collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: USPS Tracking Question  (Read 542 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
USPS Tracking Question
« on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:12 AM »
Hoping someone can clarify something for me.  I bought a couple of things from Ebay lately, and are marked as shipped and tracked in m Paypal account.  However, when I click on the "Track" link it pulls up a number and all its ever says is "Electronic Shipping Info Received".  Does that only mean that the seller have purchased the postage online and it hasn't been shipped yet?  Or has it been shipped?  There has been no change in the status for 5 days so I was just wondering what exactly it meant.  Thank you!

KaguraPony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: USPS Tracking Question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:33:24 AM »
When this happened for me it meant the item had not yet been received by the shipping company. Sellers sometimes send info about the item just to get a tracking number ahead of time. This makes it look like they've shipped it in a timely manner when in fact they may not have.

I can only advise you to watch your mailbox and if the item does not arrive by the date your ebay auction estimated, hold the seller accountable. Often you can check your actual package and it may have a date to tell you when it was shipped. If it was shipped late, you should at least get a partial refund as that is unfair to you. You paid on time. You should not get a late product.

Lastly there's a chance ebay's link is making a mistake. Be sure to bring up the actual USPS tracking website and copy and paste the number there. You may get a different message.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:37:42 AM »
It means that your seller printed her label out online.  And most of all the time it also means it has not yet been shipped.  But that does not always hold true as USPS does have a habit of not scanning items also.

Have you tried contacting your seller to ask?  Because the thing is if it has been five days since she printed it the PO will not accept a stale time stamp like that. If they do it makes them look bad when it takes two weeks to get there.

Although I do not suggest asking your seller for a partial if indeed it was shipped late.  I would try contacting them if you have not. If they screwed up they may offer your shipping costs back. But they are not obligated to give you a partial refund.     
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:47:25 AM »
Have you tried contacting your seller to ask?  Because the thing is if it has been five days since she printed it the PO will not accept a stale time stamp like that. If they do it makes them look bad when it takes two weeks to get there. 

Yes, I just sent them a message today inquiring about the shipping status, so we will see.  I'm hoping that it has been shipped and maybe USPS just didn't scan it or something.  I'm so anxious to get this particular package!  When you print out a shipping label online like that how many days do you have to actual get it shipped before USPS rejects it?  2,3, 5 days? 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:15:32 AM »
I would probably say three at the most but that is really pushing it.  And I am not saying there are not times when they will not.  But I know the lady at my PO is pretty strict about that. 

The thing is with ebay they really push for that one day handling time and to have your tracking uploaded within 24 hours to keep your discount or to even to obtain Top-Rated status.  So that maybe the case although 5 days is pushing it a little far if it in fact it has not yet been shipped, in my opinion.  Unless something prevented her from getting to the PO but if that was the case she could have sent you a message prior without you having to ask.

I at this point would just wait and see what she says when she gets back to you.  Then you can go from there.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:35:01 AM »
She should definitely answer you.

If she printed it, and didn't take it yet-- you can chose which day you wanna put on the package. It isn't necessarily the day she prints it. But if it was, then yeah.. all POs are different with accepting late postage. My fiance's PO once refused to take one that was only 1 day after. ...

There is the possibility she printed off the postage and took it to the post office, and they failed to scan it. I have had that happen to me.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »
Thank you guys for the clarification! 

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:00:02 AM »
Well, according to the tracking number is finally on its way.  The seller bought the postage online on Jan 22nd, and mailed it out on Jan. 28th.  She did respond back to my message as well on the 27th and said she shipped it 2 days earlier then the tracking number shows, but oh well.  I'm happy its currently in Cincy, OH and on its way to KY!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
*crosses hooves it arrives quickly*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal