collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41719 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #615 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »
Eee! My best friend in Cali said she got free tickets to SDCC for all 4 days, plus Preview night! She says if I get her the info and the money, she will try and pick up the SDCC MH doll for me! I have no idea what it will even be yet, so I'm hoping it will be one that I want! Im so excited!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »
Reasons it won't be a boy:
1) Lagoona and Cleo make sense due to the artwork-
2) Boys are disfavored by Mattel/the stores purchasing them- so probably 2 boys in a single line is unlikely

BUT

1)  Most 2 packs (except for Clawdeen/Howleen & the twins) have been boy-girl
2)  If the release co-insides with Valentine's day-  wouldn't it be more likely to be a couple?

I can't wait to find out....

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #617 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Found the swim dolls today at Kmart!  I have to say I am not as impressed as I was with the stock photos but I still like them.  I am really disappointed about the plastic features on the swimsuits.  It kind of cheapens them up I think.  Lagoona went from my favorite in the stock photos to my least favorite of the three. 

Also, what the heck is up with Mattel not including stands with the slim boxed dolls anymore?  Seems like the last line that had them were the RM ghouls.  I have a seriously large ghoul to stand ratio going on and it is getting bigger and I don't like it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
Eee! My best friend in Cali said she got free tickets to SDCC for all 4 days, plus Preview night! She says if I get her the info and the money, she will try and pick up the SDCC MH doll for me! I have no idea what it will even be yet, so I'm hoping it will be one that I want! Im so excited!

You are so lucky!  I need to start working my contacts- I have an aunt and uncle that attend the fair every year as vendors-  but I feel a little sheepish asking them to stand in line to get a doll for me...  must be brave!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »

Wow lucky!! :O :heart: ..one day I want to attend, too.. but it's such an awfully long way from either of my homes. XD;
I am hoping (for my own sake, lol) that it is NOT Wydowna, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it will be a cool one. ^^

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 07, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
Found the swim dolls today at Kmart!  I have to say I am not as impressed as I was with the stock photos but I still like them.  I am really disappointed about the plastic features on the swimsuits.  It kind of cheapens them up I think.  Lagoona went from my favorite in the stock photos to my least favorite of the three. 

Also, what the heck is up with Mattel not including stands with the slim boxed dolls anymore?  Seems like the last line that had them were the RM ghouls.  I have a seriously large ghoul to stand ratio going on and it is getting bigger and I don't like it!

I think the stand thing is because the swim line is a cheaper line/basic line-  so the stand was cut out to save cost so they could offer it at a low price.  If you want to get stands you could always order them from the Mattel parts shop?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 07, 2013, 01:31:42 PM »

The RM 2-pack is also girl/girl. I don't think they'd make a boy an exclusive.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #622 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »

You are so lucky!  I need to start working my contacts- I have an aunt and uncle that attend the fair every year as vendors-  but I feel a little sheepish asking them to stand in line to get a doll for me...  must be brave!

Fortune favors the bold! You can do it!  :D

Do they normally announce the SDCC doll at the toy fair thats coming up in a couple days?

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #623 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »
2) Boys are disfavored by Mattel/the stores purchasing them- so probably 2 boys in a single line is unlikely

BUT

2)  If the release co-insides with Valentine's day-  wouldn't it be more likely to be a couple?

There was also the RM 2-pack with Ghoulia and Abbey.  Just when you think you are caught up with recent releases that you want, WHAM, they put something else out.  I hope it's Cleo!  I love Cleo.  However, at the same time, we don't have a TRU closer than at least an hour away and they suck at having new things anyway and I need to save money!  I am glad I don't really like the RM dolls besides the Frankie I got or the Power Ghouls.

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 07, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »
(...)

If it's going to be a boy/girl pack I'd say repackaged Deuce and Cleo, tho. After all, they pulled him from the regular release so early, they MUST have a bunch of him left somewhere.. lol.

(you know what would be cool, too? Rochelle and new Gargoyle-boy. ..will totally NOT happen.. but hey. :'D)

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #625 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

I think the stand thing is because the swim line is a cheaper line/basic line-  so the stand was cut out to save cost so they could offer it at a low price.  If you want to get stands you could always order them from the Mattel parts shop?

They were up at the $14.99 price mark on sale for $13, same price as the RM dolls that have stands and pretty much all the other slim boxed dolls I have seen.  It just seems that they are not including as much but not really dropping price.  That's my opinion anyway.  I know they have them in their online shop but $4 a stand is a little ridiculous for something that used to come with the dolls anyway.

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »
I don't think they'll repackage Rochelle though. They might with Deuce.

I called my TrU with the item number. None in the stores, none in the warehouse. I bet it'll hit shelves around Valentines.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »

The RM 2-pack is also girl/girl. I don't think they'd make a boy an exclusive.

Oh- well there goes that theory.  Okay then-  I acknowledge Lagoona/Cleo most likely in that case... sigh.

Wouldn't be awesome though if they surprised us with a TOTALLY NEW DOLL!  hehe

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 07, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »
Yes, it would! A girl can dream...

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 07, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »

BUT

This is exactly what I was thinking. Most of the 2-Packs have been boy/girl except for the Twins, Clawdeen/Howleen, Abbey/Ghoulia. Since Deuce is in the line, Deuce/Cleo makes sense. There was the Roller Maze 2 Pack and then they separated it. Valentine's Day is just around the corner so Deuce/Cleo makes so much sense. I will not be disappointed if it's Cleo/Lagoona since they are my two favorite characters! <3

My bestie and a mutual friend of ours are press at SDCC so I'm crossing my fingers they can get me one if they have time.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal