collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wah! Wal-Mart Why?  (Read 856 times)

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wah! Wal-Mart Why?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 06:46:46 AM »
My Wal-Mart has been pretty sparse on the pony for at least a year or so; no plushes, blind bags, trading cards, and didn't get the free posters. It's frustrating because they never get things that are supposed to be Wal-Mart exclusives, either. As others have said, hopefully your pony section will buck up soon as they move things around. I've pretty much lost hope on mine haha.

This is the situation at my local Wal-Mart too.  Have to drive across town to find anything good from them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
The Wal-Mart in my area has stopped stocking most pony items; their reset removed the blind bag ponies completely, which was really upsetting! It used to be the only place to get ponies, because TRU was too expensive and Target's stock was almost zilch. Now with the reset, all they have are the mini three-packs and Crystal Motion ponies, and they're grossly marked up, with Hello Kitty and Disney things taking over the display, it's so upsetting. :(

Has this happened to you guys? Because I'm really just counting on Target (which has a lot more stock now, but STILL stuck on Wave 4 bbs) or TRU (also only has Wave 4) to get the new waves. :(

((I also won't be able to get the Fluttershy, AJ, and Rarity plushies >:I  DRAT! ))
      Oh yeah, the deluxe (glimmerwings) went from $8.88 to $9.97 and I can't remember the BB 3 packs being less than $8.97, but TRU has them for $7.99 so WM isn't exactly the cheapest in town like they like to advertise.

I agree about the "pony power" promo's poor distribution too, but then again I can't remember the last time another retailer had a special MLP display/endcap. Mattel is much worse with those from my experience.

My area's Target/Walmart/Meijer MLP sections have a lot of empty spots with a little old/new items in between, none are as robust as TRU, but they're still packed with last year's exclusives. I would bet by March/April we'll all have new things for spring.

Also, Care Bears are trying to get a piece of pony turf at my WM. 

"Time for a game of disappearing bears..."jk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:54:43 AM by popyduggan »

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 07:42:54 AM »
It's happening with TRU over here. MLP stuff are getting less while LPS stuff is taking over...
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 07:46:19 AM »
I went to Walmart last night and they have totally downsized their toy dept! I'm hoping that they are just getting ready to put in the summer toys and will expand back out. Even the Barbie aisle has been downsized, and Monster High is down to half of a shelf. There were 3 pegs of MLP brushables, that's it!  :yikes:
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Twilight

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »
this has happened to my local TRU (i'm in the UK), they have absolutely no mlps at all, which is upsetting to me as its the the only place i can get to for ponies. when i DO managed to get to a supermarket or two they barely have any variety :(

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »
Yup my local Asda is the same :(
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart: