collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you planning to come to the fantastic MN Pony Meet of Fun????

Yah, sure! You Betcha!
10 (34.5%)
Nope, not this year. But next year....
7 (24.1%)
Life is uncertain. I'm not even sure what I'm having for lunch. Maybe?
7 (24.1%)
The Princess Bride is one of my favorite top ten movies of all time. (What do you mean, off topic?)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet- August 24th in Hines, MN! (Up North!) PM for location!  (Read 13934 times)

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- August 24th in Hines, MN! (Up North!)
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
I love the contest!  Ideas are starting to form....   We won't be staying overnight, we'll drive back to my folks after the meet in Outing.  I can make salsa (smooth like Chili's) if people like that and I'll think of other foods to bring too. 

I'm sure we'll get into more of what people are selling/looking for, but I wanted to throw out early that we are looking to complete our series 1 G4 trading cards, so if anyone has duplicates and is looking to trade/sell, bring them with!!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
0.o? ok this is probably gonna sound like a dumb question but...
we bring ponies with us?
this is my first meet, so i have no idea what to expect.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »
Have fun girls.  I'll be there in spirit.  Hines is just too far and I don't want to worry anyone by having to pick me up and drive me.  Plus I don't really have the money for ponies this year.  Maybe next year I will be able to come play with you guys and your ponies.

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »
I would love to be there, but it's just to close to my due date (Wyatt was a month early too!).  I'm crossing my fingers for next year already.  I'm sure everyone will have a blast - and I'll be keeping my eye open for pics!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »
Rosier, welcome to the wonderful world of pony meets! Usually people bring ponies and related items to sell, trade, or just show off. I usually don't bring anything to show off, because 1. I don't have anything that amazing 2. We don't usually have room and 3. I don't want them getting mixed up in everything. So yes, you can bring ponies to sell. Other things, like pony crafts that you make, are good things to bring, but mostly people are here to buy and sell ponies. So look through your doubles and see who you want to part with! If you need any advice on pricing, you can just ask here.

Help? That would be awesome. For the last couple meets we had a chatroom-type board set up for the meet, so we could plan food, prizes, games, carpooling, and other things. Quite frankly, I don't have the gumption to do it this year. I know the last couple years it was on proboards, but I also know lots of other State Meets just keep a thread going on here. Either way works for me- I'm fine with cluttering up the arena! LOL!

I'm not sure how many entries per person for the Bunyan Contest- I am only planning on one, but I don't see any harm in entering more than one. Go for it! More Bunyan!

I am planning on a few games, maybe repeats from past years, and at least one that is a variation on a previous game. If anyone else has any fun games, please bring them!

I also think it would be really fun to do a Mimics in Minnesota picture, where we get as many Mimics together in one spot as we can. I have one, anyone else willing to bring theirs for a once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunity?

And one more- I'm taking some stuff to a yard sale this weekend, but I want to be sure no one here needs anything from my "Stuff that Doesn't Sell" box. It's lots of baity common g3's and g3 buildings. If anyone is looking for a G3 building, either leave a message here or PM before next Friday, or else it's going on the yard sale for cheap. (I will sell it to you for cheap, of course. I always like pony things to go to collectors, but these guys are taking over. I need my space back!)
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
 A mimic picture sounds like fun I will bring my MOC mimic for the pic  I also have a loose one but I am tring to sell it at the pony fair. if it does not sell I will bring it with me as well.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
hmmm have to see if i have any.
don't really buy many ponies i haven't already sold or given to my niece. (or baited out for customs)

do people ever bring customs to trade? or is that a waste of time?

as far as mimics... i can draw a picture of one. XD
the most expensive pony i own is 20$ and i got her on sale cuz of flaws.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
A drawing of Mimic would be awesome! And people bring all sorts of things to pony meets. The main attraction is usually buying and selling ponies and art, and customs are usually really popular. Don't feel bad if no one buys any- remember, it's only 1/1000th of the collecting community! Maybe you could ask here if anyone wants any specific custom?
I know something else that I've always liked, and it usually drums up sales of customs in the future is to give away a custom- either in a raffle (I'd put a dollar into a raffle for a custom!) or as a prize for one of the games we'll be playing. As more people get to know your work, they'll love it more. You can do the same thing with art. Or anything, really- we aren't fussy about the prizes!
It's also ok if you don't buy or sell anything- if you are just there for the fun and company of other people who like ponies. You should probably bring some kind of food to share, but we're not fussy there, either- it's just good form, if you are eating the food you should bring food.
The general way they happen: Everyone arrives and sets up their tables. While this happens, people are shopping and buying things. This slowly dies down, but people are still deciding on the bigger purchases. It's usually about 2 hours of buying/selling/trading, mixed in with getting to know each other. Icebreakers don't work for pony meets, because no one wants to play games right away- and no one is really shy- there are ponies to be fondled! So the "getting-to-know-you" games are a challenge! LOL! After the pony buying, we usually eat and play games, and then everyone slowly drifts away. That's how every pony meet I've ever been to has worked, but I'm excited to see how this one goes- maybe it will be a different pattern!
http://s570.photobucket.com/user/dianahermanek/library/Pony%20Meet%202010?sort=3&page=1

Here's the photo album from the 2010 pony meet. I'm still digging for the others- they've gotta be here somewhere!

Offline Shadowfax_22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »
I hope I can make it to the pony meet this year. I'm not 100% sure of my schedule quite yet plus its a long drive for me, but I do have family in Black Duck I could stay with and the last meet I was at was a lot of fun!!

I don't have a 'real' mimic for the picture, but I made a custom of her, she just needs her symbol painted on :) does that count?

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
I think any Mimics we can get would be awesome! And I love how everyone is jumping on board this Mimics in Minnesota thing- I can't wait to see what we end up with!
And Bubbles, you know I always look forward to seeing that fantastic MOC Mimic- almost as much as I look forward to seeing you! Hugs!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2013, 05:14:30 PM »
holy moly.
XD looks like fun.
was trying to figure out what food to bring... if i made it.. chances of it being good grow smaller.
my mom says my taste buds are broken. is it ok to wait a bit to decide what to bring, yah know see what else gets claimed.

is it usually just pony stuff? i know that my friend is a big monster high fan, but i don't know if interest mixing is ok at a pony meet.

and i'd love to do a few pics for prizes. just pm me what you think i should draw. and if you like the pics you can use them for prizes. or just a commission as a prize is fine by me too.

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
OMG! that's only like a 2 hour drive for me, yay! I so want to go, and I hope I can make it! <3

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2013, 11:58:40 PM »
Well, if I do in fact make it up there, I will bring my "lovely" childhood Mimic. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2013, 01:07:34 AM »
O boy!!!....more pony people.....come on everyone let's fill my garage!.....we have plenty of time to figure out food :biggrin:.......how bout smores anyone interested in smores later...so what's everyone think......shall we grill out along with a potluck??....I should have a good amount of tables and what not.

Is there anything else anyone can think of that I need to have for the meet??

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »
I love a good grill-out! Do we have someone who is talented with the flame? I don't get much practice, there's always someone who would rather cook when the grill is on- which I think is great, so I don't fight it.
Wizzer, I would be willing to bring some money towards meat if you want to pick up the meat. Not yet, though! LOL!
I'm also open to anything, but I think most everyone is coming from a fair distance, so we'll have lots of "plastic clamshell" food. Nothing wrong with bakery cookies, but they aren't a very good meal by themselves. I think we are now turning our trip up north into a genuine vacation, so we'll just stop and buy something- the crock-pot dip thing, probably something else- but there won't be anything baked from us.
Heck, I'm really not fussy about food, I'm not sure why I'm still writing about it. How about anyone with special food needs? Gluten? Vegetarian? Anti-olive?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal