collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41737 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1110 on: February 13, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »
Was toodling around on Ebay and saw *two* sellers had pre-orders for Headless Headmistress; one had the vague date of her being out at the end of the month the other said they would have the orders out by March 9th or your money would be refunded. Both want over $100 :P

So it looks like Mattel was sneaky sneaky with this one, if it is true!

I saw one of those sellers is also "pre-selling" Wydowna. :wonder:

WHAAAAAAA?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Post Merge: February 13, 2013, 05:37:22 PM

I have not heard of ANYONE having Wydowna- she wasn't at Toyfair and there hasn't been so much as a whisper about her- 

Also- this lady can't even spell-  how would she have these dolls before anyone on this earth? 

Please LOOK AND READ...This item is a pre-sale and will ship AROUND MARCH 09 2013 or money back guarenteed........SOLD PRE-SALES IN THE PAST, CHECK MY FEEDBACKS.....I ALWAYS COME THREW....IM ONLY ORDERING A FEW OF THESE....GET WHILE THEY LAST.....

Also- I looked through her feedback and there are a number of items that she didn't come "threw" on-  and I don't see any pre-release doll feedback-  is it possible she has some sort of industry tie?  Doesn't that seem unlikely???

I think if this was legit-  there would be pre-sales popping up all over the place.   

Looked even closer at her feedback (yes, I want a Wydowna BAD) and it appears that a LOT of her auctions- including ones that she got positive feedback for-  the item never arrived and she issued refunds.  Sounds pretty unreliable to me.   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:41:40 PM by Galactica »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 13, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
I just bought Basic Venus tonight and I am in love with her hair. It is so soft! I kept telling my boyfriend to feel how soft it is because it's so soft! I love it! He says I'm gonna break her head off if I keep petting and playing with her hair. :lol: I am so happy that I went back on my word when I said I didn't care if I didn't get her basic! I got really lucky. They had 3 Venus, 1 Robecca, 3 Rochelle and 1 Abbey. I debated on grabbing Basic Rochelle, but I decided to wait. My boyfriend says she should be, "Venus McFlytrap: Daughter of the Watermelon" because of her hair color. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:46:13 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 13, 2013, 09:43:10 PM »
Was toodling around on Ebay and saw *two* sellers had pre-orders for Headless Headmistress; one had the vague date of her being out at the end of the month the other said they would have the orders out by March 9th or your money would be refunded. Both want over $100 :P

So it looks like Mattel was sneaky sneaky with this one, if it is true!

I saw one of those sellers is also "pre-selling" Wydowna. :wonder:

WHAAAAAAA?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Post Merge: February 13, 2013, 05:37:22 PM

I have not heard of ANYONE having Wydowna- she wasn't at Toyfair and there hasn't been so much as a whisper about her- 

Also- this lady can't even spell-  how would she have these dolls before anyone on this earth? 

Please LOOK AND READ...This item is a pre-sale and will ship AROUND MARCH 09 2013 or money back guarenteed........SOLD PRE-SALES IN THE PAST, CHECK MY FEEDBACKS.....I ALWAYS COME THREW....IM ONLY ORDERING A FEW OF THESE....GET WHILE THEY LAST.....

Also- I looked through her feedback and there are a number of items that she didn't come "threw" on-  and I don't see any pre-release doll feedback-  is it possible she has some sort of industry tie?  Doesn't that seem unlikely???

I think if this was legit-  there would be pre-sales popping up all over the place.   

Looked even closer at her feedback (yes, I want a Wydowna BAD) and it appears that a LOT of her auctions- including ones that she got positive feedback for-  the item never arrived and she issued refunds.  Sounds pretty unreliable to me.   

I call BS on this whole "pre-order" operation, so I wouldn't panic about her being out and all that. IF she were to be released eventually, how come we all haven't heard about it yet, while THIS Person says there's a guarantee that she's coming out, and they're charging a stupid high amount scalper tactics. Put 2 and 2 together.

"Pay me a stupid amount of money for a "pre-order", and I'll guarantee you when they come out, I'll search for it for you, rather than you looking for it and buying retail. BUT!!! If the due date comes up and she isn't released, I'll give you your money back so I don't get in trouble for false advertising"

That's how I'm reading it.

I'll believe it when I see someone takes an actual picture of the actual released doll and put it up on Ebay for sale. Like that one person did with the werecat 3-pack.

As for the Venus picture, I'll post it in a bit when I take pictures of it!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 13, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
Thats why I refuse to preorder unless its through someone reputable... or someone I know... I bought a motorcycle and was told that they would ship it to my house... yea right 3 grand taken from me... never saw it again...

On a different note... I noticed that the Holt Hyde I own isnt one of the "wave 1" releases... but a possible re-release as it has the clear side... versus the white and orange box... So I am debating about opening him... Should I?? I plan on buying a MIB original one to replace it... Lol

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
Thats why I refuse to preorder unless its through someone reputable... or someone I know... I bought a motorcycle and was told that they would ship it to my house... yea right 3 grand taken from me... never saw it again...

On a different note... I noticed that the Holt Hyde I own isnt one of the "wave 1" releases... but a possible re-release as it has the clear side... versus the white and orange box... So I am debating about opening him... Should I?? I plan on buying a MIB original one to replace it... Lol

He was released in two different boxes, just like Ghoulia. The original boxes they were in were the coffin boxes and when SO came out, they were released in the new boxes with the SO dolls. If you are going to get the Wave 1 box to replace it, I would open it, but only after you get it. :)
-Bow Tie

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 13, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »

He was released in two different boxes, just like Ghoulia. The original boxes they were in were the coffin boxes and when SO came out, they were released in the new boxes with the SO dolls. If you are going to get the Wave 1 box to replace it, I would open it, but only after you get it. :)

I know I should wait... but I am kinda wanting to play with him... Oh to wait... lol... guess he will just taunt me from my shelf until then...  :lol:

Post Merge: February 13, 2013, 10:02:28 PM

Swim dolls are available on the justice website...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:02:28 PM by mejohnson85 »

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 13, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »

I know I should wait... but I am kinda wanting to play with him... Oh to wait... lol... guess he will just taunt me from my shelf until then...  :lol:

Post Merge: February 13, 2013, 10:02:28 PM

Swim dolls are available on the justice website...

Waiting is hard for me too. I really want to open Swim Venus and Lagoona, but I need to wait to see if I find new ones without cracks in the knees.
-Bow Tie

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »
Yea... I plan on getting another set anyways... sooo its all toooo tempting right now...  :huh:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1118 on: February 13, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
Am I the last person to know about this or the first??

Weird little random story. I'm trying to sleep (and failing miserably) and I notice a weird little winky glowy light coming from the top of one of my shelves. At first I thought it just those weird eye floaty things you sometimes get in the dark. Then I thought maybe it was a light through the crack in my curtain except, as I watched, I realized it wasn't steady, it would fade in and out. I'm thinking 'wtf is going on here??' I'd also completely forgotten I'd recently reorganized that shelf and thought my werewolves were still up there so I turned on my light.

DT Cleo's nightlight glows in the dark!

Why wasn't I told about this?? I admit, I was freakin out a little what the heck it was. The weirdest part is, it isn't a steady glow, it fades in and out.

/end weird tangent
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:42:31 PM by Ravie »

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 13, 2013, 11:46:45 PM »
That's so cool! I don't have DT Cleo so I didn't know that, but that's really awesome! Now I kind of want her. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1120 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »
That's so cool! I don't have DT Cleo so I didn't know that, but that's really awesome! Now I kind of want her. :lol:

lol, it was really odd, where I'd had it before, I couldn't have seen it, but now it's in the open and I did. My trying-to-sleep-mind half fancifully thought it was a fairy or a very tiny alien >.<

oh and just to clarify, I relocated my Clawdeen bed and DT dolls up there.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:52:22 PM by Ravie »

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 14, 2013, 04:55:06 AM »

Why wasn't I told about this?? I admit, I was freakin out a little what the heck it was. The weirdest part is, it isn't a steady glow, it fades in and out.

Awesome!!  I didn't know that either!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 14, 2013, 05:43:05 AM »
Haha, I had noticed that about my Cleo's night light, but it's so very tiny it's not surprising that some overlook it. Cute story! :)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 14, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »
Am I the last person to know about this or the first??

Weird little random story. I'm trying to sleep (and failing miserably) and I notice a weird little winky glowy light coming from the top of one of my shelves. At first I thought it just those weird eye floaty things you sometimes get in the dark. Then I thought maybe it was a light through the crack in my curtain except, as I watched, I realized it wasn't steady, it would fade in and out. I'm thinking 'wtf is going on here??' I'd also completely forgotten I'd recently reorganized that shelf and thought my werewolves were still up there so I turned on my light.

/end weird tangent

Lol, possessed dolls!  ^.^

I actually bought DT Cleo for her nightlight. I had heard about it earlier on from an online review and I'm such a sucker for anything that glows in the dark. It's mega-bright under a blacklight. :)

I could be wrong, but from the look of her, it seems like Twyla might have some glowing features on her as well, such as her dreamcatchers, and maybe even her hair.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 14, 2013, 08:43:19 AM »
I didn't know Cleo's nightlight glows in the dark either :|

Well, I don't know about you all, but now that the Toy Fair is over, I'm disappointed with what was announced. I wish there were pictures of the stuff that wasn't leaked and some information about it, possibly release dates? :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal