collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 80315 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #525 on: January 29, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
How do you live and what are up in your life right now? what do you work with? do you study?
I'm 26 and live in the west Phoenix, AZ area with my husb, his & my dog, and our bunny. I am a Systems Analyst. And for TMI...
Spoiler
I feel like I'm always in an awkward stage of life. I lost touch with most of my friends because they fell into the party scene (& they're still there), and I never went through that. I graduated high school early to work full time & help my mom pay bills, and put myself through college. I spend so much time alone since I often telecommute, and my husb & I work opposite schedules. I've never been good at making friends, so I turned to CL, but it seems like all the platonic ads there are for SAHMs (who usually can't even drink yet) or 420-friendly chicks. No thank you. *Sits at home with her toys*  :sheepish:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 29, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
I have a question for everyone!

To those of you who like candy, what kind of candy do you like?
I think that was covered in the original questionnaire  that Tiki sent.

Please ignore me for I am a derp.

*hides in corner*

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 29, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »
How do you live and what are up in your life right now? what do you work with? do you study?
I'm 26 and live in the west Phoenix, AZ area with my husb, his & my dog, and our bunny. I am a Systems Analyst. And for TMI...

You had me at "and our bunny!"  So very jealous.  I wish you luck with the rest.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 29, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
Haha, thanks Emberfly! Love my animals.  ^.^
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 29, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »
It's hard to keep track, I think there's been about a million questions asked so far!
I have a question for everyone!

To those of you who like candy, what kind of candy do you like?
I think that was covered in the original questionnaire  that Tiki sent.

Please ignore me for I am a derp.

*hides in corner*

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »
Spoiler
I feel like I'm always in an awkward stage of life. I lost touch with most of my friends because they fell into the party scene (& they're still there), and I never went through that. I graduated high school early to work full time & help my mom pay bills, and put myself through college. I spend so much time alone since I often telecommute, and my husb & I work opposite schedules. I've never been good at making friends, so I turned to CL, but it seems like all the platonic ads there are for SAHMs (who usually can't even drink yet) or 420-friendly chicks. No thank you. *Sits at home with her toys*  :sheepish:

We should be friends :] lol.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
I live in the Adirondack Mtns in NY with my dog, chinchilla and fish. And my mother and sister. I hate it. i moved back in January o lasy year because alaska was too damn expensive

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #532 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
I live in London, Ontario in Canada :) I live with my fiancee and our 3 leopard geckoes. I'll have lived in London for 2 years in August (our 2-year anniversary is on May 21st, and it'll be a year since we've been engaged in August as well :D)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 29, 2013, 07:26:25 PM »
I'm not sure where to post collection pics for my partner to see what sorts of things I collect. I will put them here and if it's the wrong place just let me know or maybe a admin can put it in it's place. Maybe we should even have it's own thread for people to reference if there are enough posts to make it worth it.
Ok so here's the pics... If you have questions please ask, I don't mind.
My Aurora Catapillars

A childhood cat I love ever so much!! It's hat has come loose and I used to carry lunch money inside the head. I have a LPS next to him so you can see how small he is.

This is a few random things, my gargoyle Archimedes, tiny Halloween cats, a extremely cute plushy animal my kids bought me, a stack of orange dishcloths and some pumpkin magnets

A close up of the tiny Halloween Cats

My BeGoths, they are hard to find and expensive when they are found, I don't expect my partner to get me any, but I wanted to share since I've never taken pics of them before. The one is wearing a Barbie outfit since I bought her naked.

oooh, your cats are sooooo cute!!! Your cat with the witch's hat is soooo much cuter than the one I have! I love her.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 29, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »

I am in my mid 20s. I live with my husband and two children in our house in ohio with two dogs. My family is close by so we visit my elderly grandmothers a lot and my mother visits the children often. William is 2 and lexie is 3 months. I don't really have the time, energy, or money to do much. I am a writer but its even difficult to find the time to do that. When I am not looking after the children I am sleeping. So I suppose I am one of those parents who is obsessed with her children and never talks about anything else. ;) i need to go back to work but have been unable to find a job. It's rare for me to get to treat myself like this.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 29, 2013, 10:51:24 PM »
Several people have dolls on their lists, may I ask how people feel about custom clothing or wigs?
Also may I ask if anyone has any allergies I should be aware of.  I am allergic to mold and smoke. Hopefully items won't encounter either of those but I also have two dogs so I wanted to make sure if a few stray hairs got in I wasn't going to kill my partner.

I would love custom clothing and wigs. I love anything that is handmade and have no wigs so that would be awesome. I am also in more need of clothing at any time.

It doesn't matter if there are a few stray hairs, we have dogs and guinea pigs and my mother has cats...

Adding to Sarah's question:  If you have a particular type of doll you collect are there any you already have that I shouldn't get?

Monster High dolls: I have Signature Abbey Bominable, Ghouls Rrule Abbey Bominable, Ghouls Rule Frankie Stein, CAM Gorgon girl.

Devil Dolls: I have Living Dead Doll Lust - large, Living dead doll Lou Sapphire - mini, Hellboy 12" You can see which Hot Stuffs I have in the picture I posted earlier.

I have a question would you be happy to receive a custom pony based on one of your collections?
I would love a custom pony :happy:

I would be ecstatic to receive a custom pony! These are my favorite. I don't collect a lot of pony's but I do collect custom pony's.

I also say a big yes to getting items local to the area from where the box if from.  Even state to state it can be fun.  I love things that are handmade so customs/artwork/all of that are of interest to me.

Yes I like small extras from the area the box is fun. That is always fun. I too love all things that are handmade so any artwork, etc would make me extremely happy!

Your favourite ponies? Just wondering about putting in a pony related extra

Star Hopper, Sweet Suds, Pillow Talk

I have a question. Do any of you guys like things such as lotion, body wash, or bubblebath? If so, what kinds of scents do you like?
I love lotion and body wash and spray. I don't do bubblebaths. I like Coconut Lime, Cotton Candy, Vanilla.

do you like home made crafty items themed like your collection? example being maybe a crocheted thing, or sculpted? things like that.

Most definately!! This is my favorite part of my collections, owning a piece of art that noone else has!

If your collection includes either dolls or figures that often come in boxes, do you prefer boxed dolls/figures?  Or would you rather get them loose?
If more questions are posted I will try to add them here to help out my partner.

I live with my husband and only son. My mother lives with us. We currently have 5 dogs, 3 guinea pigs, and Mom has 3 cats. I work at the local hospital in registration and I have been there for 15 years.

Also I like the vintage remco sea ponies.
fakie sea ponies?? never seen them before

Oh my! These are so cute, wouldn't mind finding one for my collection sometime.

For those of you who collect items from a series - Do you have any favorite characters? And if so, would you be okay receiving general merchandise of them?
To give an example of what I mean, say you collected Pokémon cards only, but your favorite 'mon was Pikachu - Would other Pikachu items in general be acceptable?
Of course

Soot sprites!

oooh I love soot Sprites... I have updated my wishlist AGAIN... I need to quit thinking and admiring others collections....

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 30, 2013, 02:50:08 AM »
Emberfly
how do you live?

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 30, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »
dear partner i have updated my original post with answers to all the questions asked(i think lol) x

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2013, 07:16:04 AM »
MIB or loose:

I think most of the stuff I have asked for would come loose. but MIB is fine but it would save on packaging for my partner for there not to be boxes.

I have one last question. (I hope) when you say local bits does that include anything you are able to eat or drink. providing it does not contain things you are allergic to or do not like?

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2013, 07:41:44 AM »
I just updated my list with the new questions.  Hope I didn't miss any.

I also added fossils/ammonites to my collection.  I forgot to mention them as part of the whole rock collection.  I've been collecting rocks/minerals/fossils since I was 5 years old. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal