collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41484 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1080 on: February 13, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »
Yes, I agree that a 1600 Lagoona should have been made in that fabulous dress featured in the artwork. I hope someone someday makes a custom outfit and jewelry recreating that look.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1081 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »
Just curious, how do you guys feel about the two new playsets? I'm kind of iffy on Spectra's bed, but I really like Lagoona's shower set!
The shower and "vanity" (sink) are SOOO CUTE! I love the use of the coral red, dark blue, and black - totally unexpected colours, but they look amazing!

EDIT: Ok, I guess I'll post pictures again :P

Lagoona and Spectra playsets!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:10:58 AM by saply »

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #1082 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »
I like the clear bases on Spectra's stuff so that it looks like it is floating :D

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1083 on: February 13, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
I don't have any of the beds so far but do really like the look of Spectra's.  Like Manieh said it looks like it's floating.....love that!  Plus I love the medieval look of it.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1084 on: February 13, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
wow lots of new cute stuff!!

Love the heath! can't wait to get him :)

beds-- Love the lagoona shower set. It may be the first playset since hydration station i get.. I think the  hydration station needs  that to accompany it :)
 spectra bed is cute but  really  still loved the frankie and DL beds the best..  While abbey and spectra's beds have been cute,  i loved that the first 2  doubled as something else.. gimmicky or not  that appealed to me LOL

i never did get frankies  bed, and  have since kicked my self for it!

can't wait to see pics of the new DT dolls.. I am sure i will need those!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1085 on: February 13, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
OMG I love those new playsets!  I will be getting those!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1086 on: February 13, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
I'm still not sure what to think about the bed and shower sets. I'm going to have to wait until they are in stores to decide.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:35 AM »
I just have to sy in my months of collecting... I have never seen a doll reduced in price that hasn't been in conjunction with a store sale... That being said... My local Walmart has dropped the price of their DC and scaris basic dolls to $10.00!! And I has no money! Dang it!! Now back to your rgularly schedule discussion...   :biggrin:

i just saw that yesterday! grabed a Scaris Ghoulia! for $10 i figured i'd replace my DT cuz i like this one better... i love it when dolls go on sale! usually i have no money when that happens tho... so i feel your pain.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 13, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »
Lagoona's shower set is gorgeous! I love the colors! They should use them on her doll! I will definitely be getting two of Lagoona's bed because of my one in box and one out of box rule and it won't cost me a fortune like the Hydration Station, which I still need a second one to keep in box, but the ones at TRU never go on sale or clearance! :cry:

Spectra's bed is very pretty! I won't be getting it because I don't collect playsets unless it's Lagoona's.

I can't wait to see the new DT dolls! I'm just dying to see them!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 13, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »
Just stepping in to say that Draculaura is still my favourite character. Yes, I biased because I love pink, and vampires, but I still love her.
Her problem is she's far too often the 'bonus doll' or in a budget line, and all of her recent outfits have been lacklustre. Her design has so much goth-loli potential, but they keep putting her in cheaper, lazy fashions. Roadster? So lame. Coffin bean? So cheap. Scaris? Unispired.
I mean, I'd like to see her in some more deluxe lines so they can really go nuts with her clothes and make them over-the-top and frou-frouy and stuff, but at the same time there are other characters who deserve those places. Like Lagoona, who is really shafted, poor girl.
:heart:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
Just stepping in to say that Draculaura is still my favourite character. Yes, I biased because I love pink, and vampires, but I still love her.
Her problem is she's far too often the 'bonus doll' or in a budget line, and all of her recent outfits have been lacklustre. Her design has so much goth-loli potential, but they keep putting her in cheaper, lazy fashions. Roadster? So lame. Coffin bean? So cheap. Scaris? Unispired.
I mean, I'd like to see her in some more deluxe lines so they can really go nuts with her clothes and make them over-the-top and frou-frouy and stuff, but at the same time there are other characters who deserve those places. Like Lagoona, who is really shafted, poor girl.

I wish they would give her more of a goth-loli look like she was supposed to. I think Mattel is having trouble with certain girls and not sticking to their intended styles. If they stopped putting Draculaura in every line and took the time to give her great outfits, I think she would look tons better! I do really like her PD doll. If they keep going that route, I would start liking Draculaura more! Same goes for Lagoona, except she's just an after thought. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »
I find most of Draculaura's designs to be incredibly boring.  She is my least favorite out of the main ghouls.  I too wish that Mattel would focus more on over-the-top, super detailed gothic-lolita outfits for her.  Frilly, poofy skirts, lace, corsets, etc.  I remember being super-excited about Coffin Bean Draculaura after I saw the ADORABLE prototype outfit for her.  But when the real one was released...in which she was wearing some lame pink blouse or something, I lost all desire to get her.

Another thing I don't necessarily care for about Draculaura is that she is so monochromatic.  She's a pink vampire with black hair with pink streaks and pink and black clothes.   Pink, black, pink, black, pink, black, pink, black, pink, black.  I think this leads to her being less interesting overall.  At least Mattel realized that that acid yellow they used to put on some of her outfits looked horrible.  But they really need to try and replace it with another color sometimes.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »
Yeah... I have to agree with everyone who is saying that the MH line has some creativity consistency problems. I like that there are budget lines, but there are so many that look quite similar to one another that I'd rather just have an expensive deluxe line replace several budget lines. And some of the characters really don't get a consistent look, or even an exciting look (see poor Abbey).

I'd really like to see them being a bit more daring like they were in their Ghouls Rule or DotD line. And I would like a return to the more detailed everyday clothing that you see in the Signature and Picture Day releases. I'm okay if they reuse some pieces, but I really would like to see some facial and hair variations (SO MANY PONY TAILS) that don't necessarily involve lots of glue. And short styles! They can ber versatile and fun too :)

Also, I do think some of the new characters are cute, but I really want something different and exciting (like Wyndona!!!). Jinafire was neat, but I'd love a scarier monster with horns or something different about them.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 13, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
Hornsss yesss  :biggrin: I can only die happy when we get a horned monster.

I don't mind (and also don't buy all of) the plainer budget dolls--I even really love some, like DC--but I would mind if that's all we got! I very much hope we at least continue to get detailed signature dolls (or sig "versions" like School's Out/2.0, Picture Day/3.0... PD's one of my all-time favourites).

DotD remains the best dance/party line in my opinion, too  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 13, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
HNNNG, dat shower set. I have no room, though! So, I'm going to have to pass as I can really only buy what my limited space will let me *sigh*
And yes for horned monsters! But I know there'd be a parental freakout at anything slightly devilish or demonic.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal