collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you planning to come to the fantastic MN Pony Meet of Fun????

Yah, sure! You Betcha!
10 (34.5%)
Nope, not this year. But next year....
7 (24.1%)
Life is uncertain. I'm not even sure what I'm having for lunch. Maybe?
7 (24.1%)
The Princess Bride is one of my favorite top ten movies of all time. (What do you mean, off topic?)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet- August 24th in Hines, MN! (Up North!) PM for location!  (Read 13636 times)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Minnesota Pony Folks- Let's start Planning our Meet!
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »
Do anyone of you know of any off-roading up there? (For trucks, not ATV or anything...)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »
off road for 4 wheelers or just trucks?
a lot of dirt roads. and really beautiful lakes.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
Trails big enough for pickup trucks and SUVs. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
I like the idea of a meet near Brainerd! It's a little bit vacation, a little bit pony meet, and ALL GOOD! Mom actually sounded REALLY excited, I think she misses North.
And of course I remember you, Wizzer! You had the skirt!

I love Brainerd! The whole area in general, actually. Pequot's bobber water tower is always fun to look at.  :lol: Plus it's not quite as far away from me.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2013, 05:16:50 PM »
Hooray! I had a little computer issue, it's fixed for now. It sounds like we'll be having a fantastic North Meet! I know it's a long drive for some of us, (I think it's about 6 hours for us) but I'm planning on having a little vacation, too! I think Mom and I (and whoever gets tricked into going with us) will camp at a park close by, but we'll be there bright and early!

So does the location sound ok to everyone? We'll get the date figured out next! Yay!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2013, 11:20:23 PM »
That would be better for me...it's only about a 2.5 hour drive rather than almost 5 like last year!  So, we're planning on fall-ish?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2013, 11:41:58 PM »
which city did we decide on?

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »

You and Wizzer are both up there- in some way or another! It doesn't really matter to me which place hosts it, it sounds like both are beautiful and North, and have plenty of room for a meet. Is it ok if we let you and her talk it over and decide which one is hosting? Of course, if one of you has a pool with an adorable cabana boy, the decision is made.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »
Is the decision between Hines, Bemidji and Brainerd or only 2 of those destinations?  I couldn't really sort it out reading the posts.  Also, is this for a fall or summer meet?

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 05:39:57 PM »

Is the decision between Hines, Bemidji and Brainerd or only 2 of those destinations?  I couldn't really sort it out reading the posts.  Also, is this for a fall or summer meet?
that's what i was asking. hines is 6 hours for me. brainerd is about 4, 3 if i drive fast.
so i'm new to the meet, is it usually just an afternoon? or how does it go?

You and Wizzer are both up there- in some way or another! It doesn't really matter to me which place hosts it, it sounds like both are beautiful and North, and have plenty of room for a meet. Is it ok if we let you and her talk it over and decide which one is hosting? Of course, if one of you has a pool with an adorable cabana boy, the decision is made.

Any thoughts, anyone?
if i'm correct. the houses are less than a mile apart.
we could have the meet at wizzer's and for people that want to stay the weekend, can crazy at my mom's. only have 3 bedrooms though. i'll take the couch. it's comfy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:41:44 PM by rosierjay »

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 05:57:51 PM »

that's what i was asking. hines is 6 hours for me. brainerd is about 4, 3 if i drive fast.
so i'm new to the meet, is it usually just an afternoon? or how does it go?

Any thoughts, anyone?
if i'm correct. the houses are less than a mile apart.
we could have the meet at wizzer's and for people that want to stay the weekend, can crazy at my mom's. only have 3 bedrooms though. i'll take the couch. it's comfy.

As far as I know the meet is just a weekend.  That's how it was last year and if people wish they can meet up to do other things together.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 02:56:54 AM »
The way it has been working is we meet in the morning on a Saturday, usually around 10 am, but I think last year was at 9 am. Then we spend the day together, and we've been stopping around 3 or so.
I feel like if we have more room to mingle and talk, and if we bring food, it will be a longer meet. The place we were the last couple years was really nice, but also really small. Plus, didn't allow potlucks.

I think it looks like a choice between Wizzer's and Rosierjay's, both in/near Hines. Wizzer just said it was near Bemidji/Brainerd, so that's what I was using as a reference point. I know they aren't really that close, but they sound like they should be! Sorry about the confusion- Hines is the projected destination, and I like Rosier's idea about Wizzer's house for the meet and people crashing at her mom's house. (Is it a vacation home?) Wizzer, what do you think?

Sorry if I'm unclear about my thoughts- lots of things are jumbled into my head, and sometimes they don't come out right when I write them down.

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »
Sounds good to me, but I may be a little biased since it's nearer to my end of the state :P.

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
I would love to come to this again, I had so much fun last year!  The location is great, but I can only attend if its earlier in the summer.  I'm voting for a weekend in June.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »
I am good either way.....my house is not very big......old farm house....lol......but like I said if people wanna camp here I have a huge yard and I am not by the highway....potluck sounds great!...or even a cook out...I have a grill.....marshmellows or smores by fire.....we can even have a wagon ride at my parents house if guys like that idea....we have draft horses=)...could have the meet and go for a ride..hehe(just a thought) :frolic:....and yeah the way it sounds is that rosierjay is within walking distance...and we have very long dirt roads by my house...we can use my house for the meet or even my garage....depends on how many people are coming.....and what month are we thinking?? and day??=)  I am excited now!...I love having fun with pony friends!

Oh yeah, Hines is about 20 minutes North of Bemidji!

oh and everyone going should look me up on facebook if you have it....then I can invite you all to it if we are truly having it at my place...then we will have a good idea how many pony peeps are coming=).........Anne Washburn........my pony page is ----->My Little Pony**The obsession!!**
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:41:24 PM by wizzer218 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal