collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41558 times)

Pony_Mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #885 on: February 11, 2013, 06:16:03 AM »
http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/index.html

Thought I'd share this here. They always do great Toy Fair coverage. What are everyone's thoughts on the poster with every character released faces on it also showing Heath Burns, Invisi Billy, and Moe.

I know Heath has been confirmed in a 2 pack but what about the other 2 boys?

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #886 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:53 AM »
Maybe I can actually go without buying one doll.. Clawdeen. I still doubt this will happen. As usual she will come to stores and my poor voice of reasoning will have me saying "well, I'm getting the others, I may as well get her too".

I like that Abbey, who's getting knee high boots! Whoohoo! Venus is cute, I will get her. I feel like variation in her dolls needs to start happening or I'm going to just start buying her for stock and selling the doll. I honestly don't have room for 20 dolls that look the exact same. A couple duplicates, sure.. but not an every single line sort of deal. Granted, if I had the room.. it wouldn't matter. Lol
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:18 AM »
I am hoping to find Heath when he comes out. I don't have any boys. Looked for Deuce but cannot find him anywhere that carries Scaris. It really is a shame they don't make more of the boys.

But I am surprised people don't like the 13 Wishes Clawdeen doll. I have seen many negative opinions on her. I think she's really pretty.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 11, 2013, 06:25:08 AM »
My first impression: "Wow, talk about re-using your molds :("

Abbey: Cute outfit, and I love the hair. But I fail to see Himalayan anything here. Unlike Jin and Skelita, I don't think they've ever really portrayed much of her heritage as it ties into real life.

This.
I was so hyped when I read the descriptions of the Music Festival dolls and was especially interested in Abbey. Looking at her now in high-res and she disappoints me. I was expecting something along the lines of her Basic doll, just looking a bit more like this or this with a huge scarf and beads around her neck.
If they wanted to go for hippie, they could have incorperated the Himalayan theme much better. The top and boots are cute, but everything else has been seen before.
I hope that the thingies on her boots are removable, though. I might be interested in them.

Venus: I adore her makeup. The outfit is really cute, but it seems more of a fashion pack than a themed outfit. And it doesn't seem very punk or plant-like. Another nitpick- why does she have the same hair? Yes, it's pretty cutting-edge for playline, but it's virtually the same as her last two.

Urgh, I agree yet again! That isn't Punk at all. Another disappointment.
And they also seem to be really lazy with her plant theme. Man, I would milk this theme! There are sooo many plants you can draw inspiration from, Mattel. Get off your butts!

Clawdeen: (...) I think the pantsuit is cute, but not very detailed. I don't mind re-used shoes (well, boots), but the overall look is pretty bland. Love the hair, but the open mouth and smaller eyes aren't doing it for me.

The hair and pantsuit are what I like most about her. It makes her look 80s Glam instead of Hip Hop, though.
The face looks weird, indeed.

Okay, final verdict? I don't want any of them. That's good for my wallet, but I had high hopes for this line and now I feel grumpy XD
Especially because of Venus. Her Basic release is much more "Punk" than this and still the best Venus doll in my opinion.
I'm waiting for a fashion pack.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:30:34 AM by Zapper »

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 11, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »
I love MF Venus. She looks so cool. :mrgreen:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 11, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »
Ew, that Clawdeen. I wanna know who keeps throwing things on her in the dark, seriously. Abbey is just, lol. And I reeeeeeeeeeeeallllly like Venus' face. And it being presumably pink/black hair is nice. I'd have to trim it though. You know. To make it different. At all.

shivvy

« Reply #891 on: February 11, 2013, 07:07:49 AM »
Ooh kinda wishing I'd waited instead of picking up signature Venus, because I think I like the MF one more. Not really different enough to justify buying both however.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #892 on: February 11, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
Aww yay, new pics! Abbey's outfit looks amazing :heart: I love off-the-shoulder stuff with puffy sleeves. And that Venus!!! Her boots are so cool!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #893 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:59 AM »
Seriously not impressed with the music festival line

Me either.  That's okay though.  I wasn't really expecting to be and just means more money to buy other dolls and ponies that are coming out!

I am hoping to find Heath when he comes out. I don't have any boys. Looked for Deuce but cannot find him anywhere that carries Scaris. It really is a shame they don't make more of the boys.

But I am surprised people don't like the 13 Wishes Clawdeen doll. I have seen many negative opinions on her. I think she's really pretty.

I love the 13 Wishes Clawdeen, so you are not the only one.  I absolutely love the gold lipstick that everyone seems to hate.  That is the only reason I have kept my Sister Clawdeen doll is because of her golden pout.  Now that the 13 Wishes doll is coming out I can probably get rid of her.

I want to see more pictures!  Let's go sneaky people lol.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 11, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »
No offense to anyone who loves MF Venus, but a friend and I just took 10 minutes to create a MF Venus that would be more to our liking (you are allowed to find her butt-ugly, lol) :)

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 11, 2013, 07:33:54 AM »
No offense to anyone who loves MF Venus, but a friend and I just took 10 minutes to create a MF Venus that would be more to our liking (you are allowed to find her butt-ugly, lol) :)

Ok, nope, I WANT YOUR DESIGN! She looks fabulous like that OMG!
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 11, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
Yes for spiked hair.  I think your's has a sweet punk rocker feel. 

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:26 AM »
I like everything but the hair, but that's because I know if they did that it would be hard as a diamond and I'd wash it out and make it limp anyway. I'd like a cool bob on her for it, but yeah some of the other mods would send it over the top for me.

Oh man, I just thought of something I might do if I nab her. Toss Sig Toralei's jacket on her.. hm... might look decent (for me at least).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:39:56 AM by Icicle »

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #898 on: February 11, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/6k35vxzx/hgfiujergf.png
dat thorny jacket. so perf.

HanaMaehata

« Reply #899 on: February 11, 2013, 08:02:31 AM »

!!!

plots!!!

i totally have a leather jacket for dolls!! i just would need to bring it in a lil bit...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal