collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41342 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »
I found Catrine at my Walmart today but I have no money uggghh  >_< I hid her pretty well, hopefully she'll be there when I get paid  :(

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
Has anyone seen the two new CAM add on packs with any regularity?  I have yet to see them at all in a store, and I'm just wondering if they have terrible distribution, or if they haven't really been released yet and the few that slipped out in November were flukes... 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:21 PM »
I just got my sig Cleo I am trading a custom pony for with wiccanpony1. I just adore her!! I love the color of her lips, she reminds me of Inara on Firefly with them.

You're right, she does kind of look like Morena Baccarin as Inara! You just made me love Cleo even more than I already did :hearts:

EDIT: OT
Following up on what mehjohnson said, I furnished half my apartment for only a couple hundred bucks by shopping the local thrift stores. :) Don't forget how much a coat of paint and little love can improve the look of something. I did that with some of mine and they look like whole new pieces.

All of this! I'm sorry that's happening to you grzankitter, but I'm glad that you are starting anew and looking forward to having your dolls all sorted on your new shelves!

Thrift stores are the best. With the right price, some new fabric to decorate with or sanding something down with new paint can make it even more lovely than before.  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:53:41 PM by TrixieStix »

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #453 on: February 04, 2013, 01:44:36 PM »
Does anyone know if the new Swim Girls are going to come to Canada? DT2 never did, and I kinda might want that Lagoona... And by kinda, I mean OMG SHE'S SO PRETTY!

NOOO I need that Lagoona!! I'm praying they will come to Canada :<

Also congrats Dazzle! That's so awesome!!!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 04, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
Has anyone seen the two new CAM add on packs with any regularity?  I have yet to see them at all in a store, and I'm just wondering if they have terrible distribution, or if they haven't really been released yet and the few that slipped out in November were flukes... 

I've only seen them once...The first time I saw and bought them, never saw them again ever since...>,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 04, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »
I'm not sure how to add it to this post :blush: but someone in the Monster High Dolls Facebook group made a really awesome looking custom RM Draculaura. Here's the link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/themonsterhighdolls
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 04, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Awwww dang!! If only it was real!! Looks very legit too and everything...But if I ended up getting an RM Draculaura, then I'll have to get the rest, and that means tracking them down, and buy them and buying them means more money. >,<; :freak:

If they made like a Target RM 5 Set with Frankie Clawdeen, Ghoulia and added Draculaura and Long haired Cleo, that would be an awesome set!!

Ahh all this talk of RM ghouls is making me wanna watch the special again. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Rococo

« Reply #457 on: February 04, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
I'm not sure how to add it to this post :blush: but someone in the Monster High Dolls Facebook group made a really awesome looking custom RM Draculaura. Here's the link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/themonsterhighdolls

Awesome custom! I prefer the other Draculaura face (the one with the closed-mouth fangs and smaller eyes) but that customizer did a great job on her hair and outfit. Those baby pink skates are adoooorable too. I hope one day Mattel releases an official RM Draculaura.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 04, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
I agree, little fanged Draculaura would've made an amazing base, instead of slobbering Draculaura. :P But still a good custom altogether.

Ugh I'm starting to not like these stands. >,>;

1)They make the ghouls lean back and can't make them stand straight, thus leading to toppling over.
2)The clip/holders are sometimes too tight and when I try to put them on/take them off, I'm scared it'll rip their clothes. I already feel paranoid that I think I may have stretched/scratched the vinyl on Robecca's dress.

I wonder how the stands on the Ghouls Alive dolls are compared to the regular stands.

Can you guys show me how you put your ghouls on their stands so I can get some kind of idea of what I may be doing wrong?? Please and thank you!!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

faunabay

« Reply #459 on: February 04, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »
A friend of mine is going to make a RM Venus out of the Swimline Venus.  I know how she's going to do it and it sounds amazing.  I'll try and post a pic when she gets her done. 

Rococo

« Reply #460 on: February 04, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »
I agree, little fanged Draculaura would've made an amazing base, instead of slobbering Draculaura. :P But still a good custom altogether.

1)They make the ghouls lean back and can't make them stand straight, thus leading to toppling over.
2)The clip/holders are sometimes too tight and when I try to put them on/take them off, I'm scared it'll rip their clothes. I already feel paranoid that I think I may have stretched/scratched the vinyl on Robecca's dress.

I wonder how the stands on the Ghouls Alive dolls are compared to the regular stands.

Can you guys show me how you put your ghouls on their stands so I can get some kind of idea of what I may be doing wrong?? Please and thank you!!

I never use my stands... they always look as though they're going to rip holes into the dolls' clothes and I don't want to take that chance. I just lean my dolls on each other, on walls, etc. xD

I wish the clip-on part of the stands were more like jaw hair clips instead of a rigid plastic half-circle that needs to be jammed onto their waist.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #461 on: February 04, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »

I have found it easier to slide the clip part on sideways and then turning it so they face the front.  Make sure to do it on the side that the top velcro piece overlaps the bottom one so you don't rip or undo the velcro.  This has made it much easier to get the stands on without ripping clothes or feeling like you will break the clip.  I still hate the way the stands tilt back.  I have to go back through some of the first dolls that I deboxed and make sure that the base is actually "clicked" into the stand because some of the stands just come apart rather than staying together and I am hoping it is mainly because I didn't realize at first they actually click together rather than just sitting in the hole.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #462 on: February 04, 2013, 03:19:36 PM »
Awwww dang!! If only it was real!! Looks very legit too and everything...But if I ended up getting an RM Draculaura, then I'll have to get the rest, and that means tracking them down, and buy them and buying them means more money. >,<; :freak:

If they made like a Target RM 5 Set with Frankie Clawdeen, Ghoulia and added Draculaura and Long haired Cleo, that would be an awesome set!!

Ahh all this talk of RM ghouls is making me wanna watch the special again. XD

I could totally see them doing a RM Target 5 Pack!
Hmmm An exclusive Cleo, Lala would be awesome. but even better if they threw in Clawd, Heath and Gil to the Five Pack would be even more AWESOME!

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #463 on: February 04, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
Does anyone have any owner pictures of Catrine?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #464 on: February 04, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
I contacted Mattel Australia a while back about my being unable to view the content on the official Monster High Facebook page. After a false start where they mistakenly thought I was referring to the Monster High website, I've finally gotten this response from them today: "We apologies [sic] for the delay in responding and we have checked with our global team and it seems that there was a glitch in the system which has caused New Zealand site being blocked.  Our global team are in the process of switching to a new system starting in February which New Zealand will be receiving the global feed."

Hopefully that means I will get to see all the posts soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal