collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collection Excitement!!  (Read 796 times)

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Collection Excitement!!
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »
The last few days I've really been thinking about my collection and which ponies are my favorite, as some questions have come up in the Random Swap thread. Currently my collection is living at my parents' place, and more and more I'm missing it and wishing I had it here with me!
I referenced Ponyland Press a bit to get the names of some ponies and figure out which ones I need to complete a few sets, and just looking at the site and thinking about my ponies and the possibility of new ones gets me excited! Moments like that reassure me when sometimes I feel like I should stop collecting or sell some of my ponies :)

Does anyone else get excitement and enjoyment from just looking at their collections?

As a bonus, here's a somewhat up to date photo of most of my G1s and Customs, and the odd G3 :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Collection Excitement!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »
Very nice! Love your collection

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
I do get excited when I look over my collection and remembering the joy of receiving a certain pony in the mail or finding it at a yard sale/flea market ^.^ I love to lay in bed and look at all the ponies on my shelves :)

And nice collection! Is that a Cocoberry army? :D
My Wish List

Offline Talismarr

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »
Shenanigans, I am the same way! I love just looking at them. Can't wait to have them set up here! It's fun setting them all up on the shelves too, and I bet they could use a good dusting by now...
It is a Coco Berry army! :D Most of them came from the Army Swap last year! I just love that pose, so playful and fun. Makes me smile every time!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
Hehe mine are in our game room up on high shelves and on the walls.... i like to just go in there and look at them. it makes me happy. my hubby always catches me and teases me about it tho :blush: ...lol

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »
I also like to go downstairs and look at them. I like to sit in my hunny's recliner and look at them all. And at the same time have the lap top on this site. :) I like to go and think about everyone of them and were I got them from. How dirty they were when I got them and then cleaning them up :)  Lots of good thoughts and memories :)

Oh ya and I love your collection picture :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
  I put most of my collection out on a new shelf, and I spenta pretty long time just staring at them before I went to sleep. Then when I walk by and see them all displayed, I clench and shake my fists and go "EEEEEE! Ponies!" So yes, yes I do get excitement just from seeing the collection. :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »
I get a serious pride and joy feeling when I look at mine. They are all in my bedroom so I get to spend a lot of time with them. Sometimes I'll sit and stare at them for several minutes before bedtime. I put a lot of work into getting my collection that big and they all look so awesome together. One side of my wall is practically covered in ponies.
I get even more joy showing them off to people. The expressions on people the first time they walk into my room are totally priceless.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
Oh heck yeah! :lol:  That wonderful feeling when I see my display shelf, or random ponies in spa or scattered around the house (some sunfading, some just hanging out - it's a full-scale pony infestation!), or even the ones in storage (it's see-through)... it makes me feel like prancing! :cheer:  The only things that really make me more enthusiastic are my son, and finding a good book to curl up with (in that order).

Talismarr, I love your collection picture!  Who are the two larger ponies down on the lower shelf with keys about their necks?

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:34:53 PM »
Gorgeous collection!

And yes I totally know that feeling :) I love to tidy up a shelf at a time, dust down the ponies, brush some hair and reorganise the accessories - makes me feel very happy looking at them when I am done!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 09:31:24 PM »
So very nice!

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
Lovely pony display!

Gorgeous collection!

And yes I totally know that feeling :) I love to tidy up a shelf at a time, dust down the ponies, brush some hair and reorganise the accessories - makes me feel very happy looking at them when I am done!

I'm just the same lol :-)

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »
I get really excited over my collection lol. I'm also very happy when I look at it. It's the only thing that keeps me sane after all! Lovely collection btw ^_^

Offline Talismarr

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 07:51:59 AM »
This thread is great! I love hearing about how everyone else likes to look at their collections, and how it makes them feel happy. I feel a little less crazy!  :biggrin: Lol

Dazzlekitty, it is fun seeing people's expressions when you show them off! My boyfriend had a similar, surprised look when I showed him, but he still hangs around so it can't be too bad!

Thanks for all the compliments too. It's a small collection, but I love it!

Hathorcat, I like to take them down and brush hair and set them back up too. It's fun when I get a couple of new ones, and have to reorganize the shelf a bit to fit them in.

Sugar, those are Secret Surprise Ponies! They have a saddle on their back which opens up with the key to reveal a secret jewelry box. It's kinda small, but good for holding little trinkets I guess! I always wanted one when I was a kid (or one of those Keyper toys, similar thing!) because I thought it would be great for hiding stuff in. Now I just keep the key with them so I don't loose them!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
You've got lots of lovely ponies.
It's fun chasing them down to complete sets, good luck! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal