collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41768 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
For those that have gotten the new Fearleading Werecat pack, is there any difference between basic Toralei and this Toralei? I know the twins are the same.

Also, look what I found on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toralei-Daughter-of-the-Werecat-Monster-High-doll-Toralei-Stripe-/261161536875?_uhb=1&pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item3cce70cd6b&nma=true&si=%252BlVRsZBlkcHfypyFm9SQhGva4H0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:41:39 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 09, 2013, 08:01:55 PM »
I don't understand this Ebay listing you posted, Sprinkles.  It's making my head hurt.  I wonder if this is real or fake :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #797 on: February 09, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
For those that have gotten the new Fearleading Werecat pack, is there any difference between basic Toralei and this Toralei? I know the twins are the same.

Also, look what I found on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toralei-Daughter-of-the-Werecat-Monster-High-doll-Toralei-Stripe-/261161536875?_uhb=1&pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item3cce70cd6b&nma=true&si=%252BlVRsZBlkcHfypyFm9SQhGva4H0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I don't understand this Ebay listing you posted, Sprinkles.  It's making my head hurt.  I wonder if this is real or fake :huh:
Someone's taken Toralei, put her in her fashion pack, stuck her back in her box, and then returned her to the store, which has put her back on the shelf. She's then been purchased by a clueless person, who is now now selling her on ebay. Looks like someone has pointed this out to that person, judging by the description.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:11:35 PM by pukunui »

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 09, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »

Someone's taken Toralei, put her in her fashion pack, stuck her back in her box, and then returned her to the store, which has put her back on the shelf. She's then been purchased by a clueless person, who is now now selling her on ebay. Looks like someone has pointed this out to that person, judging by the description.

I understand that part but on the back of the box, it has a picture of Toralei in her fashion pack :blink: I'm not sure what to think about it either.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 09, 2013, 08:20:40 PM »
The back of the box has the Maul fashion pack box art on it though :huh:  I would understand had the box art not been changed. :huh:

EDIT:  Yeah, what Sprinkles said :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 09, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
They cut out the fashion pack box and put it on the back of the box. Toralei is supposed to have Operetta and Nefera on the bottom. You can also see the color differences. The box is lighter than the fashion pack pictures and you can see where it was cut. The spider webs don't match up either.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 09, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
I find it all very suspect. There's the fashion pack cutout inside the box, along with the doll; the whole purpose of the cut-outs is to show what the character will look like in the clothing. If the doll is wearing it, what's the point? And the doll has obviously been removed. Anyone who's ever bought one of these knows how many ties and bands they use to hold them tight.

The really confusing thing is the box art. Aside from the artwork, which is all from that wave's fashions, it shows the MH video game, which came out around the holiday season, 2011. And while I can't see the blurb (the seller has conveniently left out the zoom function), it's similar in length and spacing to the signature boxes, whereas the fashion packs have just a little blurb. Either someone went to a lot of trouble to fiddle with the box before returning it to the store, or the seller was trying to pull a fast one and got called on it. Not too hard to get a spare Toralei from the fearleading pack, and redress her in the fashion pack.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 09, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »
Here's a zoomed in picture of the back of the box:

-Bow Tie

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »
Thank you for explaining Bow Tie. I knew that the doll was obviously tampered with by the seller but I couldn't figure out how they managed to get the back like that. Now I see the spiderwebs XD I'm surprised it sold for so much even after the seller's obvious description.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 09, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »
Thank you for explaining Bow Tie. I knew that the doll was obviously tampered with by the seller but I couldn't figure out how they managed to get the back like that. Now I see the spiderwebs XD I'm surprised it sold for so much even after the seller's obvious description.

You are so welcome! :) I knew it was tampered with too just from the front, but I didn't even realize they had a picture of the back and what it looked like. I think people are still just going crazy for Toralei. I know the 3 Pack still hasn't hit everywhere in the US so she's still probably going for a high price 'til she's more readily available. At least, that's just my opinion.
-Bow Tie

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 09, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
Oh yeah, you can definitely see the differences in that closer shot. My money's still on the seller trying to pull a fast one. I mean, it could have been a return, but who goes to the trouble of doctoring the box like that? If a store employee is going to notice the difference between the picture on the box and what the doll in the box is wearing, they're certainly going to realize that the box has been played with. And most places, you don't need the box anymore. TRU does, I think. But places like Walmart and Target don't.

Personally, I don't think I'd want to deal with this seller.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #806 on: February 09, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »
ha, highly possible since I have four of them x.X Maybe I should sell her and replace her with a different face XD
Sell her to meeeeeee!!  Hehe, did I just say that out loud?  So no Wydowna making an appearance yet:(.  I am Michelle's sad face.

I am so excited about the new dolls and especially the new outfits coming out this year.  So much for slowing down my collection. 

pfft, i might take you up on that esp. since I snagged another DT Clawdeen from Dollar General wallago.

Anyone looking for DT2? There's like two or three of each that's been hanging around for awhile (on the top shelf where kids can't even see em)

ps. someone seriously paid $137 for that?? wtf is wrong with people?

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 09, 2013, 09:08:27 PM »
I'm still looking for SS Clawdeen. I'm dying for her. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
I was told by the 3 TRU's in my area that they are all sold out of the 3 packs and won't get any in until late feb/early mar

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 09, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »
I'm confused... why are they named '1600 and Pregnant' other than a tribute to the show?  Especially since the dolls aren't re-shaped to be pregnant, they have little Cabbage Patch Kid babies.  I'd find a re-shaped MH dolls to be a little freaky, considering that all her clothes would have to be specially commissioned, LOL!  :-p

LOL that is soooo wrong... The Cabbage Patch kid babies put me right in the mind of Garbage Pail Kids!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal