not. Thats awesome they have definitely made it here! Unfortunately it looks like we missed out on the first wave :( I still need Granny Smith!

And £6 is a pretty neat price for them - I was worried they would be more like £10!

Congrats on finding them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PitterPatter

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »
They were a confirmed worldwide release but its taken ages for them to get here and with the fickleness of some Hasbro subsidiaries sometimes you never know if you will actually get them or not. Thats awesome they have definitely made it here! Unfortunately it looks like we missed out on the first wave :( I still need Granny Smith!

And £6 is a pretty neat price for them - I was worried they would be more like £10!

I totally didn't know that, (i do tend to scan things rather than read them properly :blush:)
What was the first wave? Other than the Apple Family? That one is on the back of the boxes for the above, but from what I've seen in leaflets it doesn't always correspond like that  :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:22:29 PM »

I totally didn't know that, (i do tend to scan things rather than read them properly :blush:)
What was the first wave? Other than the Apple Family? That one is on the back of the boxes for the above, but from what I've seen in leaflets it doesn't always correspond like that  :P

Honestly - things are "confirmed" all the time and then never ever happen! There is no way any of us are going to stay on top of it at the rate Hasbro US, UK and all others change as they go!

Wave 1 was Cloudsdale, Apple Family and the Pony Wedding. Wave 2 is Cloudsdale, Pony Wedding and Spa Pony Set. So I am guessing a bit like how we dove straight into Wave 3 of the blind bags we are going into Wave 2 of the Ponyville Miniature Collections.

And congrats on finding them! You are the first person I have seen find them in the UK so that is awesome!
Loa is my love god!

Offline PitterPatter

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:28 AM »
Honestly - things are "confirmed" all the time and then never ever happen! There is no way any of us are going to stay on top of it at the rate Hasbro US, UK and all others change as they go!

Wave 1 was Cloudsdale, Apple Family and the Pony Wedding. Wave 2 is Cloudsdale, Pony Wedding and Spa Pony Set. So I am guessing a bit like how we dove straight into Wave 3 of the blind bags we are going into Wave 2 of the Ponyville Miniature Collections.

And congrats on finding them! You are the first person I have seen find them in the UK so that is awesome!

It'll be a shame if it has skipped the first wave. And annoying of Hasbro to advertise a wave 1 set on the back of wave 2. I shall keep some hope that they may be somewhere.

I thought I hadn't seen anyone else mention it so my thoughts went "Must buy all, must post photo on forum" lol

They are the first things I am consciously going to keep in the boxes. Partly so I don't mix up the regular character blind bag ones, and also as they actually look quite nice in their little boxes.  ^.^

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 05:57:20 AM »
It could be that other stores got them in earlier than Tesco however so perhaps wave 1 in floating around in other stores! We are all on a mission to find out now :)
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal