collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41601 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #630 on: February 07, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »
Do they normally announce the SDCC doll at the toy fair thats coming up in a couple days?

Right- I don't know what I was thinking-  they will have the new line-up, but will not likely reveal the SDCC exclusive.  I am dying to see the line-up though, because if they have the Daughter of Arachne prototype at teh fair-  then she will be a regular release or store exclusive and not the SDCC doll.  So at least we will know who the exclusive will NOT be at least...

[Edited to remove empty hyperlink~ CSA]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:48:29 PM by Colorscapesart »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 07, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »
Do they normally announce the SDCC doll at the toy fair thats coming up in a couple days?]

Right- I don't know what I was thinking-  they will have the new line-up, but will not likely reveal the SDCC exclusive.  I am dying to see the line-up though, because if they have the Daughter of Arachne prototype at teh fair-  then she will be a regular release or store exclusive and not the SDCC doll.  So at least we will know who the exclusive will NOT be at least...

They usually announce the exclusive a month before the con so it should be sometime in June.

Sunday can't get here fast enough! I need to know what's being shown!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:56:13 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #632 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
Who else has been seen in the Scaris artwork?  If Deuce is going, wouldn't Cleo be a good candidate?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 07, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »
Who else has been seen in the Scaris artwork?  If Deuce is going, wouldn't Cleo be a good candidate?

The only ones that aren't already dolls that have been seen in the artwork are Cleo and Lagoona.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 07, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »
Well, Cleo and Lagoona are the ones that are missing. I would be sad if they made Cleo and left Lagoona out.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »
Well, Cleo and Lagoona are the ones that are missing. I would be sad if they made Cleo and left Lagoona out.

Now I'm pretty sure it will be Cleo & Goona, lol. LOOK, they already have the vectors for the box-art, too! x'D
(srsly.. I love this pic - is it from Rochelle's diary? - But I cannot help but snort at how obviously they recycle the vectors.. But Hasbro is more than guilty of that, too. Sigh. xD)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 07, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »

Now I'm pretty sure it will be Cleo & Goona, lol. LOOK, they already have the vectors for the box-art, too! x'D
(srsly.. I love this pic - is it from Rochelle's diary? - But I cannot help but snort at how obviously they recycle the vectors.. But Hasbro is more than guilty of that, too. Sigh. xD)

Oh, I don't know where it's from. I googled it.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 07, 2013, 02:07:35 PM »
That webisode was awesome! This and the PD one were definitely reminiscent of the first volume.

I'd be shocked if that TRU exclusive 2 pack wasn't Lagoona and Cleo. We have the artwork for them, they feature prominently in the trailer for the movie, and we don't have either of them yet. And multi-pack exclusives haven't included a previously released boy to date. The only time I recall a guy being included in an exclusive set was the SDCC one, with Scarah and Hoo-dude. And Hoo-dude isn't like the other dolls :P

Found the swim dolls today at Kmart!  I have to say I am not as impressed as I was with the stock photos but I still like them.  I am really disappointed about the plastic features on the swimsuits.  It kind of cheapens them up I think.  Lagoona went from my favorite in the stock photos to my least favorite of the three. 

Also, what the heck is up with Mattel not including stands with the slim boxed dolls anymore?  Seems like the last line that had them were the RM ghouls.  I have a seriously large ghoul to stand ratio going on and it is getting bigger and I don't like it!

I think the stand thing is because the swim line is a cheaper line/basic line-  so the stand was cut out to save cost so they could offer it at a low price.  If you want to get stands you could always order them from the Mattel parts shop?

They were up at the $14.99 price mark on sale for $13, same price as the RM dolls that have stands and pretty much all the other slim boxed dolls I have seen.  It just seems that they are not including as much but not really dropping price.  That's my opinion anyway.  I know they have them in their online shop but $4 a stand is a little ridiculous for something that used to come with the dolls anyway.

The cost of manufacturing goes up every year, while the base price of the dolls hasn't really. Of course, places like TRU jack the prices, but Target and Walmart haven't really increased the price, which means that Mattel isn't charging them a higher price. The signature dolls still come with pets, accessory and detailed fashions, and even the basic dolls include little accessories like they always have. Maybe I'm biased because I don't really use the stands, but I'd prefer no stands instead of less accessories, or a higher price on the dolls.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 07, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
That webisode was awesome! This and the PD one were definitely reminiscent of the first volume.

I'd be shocked if that TRU exclusive 2 pack wasn't Lagoona and Cleo. We have the artwork for them, they feature prominently in the trailer for the movie, and we don't have either of them yet. And multi-pack exclusives haven't included a previously released boy to date. The only time I recall a guy being included in an exclusive set was the SDCC one, with Scarah and Hoo-dude. And Hoo-dude isn't like the other dolls :P

Found the swim dolls today at Kmart!  I have to say I am not as impressed as I was with the stock photos but I still like them.  I am really disappointed about the plastic features on the swimsuits.  It kind of cheapens them up I think.  Lagoona went from my favorite in the stock photos to my least favorite of the three. 

Also, what the heck is up with Mattel not including stands with the slim boxed dolls anymore?  Seems like the last line that had them were the RM ghouls.  I have a seriously large ghoul to stand ratio going on and it is getting bigger and I don't like it!

I think the stand thing is because the swim line is a cheaper line/basic line-  so the stand was cut out to save cost so they could offer it at a low price.  If you want to get stands you could always order them from the Mattel parts shop?

They were up at the $14.99 price mark on sale for $13, same price as the RM dolls that have stands and pretty much all the other slim boxed dolls I have seen.  It just seems that they are not including as much but not really dropping price.  That's my opinion anyway.  I know they have them in their online shop but $4 a stand is a little ridiculous for something that used to come with the dolls anyway.

The cost of manufacturing goes up every year, while the base price of the dolls hasn't really. Of course, places like TRU jack the prices, but Target and Walmart haven't really increased the price, which means that Mattel isn't charging them a higher price. The signature dolls still come with pets, accessory and detailed fashions, and even the basic dolls include little accessories like they always have. Maybe I'm biased because I don't really use the stands, but I'd prefer no stands instead of less accessories, or a higher price on the dolls.

Agreed- I would prefer losing the stand to losing some of the details that make MH fun (like the clothing/accessories/detailing/elaborate shoes)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #639 on: February 07, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »
I am catching up on the webisodes and really want a PD Clawdeen!  Wish they would have showed Lagoona in her outfit.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #640 on: February 07, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
Holy mackerel! Mattel has amazing customer service. I got the Ice/Blob girls today and the Blob girl had two left hands, so they're just sending me a whole new set @_@

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:49 PM »
Holy mackerel! Mattel has amazing customer service. I got the Ice/Blob girls today and the Blob girl had two left hands, so they're just sending me a whole new set @_@

Do you get to keep the old one? ;O

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

That's so nice! Yay for Mattel customer service!

That webisode was also doubly cute :) Love the Cleo/Ghoulia moments! 

I was thinking if the two pack tag hadn't said Scaris it could have been the Heath/Abbey two pack since Valentines day would make sense for them, oh well.

It would be predictable if they made a two pack of Cleo and Lagoona since they were included in the artwork...and special.  But it'd be cool if it was another movie character... :biggrin: Probably not, watch out guys....it'll be another Toralei since they just released her again.... :lookround:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »

Do you get to keep the old one? ;O
Yeah :> I wonder if anyone would be interested in a blob girl with two left hands? I'll probably just give her to the first person who doesn't mind paying shipping or something.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »
I found PD Cleo today, at last! I just adore the PD line, can't wait for the second wave now. It's one of the few lines I'll definitely be completing. It'd be so nice if there was eventually a PD Clawdeen and Ghoulia, too. :heart:

Also, for my fellow Canucks, I spotted a couple of the single-boxed RM Abbey! So, as long as our assortment is the same, RM Clawdeen must be here too, I just missed her. :)

The Scaris two-pack is really awesome news! They're getting good at sneaking out releases on us :P I hope it's Cleo and Lagoona as well. I've been holding off Abbey/Ghoulia/Lala in case there was a multipack so I guess we shall just have to wait and see who's in this! Exciting! :squee:

I also scored a Scaris Deuce today. Undecided if I want him or not... I don't think I want to collect any of his dolls... so if anyone might want to have him in exchange for new CaMs or new fashion packs, feel free to hit me up via PM   ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal